Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Autosport wrote: »
    Love is in the air ;) Ask her to join you on a run someday ;)

Thats the Walter Mitty plan..just hasn't plannef out too well..FFS we live in a small village, it isn't exactly Mexico City !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

I had to Google Aromat. What does it taste like?

Salt,....tasty salt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I had to Google Aromat. What does it taste like?

It sells itself as an onion salt, it's feckin lovely and salty was a pure treat to get some as a kid. Now I'm allegedly an adult I've discovered I've no willpower so I give into all temptations :o

It sells itself as an onion salt, it's feckin lovely and salty was a pure treat to get some as a kid. Now I'm allegedly an adult I've discovered I've no willpower so I give into all temptations :o

An onion salt? I'm intrigued. I love celery salt.
    I will try this Aromat.

I presume I have to snort it so Mam! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I will try this Aromat.

It is a multi purpose seasoning. I think it has MSG in it which makes it so addictive! (and tasty)

It is a multi purpose seasoning. I think it has MSG in it which makes it so addictive! (and tasty)

Am I the only one who's never had it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I will try this Aromat.

That'll tell how much I know , I thought you had to smoke crack :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Legs walked off for the day.

Excuse me? :pac:

4ad, faint heart never won fair lady. You're going to have to be direct and strike up a conversation. If she seems uncomfortable just cut it short.

I never bought it, I just know cos one chef I worked with threw it on everything.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That'll tell how much I know , I thought you had to smoke crack :o

No you're right! I'm just thick.
    Or super innocent.

Let's go with innocent!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I never bought it, I just know cos one chef I worked with threw it on everything.

That was one chef prick so.:D Its grand stuff for limited use at home. Loads of people mad about it and yes very addictive once you start poppin it into food on a regular basis. I know some people who won't eat mash without it.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think they’re a few different flavour aromats, I know we have the yellow colour one here and it’s used on chicken

4Ad a simple hello, how are you? Wanna join me on a run anytime just give me the nod ;) Then it’s back to her to talk to you ;):)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That was one chef prick so.:D Its grand stuff for limited use at home. Loads of people mad about it and yes very addictive once you start poppin it into food on a regular basis. I know some people who won't eat mash without it.:eek:

He was a complete asshole. He was actually the same level of chef as me in that place but kept shouting at me all the time and calling me fat. One day he told me I was useless and I said I'm not the one pouring MSG all over my food to make it taste better. He didn't even know there was MSG in it and he went quiet and kept scthum for a few days after that. Thankfully.

He was a complete asshole. He was actually the same level of chef as me in that place but kept shouting at me all the time and calling me fat. One day he told me I was useless and I said I'm not the one pouring MSG all over my food to make it taste better. He didn't even know there was MSG in it and he went quiet and kept scthum for a few days after that. Thankfully.

What a d1ck!! Fair play for putting him back in his place Surreptitious.

Funny I was talking about chefs today and how when I was like 19 or something I worked in this really fancy hotel that had an amazing restaurant and the chefs were really highly thought of. But they were always having a go at the older women working with me and forever making sexual comments to me when I crossed paths with them. Anyway, they'd make lovely lunches for the staff but I was so scared of them and how uncomfortable they made me that I just wouldn't go into the kitchen to them to get a lunch and used to just pretend I wasn't hungry. I look back now and I wish so much I'd told them to feck off and then eaten all the lovely food! :D:D

What a d1ck!! Fair play for putting him back in his place Surreptitious.

Funny I was talking about chefs today and how when I was like 19 or something I worked in this really fancy hotel that had an amazing restaurant and the chefs were really highly thought of. But they were always having a go at the older women working with me and forever making sexual comments to me when I crossed paths with them. Anyway, they'd make lovely lunches for the staff but I was so scared of them and how uncomfortable they made me that I just wouldn't go into the kitchen to them to get a lunch and used to just pretend I wasn't hungry. I look back now and I wish so much I'd told them to feck off and then eaten all the lovely food! :D:D

You should have eaten them out of house and home! The one perk of working in those places is the free food. I can see why you would be intimated though at 19 with those lads leering at you.

You should have eaten them out of house and home! The one perk of working in those places is the free food. I can see why you would be intimated though at 19 with those lads leering at you.

I know. It's a great regret I have in life. :pac:

I know. It's a great regret I have in life. :pac:

They are always worse with the waiting staff, they don't do it to the chefs but you would hear them talking about you and staring at your ass and that which isn't great either. This would have been in my 20s when I actually had a nice ass :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A lazy cooks ingredient is that aromat stuff. It literally is just MSG. Both versions!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A lazy cooks ingredient is that aromat stuff. It literally is just MSG. Both versions!

I suppose if you want to use it at home fire away but I wouldn't think much of someone using it in a professional kitchen.

• Advertisement

They are always worse with the waiting staff, they don't do it to the chefs but you would hear them talking about you and staring at your ass and that which isn't great either. This would have been in my 20s when I actually had a nice ass :pac:

I wasn't even waiting staff. I was a chambermaid or whatever you call it, so I was forever on my own in the back corridors. I have the shivers thinking about it. :D

I wasn't even waiting staff. I was a chambermaid or whatever you call it, so I was forever on my own in the back corridors. I have the shivers thinking about it. :D

I would look at it that you were pretty so they were flirting with you. I doubt they went about it in a good manner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Nope, I had to Google it too!

Nope, I had to Google it too!

Yaay!

I'm gone off the idea now I know theres msg in it!

Told you it was like crack , addictive and bad for your health :p

Just get it and try it once anyway , no harm in that...

Told you it was like crack , addictive and bad for your health :p

Just get it and try it once anyway , no harm in that...

Crack??

Mams dealing. She's giving out free samples. No harm in trying it once...:D

• Advertisement

Crack??

Mams dealing. She's giving out free samples. No harm in trying it once...:D

:eek:

I take it that's a no so ? :(

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yaay!

I'm gone off the idea now I know theres msg in it!

Some msg is naturally occurring.

The packaging says no artificial additives , so I don't know. It's been a long while since I looked at food science, which is a shame as I did enjoy that part of the course. Ah well :)

:eek:

I take it that's a no so ? :(

:D

Nah I'll take a.... rock?

Nah I'll take a.... rock?

Ok , just wait a minute until I add some water to the seasoning to solidify it !

Ok , just wait a minute until I add some water to the seasoning to solidify it !

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

I see the thread is a place of grace and virtue as always :D

Tableside, letting the day fade out to The Songs of Distant Earth - Just the right mood for me right now...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I'm glitched out since my last post .
    Just to clarify , I do not use or sell crack or any other drug for that matter !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just to clarify , I do not use or sell crack or any other drug for that matter !

I can vouch for this everybody.

She just gives the odd batch away for free because she's so kind :)

To thine own self be true

Everyone is onto you now. No point pretending otherwise.

Lol , free !!

Definitely bedtime !

Mam only sells Aromat ;)

As do supermarkets :D

I’m glitched out aswell

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd love a long sleep but the bonus of how still and silent it is at this time kinda makes up for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bedside

Delighted with myself earlier as I got a bright idea.

To backtrack a bit, last November I did a clear out at home and decided to sell my items I no longer want, on the facebook marketplace. One of the items is a pair of goggles that I had brought in lifestyle sports by mistake. Still brand new in their box.

Unfortunately there has been no interest in them so I was thinking of how to get rid of them. Got the bright idea of posting in one of the local facebook groups (thats not a buy and sell group). Wasn't sure if the admin of the group was going to allow the post or not, but thankfully they did. Anyway that worked cos I have someone coming to collect them on Tuesday :D

Work
    Had to de ice the car this morning, good job I was running early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Day 14 of my quarantine and last day, back to work tomorrow, so had to shave and cut my hair this morning, will prepare uniform and pack my bags in the afternoon. So looking forward to going for a walk tomorrow and getting some fresh air.

We had our monthly TEAM meeting yesterday, one girl opened with “good morning, hope you are all well, safe and SANE”,

• Advertisement

Now you can see why I like the idea of a 4WD car. This is within an hour of my place.

https://twitter.com/dakar/status/1349992836570214402?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@ Smurf, awesome!

Workside. Got out for the saunter this morning. Stunning skies for sunrise, but the sun was hiding behind clouds.

Happy Friday :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Now you can see why I like the idea of a 4WD car. This is within an hour of my place.

Friend of mine recently got a jeep gladiator, I'd love to bring it out there Smurf

Bedside. Trying to figure out what to do with the day.

Remember watching a friend who was an US Marine Corp officer putting his brass on his uniform, he had a ruler to make sure that everything was placed in exactly the correct place, for me, well I’m Irish so “ah sure that’s grand, works perfectly”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

At the home office desk, having a Rich Tea sandwich and a cuppa, not clock watching at all, no siree

Did a wee shop, all sorted for work meals and dinner this evening and cheese most importantly ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, busy working away.

Was out for a quick stroll in the Phoenix Park at lunchtime. Nice dry crisp winter day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Good people, always check your email. I got an email from Chill that I was about to delete as I thought it was promotional.
    It turns out that it was a reminder that my travel insurance would auto renew next month if I didn't call to cancel it.
    Firstly, I had forgotten that I had taken out a yearly policy and second, it definitely wasn't put to use in the last twelve months and unfortunately I can't see it being called into use for some time yet.
    Swift call there now to make sure it doesn't auto renew!

To thine own self be true

Insurance renewal time :(

• Advertisement

Watching a crap movie. Waste of time jaysis..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement