Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Heading to work. Laters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Can't imagine argos exclude much from the essential list :rolleyes:

You’d be surprised Grem. I was in looking for external drives the other day and they’ve seriously reduced the selection.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You’d be surprised Grem. I was in looking for external drives the other day and they’ve seriously reduced the selection.

Possible supply issues too

Possible supply issues too

Good point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Can't imagine argos exclude much from the essential list :rolleyes:

Believe it or not they do. I needed a few USB Sticks as my usual supplier is taking ages, so I opted for an Argos reservation. I tried to be sneaky and reserve a bedside lamp for Ms G. Not a hope. Got one from Dunnes stores online that will do the job. Added some shoes, a shirt , a hoodie and two tops for Mrs G. 65 quid including delivery. We badly need it.:eek: Even online, I'm spending local.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can't get over brexit catching businesses by 'surprise' i know it was a mess but there's no issues in supply chain in major factory type places

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside relaxing watching tv, it’s only a night for the couch :D

It sure is :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside drinking tae
    Git now, I drink the correct tae.

Ya starting Gremlin?

:pac:
    Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside relaxing watching tv, it’s only a night for the couch High stool :D
    Loughc wrote: »
    It sure is :)

Fixed that for ye :-P

Seph, i'm finishing ;)

Can't get over brexit catching businesses by 'surprise' i know it was a mess but there's no issues in supply chain in major factory type places

Like loads of others I'm currently stuck in a Currys/PC World scenario. A .ie website but shipping it from the UK. Hard to believe these guys used to have an Empire.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

When you find an old (like 14 years old) DVD with movie files on it and it stills plays. A great collection of obscure stuff on it. Don't ask me as its all written on the actual disc, which is loaded now for take off!

Like a lucky bag, enjoy!

Huntingside, it smells like there’s something burning in my apartment... but I can’t find it! hmmm :pac: bizzaaarrreee...

@ G, found one of those discs a while back with a heap of Tartan Asia Horror movies on it... but nothing to play them on :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seph, i'm finishing ;)

tumblr_msws60kKJp1r4r8oio1_500.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, tummy not feeling the best this evening. :(

Ooooh fight!!! ModFight!!! MMA forum that way >>> if you need....

Still home-office-side. It's cosy and quiet in here, so catching up on admin stuff with a fab fun retro disco mix playing in the background.

By admin I obviously mean that I have just industriously done ALL the internet shopping, suddenly bit nervous about all the pending arrivals.
    New dining table (super necessary, because the old one is my old metal patio table andit's no longer charming, but just a bit sad :o), new dressing table and bedside lockers (because the 20 year old ikea repainted ones have literally stopped working and I want fancy), new patio tiles and loungers and summer bulbs and pots and soil (because happy summer sunshine project urgently needed :pac:).
    And some more new clothes for me just because I cannot stand wearing same old black black black anymore. This we can only blame the disco mix for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I know of a business who were all ready for brexit and then On Monday they received a email and extras had been added and others removed. This has affected them as they now have to go and change all over again and retrain staff.

Couchside chomping on a Maom stripe, god they are chewy :D

No mod scrap here because i'm finished and also don't feel well now. Hmm, not usually nauseous :confused:

No mod scrap here because i'm finished and also don't feel well now. Hmm, not usually nauseous :confused:

Awww, soz Grem. Sleep? Bicarb of soda? Big mug of tea or combo of all of the above?

• Advertisement

At work so remedies in short supply but water and tea i think.

Huntingside, it smells like there’s something burning in my apartment... but I can’t find it! hmmm :pac: bizzaaarrreee...

@ G, found one of those discs a while back with a heap of Tartan Asia Horror movies on it... but nothing to play them on :(

My three year old laptop has a DVD drive/burner. They can still be bought! I'm in the market for an even newer one. I also have a DVD Player/Recorder. My Tech desk has a DVD drive as an extension. with a burner! I even have a few VHS decks, a mini DV deck and an S-VHS deck. I have to have it all, along with the current day stuff like my iMac. But the struggling and often rebuilt PC still delivers loads too. My tech desk is an all in one place that can do loads of stuff!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My three year old laptop has a DVD drive/burner. They can still be bought! I'm in the market for an even newer one. I also have a DVD Player/Recorder. My Tech desk has a DVD drive as an extension. with a burner! I even have a few VHS decks, a mini DV deck and an S-VHS deck. I have to have it all, along with the current day stuff like my iMac. But the struggling and often rebuilt PC still delivers loads too. My tech desk is an all in one place that can do loads of stuff!

G! Something in that message sparked a thought and off I went and found an old DVD player under my telly in my room, one of them cheapo jobbies from power city that plays EVERYTHING! Tremendous Your “tech desk” sounds like a wonderful place buddy :D and not too dissimilar to my own PC, the poor thing is always getting messed with! Even though all it really does is Kali these days.

Hope ya feel better soon Grem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bedside

Delighted with myself earlier as I got a bright idea.

To backtrack a bit, last November I did a clear out at home and decided to sell my items I no longer want, on the facebook marketplace. One of the items is a pair of goggles that I had brought in lifestyle sports by mistake. Still brand new in their box.

Unfortunately there has been no interest in them so I was thinking of how to get rid of them. Got the bright idea of posting in one of the local facebook groups (thats not a buy and sell group). Wasn't sure if the admin of the group was going to allow the post or not, but thankfully they did. Anyway that worked cos I have someone coming to collect them on Tuesday :D

Buyer cancelled meeting :( oh well, back they go on Facebook Marketplace/groups/eBay/Adverts/Donedeal

I'm bedside

Bugger, not exactly nauseous, verge of a panic thing, not good timing, when is i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You managing to get through it ok Grem ?

• Advertisement

Breathe and sneses being used, be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If we can help distract you in any way let us know .
    We'll blabber on about spuds , onion rings , Italy , whatever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

*Rant*

I started an online business (Etsy, making wood pendants, how exciting) in November and run it in my spare time while my daughter's at school.

It goes well, I get good sales and reviews... and then they shut the schools until.... November probably.

Can't get any work done, can't fulfill orders...

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

(If you're bored and want a Valentines Day heart pendant, I have a sale on. At least I can still sell to people in Ireland.)

Coppice Wood Pendants

I'll even throw in gift wrapping for free for Boardsies.

^^ Some lovely bits there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Like loads of others I'm currently stuck in a Currys/PC World scenario. A .ie website but shipping it from the UK. Hard to believe these guys used to have an Empire.:rolleyes:

Same here G. Ordered an oven last Sunday week. They took payment on Monday, refunded it on Wednesday, text today to say delivery will be on Monday coming and took payment today.

Shambles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside..
    Hope you're feeling better Grem :)

It's cool, getting there, thanks to you all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hugs for you Grem (hugs)

If any of ye are in the south east try Swans electrical, they’re in Carlow

Beside awake. Brain says I’ve had enough sleep :pac:

Happy hump day folks :D

And fingers crossed the world starts tipping back to somewhere half decent with the big orange prick being gone from office over yonder!

Some mess to wade into..

Some mess to wade into..

Ain’t that a fact! He seems to have a good spread of people around him, so all we can do it hope.

Ain’t that a fact! He seems to have a good spread of people around him, so all we can do it hope.

I reckon with that team they'll be able to placate the trumpers if king cheeto himself doesn't start his claimed new political party. I would think though that it could be a treacherous year or two.

I reckon with that team they'll be able to placate the trumpers if king cheeto himself doesn't start his claimed new political party. I would think though that it could be a treacherous year or two.

Yeah, would tend to agree Grem!

It's a miserable morning out there folks!
    Day one of online lectures today, at least I have something to do for next 2 days

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's a miserable morning out there folks!
    Day one of online lectures today, at least I have something to do for next 2 days

I’m about to get a face of rain here Bubbly! Gotta get my kilometres in for Ray’s Marathon :)

Enjoy your lectures! :D

• Advertisement

:( Oh wow it's raining so heavy! I don't wanna go out there!!!

:( Oh wow it's raining so heavy! I don't wanna go out there!!!

It’s graaaaaaaaand :D

It’s graaaaaaaaand :D

Maybe for you!

I'm the wicked witch of the west though. I'm gonna melt!!!

Sunny and 26 degrees here!
    In my head.

Maybe for you!

I'm the wicked witch of the west though. I'm gonna melt!!!

Well??? Did ya melt??? Bet ya didn’t :pac:

G, your head sounds like a good spot right now buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, desperately searching for my motivation, or any motivation for that matter.

Wouldn't mind chilling on a beach right now, or ANY place that isn't my home office...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Well??? Did ya melt??? Bet ya didn’t :pac:

G, your head sounds like a good spot right now buddy!

I can't reply, I'm a puddle

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

The walls of the home office feel like they’re closing in on me here. Actually looking forward to a lunchtime run in the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside, playing games

Its my birthday today :D

• Advertisement

Happy birthday night owl

I hope you're doing something nice for yourself today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement