Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

G’ very early morning!! Speaking of wine I was out looking for the Blue Moon - is it a blue moon all
    month or was it only one on Halloween night ?!???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Watching TV at home, nothing much worth watching on, as per usual...

Slept for most of Sunday as I needed to catch up on much-needed sleep. When I was up and pottering about earlier between 3 and 6pm in my dressing gown and PJs it was miserable outside so looks like I didn’t miss getting out for a walk.

Stone soup is the name of that story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Soup

Remember as well you're man jesus turned the bread and the fish into enough food for 4000 people, we could with him on this thread turning all the food into enough for the hungry wherer's :pac: I think he wine as well ;) for all the wine drinkers.

That's the one! Soup not stew! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wow stone soup, haven't heard that fable in an absolute age.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You'll have to wait for Jerus. I've got 7up here. D'ya reckon long he can turn that into champers?

I'm sure he would, I'll stick with the wine as the bubbles go straight to my head.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did I hear someone mention wine? Slides glass...

Just bedside and alarm set , the weekend flew by again.

ahahahaha mention wine and look who pops their head in :pac:

ahahahaha mention wine and look who pops their head in :pac:

It's a miracle lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

And mention food and who pops his head in :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Like a shower of meerkats

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    And mention food and who pops his head in :D

Ted isn't here auto :confused:

:pac:

• Advertisement

Ted isn't here auto :confused:

I meant you Seph :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

thomil wrote: »
    Hot chocolate sounds like a good idea. Sunday blues setting in over here, it's back to work tomorrow morning, I already saw that there are almost 1000 emails waiting for me when I turned work email back on on my phone :eek:
    Approximately 997 of them will be sh1te, sent by middle managers to make themselves feel important, or employees anxious to look busy.

You can tell I'm a Monday morning person. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

G’ very early morning!! Speaking of wine I was out looking for the Blue Moon - is it a blue moon all
    month or was it only one on Halloween night ?!???

A blue moon is when there are two full moons in the month. Essentially a full moon on Halloween night. The moon isn't full anymore, it is now waning.

New game!. Shout about cake and tea/coffee/whatever yo fancy yourself and play whack-a-mole with all the noggings that suddenly appear 'coincidentally'

Blue Nun is the wine, you couldn't have an 80s Christmas without it.

That's the second time I've mentioned the C word this weekend, it's like I'm looking to be banned.

I meant you Seph :P

Watcha mean me? :eek:

The cheek of some people! You taught us all our plate sliding techniques and this is the gratitude you get.

Oh I don’t know anytime anyone mentions food your little head appears and plate sliding happens :D

Wouldn’t be feel normal if you didn’t ;):D

The cheek of some people! You taught us all our plate sliding techniques and this is the gratitude you get.
    Oh I don’t know anytime anyone mentions food your little head appears and plate sliding happens :D

Wouldn’t be feel normal if you didn’t ;):D

Well the absolute cheek of ye accusing me of this :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Well the absolute cheek of ye accusing me of this :eek::eek:

Does that mean there will be no more plate sliding :eek:

As if :D

Popping the kettle on for you Grem :)

It's like animaniacs in here sometimes :D

Kettle is boiled , tea or hot chocolate?

I’m off to bed now as I realise the time :D

Night all :)

Kettle is boiled , tea or hot chocolate?

I’m off to bed now as I realise the time :D

Night all :)

I'll look after the tea Auto, have a good sleep.

It's like animaniacs in here sometimes :D

I know right gremlin? did ya see all the accusations flying around about me this evening :eek:?

I know right gremlin? did ya see all the accusations flying around about me this evening :eek:?

You must have your halo polished away at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, insomnia strikes again

You must have your halo polished away at this point!

AcademicLegitimateImperatorangel-small.gif

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Bedside, insomnia strikes again

Ouch, awful dose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Ouch, awful dose

3rd night in a row now. It was nearly 7am by the time I got to sleep this morning. Resisted all temptations to have a nap today and yet here I am.
    Have to be up at 7 in the morning, so that will be fun.

3rd night in a row now. It was nearly 7am by the time I got to sleep this morning. Resisted all temptations to have a nap today and yet here I am.

Very familiar, i hope you catch some rest but being exhausted does make it as impossible to sleep as being energetic :(

• Advertisement

Got a pedometer app on my phone recently, pure curiosity maybe try walk more on days off. Have already passed 10k today. Does that mean i can take tonight off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Same. My sleep pattern is all fecked up. No sleep since 4am (3am Irish time) and have to get up in an hour.

Gave up and succumbed to Boards! Ah, will sleep tonight.
    Got a pedometer app on my phone recently, pure curiosity maybe try walk more on days off. Have already passed 10k today. Does that mean i can take tonight off?

Woah - 10k is pretty impressive Grem! I’d say a rest day is allowed. Unless you’ve caught the bug (the walking bug, not.. the other one! :) )

Have a similar app on my Samsung, and it’s interesting information. Except when I look at it for a Sunday and it tells me that I took 14 steps all day!

Heh i had a lazy day recently, just wiped out from everything, 568 steps, guessing mostly kettle, fridge and toilet trips :pac:

CET Snowy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Smurf shall we send you a care package?? Rashers, sausages, pudding etc :) in return we get pics of Mutt :)

r

It’s not too bad, I can still get the mushrooms and bread :):)

Got an automated message from HR department this morning, congratulations on xx number of years in the company, strange thing that I only planned to stay for two, not more than half my life :)

Hmm, how many years we wonder, must solve for x :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Heh i had a lazy day recently, just wiped out from everything, 568 steps, guessing mostly kettle, fridge and toilet trips :pac:

CET Snowy?

CET indeed Grem. Always have that vague feeling that I’m on the wrong time, even though it’s been about six years now. Kinda like the transition from miles to kilometres. Took ages to stop trying to convert them in my head.

Anyhow. To prepare for workside!!

Wishing all and sundry a good first Monday of November.

Hope the day flies and the weather isn't quite as rainy as here

Deskside send help, I'm allergic already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Fock off Monday

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just about to do the school run , yippee :)
    Then when I get home I’m going to go back to bed. Nearly 5 before I nodded off last night :(

• Advertisement

I think the moon did a number on a load of us here!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Discovered that taking photos of the moon from a 500 mph seat, doesn’t work.

So this is the ground shot.

531446.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ooooo - looks nice and big and blue! I’m
    wondering now - its not always so tight and shiny looking - and sometimes it is definately butter yellow or mild orange looking. Whats all that about!?

lovely sun out today - nice and warm in ‘work from home’ bed. mmmmm

smurfjed wrote: »
    It’s not too bad, I can still get the mushrooms and bread :):)

Got an automated message from HR department this morning, congratulations on xx number of years in the company, strange thing that I only planned to stay for two, not more than half my life :)

Mushrooms? You need help ASAP :D Lovely photo of the moon :)

Morning all :) Got woken by the delivery guy this morning :D more presents for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

smurfjed wrote: »
    Discovered that taking photos of the moon from a 500 mph seat, doesn’t work.

So this is the ground shot.

531446.jpeg

Wow that's a really cool picture. It looks like something out of the XFiles!
    Seems eating that chocolate so late last night kept a few of us awake. Funny that a few of us on here have insomnia too.
    I've tried everything for insomnia over the years from hypnotherapy to acupuncture but recently found that a sleep machine and black out blinds works for me. I think its mostly psychological and if I can lull myself into a peaceful mindset by listening to crashing waves in a pitch dark room my body gives in and sleeps. That or I recommend a bottle of vino:)
    It really is an infliction though and I hope we don't have too many sleepy heads here today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the kitchen. Just marinated some slivers of beef. Gonna slice some peppers, chili's, onion and carrots. Some beers chilling in the fridge too. Feel like spoiling myself this evening. Had a quiet weekend. It's not a school night as Ms G is still restricted until Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Porklife wrote: »
    Wow that's a really cool picture. It looks like something out of the XFiles!
    Seems eating that chocolate so late last night kept a few of us awake. Funny that a few of us on here have insomnia too.
    I've tried everything for insomnia over the years from hypnotherapy to acupuncture but recently found that a sleep machine and black out blinds works for me. I think its mostly psychological and if I can lull myself into a peaceful mindset by listening to crashing waves in a pitch dark room my body gives in and sleeps. That or I recommend a bottle of vino:)
    It really is an infliction though and I hope we don't have too many sleepy heads here today!

If I go to bed when I first feel tired no problem, but if I don’t wide awake.:(
    I’m watching the news and I’ve just noticed that one of the cars who block my view driving out of the estate left their window open , in the rain :)
    TH thread here I come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Found an old photo of one of my ducks. Behold Drakeula the duck.

531482.jpg

Aww that is a cute duck :)

Had a productive day and now to relax for the evening but first dinner :)

• Advertisement

A dreary Monday here, I'm sorry I bothered getting up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement