Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed
    kowloon wrote: »
    Found an old photo of one of my ducks. Behold Drakeula the duck.

Cute duck and all but.....he's not a patch on Mr quackers the Australian duck I met down under :3 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lying on my bed

Cute duck and all but.....he's not a patch on Mr quackers the Australian duck I met down under :3 😛

You didn’t Eat him :eek: :eek:

Shudders :D

Just saw the Aldi add for Christmas and #whereiskevin god I love those carrots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Went for a walk when the rain stopped but it started pissing rain again and was blustery as ****. Still good to get out of the house though. Listening to an audio book now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, just finishing up work for the day.

First day back and I'm already ready to throw in the towel. Remote work or not, I think they should bring back flogging for some of my colleagues!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where is Kevin was trending on twitter last night, I'd forgotten about Kevin the carrot, thank feck for something cheerful

Trundle time soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My first post from my new phone. I have the exact same model in its box useless to me because the provider I got it from refused to port my data onto the new sim without me being physically present. They blatantly lied when Mr Sardi asked if it would be a case of simply taking g my sim out of my old phone and putting in onto the new one (it isnt) and refused to take back the phone (unused) and refund my money. So I'll be onto ComReg tomorrow to start the battle for my money back. Very happy with the service from my new provider. Very obliging and a good price on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I can officially announce that all the Christmas pressie shopping has been completed on time and within budget. I would like to thank all involved in this endeavor. Amazon, Smyths Toy Stores, Lightinabox, Tesco's and even Dealz. Let's not forget all the great people in FedEx, DPD, DHL and An Post who get it to you.

Job done.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I can officially announce that all the Christmas pressie shopping has been completed on time and within budget. I would like to thank all involved in this endeavor. Amazon, Smyths Toy Stores, Lightinabox, Tesco's and even Dealz. Let's not forget all the great people in FedEx, DPD, DHL and An Post who get it to you.

Job done.:D

Whatya get us, G??

To thine own self be true

Whatya get us, G??

You guys get virtual gifts so its anything you want.:D

Due to Covid and out of work issues, I'm really delighted that we managed to get things sorted. We got Ms Gs big pressie in June and explained why. (a new laptop) But she still managed to get stuck in with a so called stocking filler list. Hence FedEx.:eek: Thankfully it was all manageable. Ms Gs remaining grand parents are looked after too along with her generous step brother who pays it back in folds.:D Small token gifts for me and Mrs G. Always a small list anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm racking my brains about presents already :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm getting everyone sunbeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The annual nightmare. We should do a wherers secret Santa. :D

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm getting everyone sunbeds

Oh lookit at moneybags :P Bet it's a sun plushie to put on the bed :pac:

I have written my letters to Santa :) Boom I’m a fan of my white skin so no sun bed for me thanks ;)

Couchside watching Heartbeat, Greengrass is one absolute howl :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oh lookit at moneybags :P Bet it's a sun plushie to put on the bed :pac:

tenor.gif?itemid=15316485

The annual nightmare. We should do a wherers secret Santa. :D

Well I would get you a new leg so it wouldn’t be a reject ;)

Autosport wrote: »

:pac:

I wouldn't know myself!

Would that be two left feet then??

Would that be two left feet then??

Her New name would be

Leg end No reject :D

Well if we're choosing our own secret santas, not keeping it secret AND telling them what we're getting them..

I'll take Seph please. I'll get him a cat. And food. Easy peasy.

• Advertisement

Well if we're choosing our own secret santas, not keeping it secret AND telling them what we're getting them..

And a few slidey plates as a surprise.

I love giving presents, weirdly, i'm not very keen on getting them :confused: so i would secret santa everyone

And a few slidey plates as a surprise.

Yeah big plates with wheels attached.

Yeah big plates with wheels attached.

Ooh wherers meals on wheels, licence immediately :D

I love giving presents, weirdly, i'm not very keen on getting them :confused: so i would secret santa everyone

Awww but I was gonna get you this..

531544.png

I'm just really awkward (or embarrassed) receiving presents :o but if that arrived on a wheely plate i think i'd be ok ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside after a busy day working from home, online Yoga class on Zoom and then my AA group on Zoom.

Very chilly out there tonight. Feels very much like November!

I'm just really awkward (or embarrassed) receiving presents :o but if that arrived on a wheely plate i think i'd be ok ;)

:):):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You know me so well ;)

• Advertisement

You know me so well ;)

I think we all do! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

JupiterKid wrote: »

No cloud cover, the moon is amazing, so clear and bright.

Don't forget the coffee beans for sephs present ladies.

Proving my point above! :D

Pishin rain here, moon was a beautiful cream/sepia earlier

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside after a busy day working from home, online Yoga class on Zoom and then my AA group on Zoom.

Well done you. But you're right its feckin freezing out there and it's gonna get worse. Another 400 litres of oil into the tank. I really need a Kickstarter job or a new vlog on youtube with lots of patreons.:eek:

Oh don't mention the oil :eek: i wish surprise windfalls for ye all.

• Advertisement

Oh don't mention the oil :eek: i wish surprise windfalls for ye all.

I bought a 1000 litres in April when the price was on the floor. Threw another 400 in last week that cost €200. I'd say we are good to go over Christmas at full tilt. after the dip I did. Who knows after that.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm like you , it's so much easier to give , and that feeling you get when you know they appreciate it and the thoughts that went into selecting it for them :)
    (I think we think we're not worthy , and get embarrassed )

May order more firewood this week , try stock back up the shed a bit , it's getting scarily low again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I much prefer the buzz of giving a present than receiving. The best are when you surprise someone with an unexpected one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Heading bedside, got 2 hours sleep in the end last night.
    Busy day at work. Knackered.

I much prefer the buzz of giving a present than receiving. The best are when you surprise someone with an unexpected one :D

Ooh if i can surprise someone with something they want/need, day made :)

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Heading bedside, got 2 hours sleep in the end last night.
    Busy day at work. Knackered.

Warm milk and honey plus dream dust your way, hope you get a great sleep

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm like you , it's so much easier to give , and that feeling you get when you know they appreciate it and the thoughts that went into selecting it for them :)
    (I think we think we're not worthy , and get embarrassed )

I'm glad to hear you say this mam because I tried to win you the wooden spoon tonight for your collection but I didn't quite manage it!

I'm glad to hear you say this mam because I tried to win you the wooden spoon tonight for your collection but I didn't quite manage it!

Aw , thank you but I'm delighted you didn't win the wooden spoon !!
    Good game ?
    I forgot about it , must read back on it later .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aw , thank you but I'm delighted you didn't win the wooden spoon !!
    Good game ?
    I forgot about it , must read back on it later .

Terrible game. I was down the bottom and that bloody Fong won again!! How does he do it!?!

Terrible game. I was down the bottom and that bloody Fong won again!! How does he do it!?!

Lol , he is the Sheep King !
    (In other words, I haven't a clue)

Deskside with a cupan tae and hunky dories salt 'n' vinegar
    No cloud cover, the moon is amazing, so clear and bright.

Coffee beans are a good bet alright pwincess.

Mmmm coffee

Well I love receiving gifts so you can send them my way :D

You didn’t Eat him :eek: :eek:

Shudders :D

Just saw the Aldi add for Christmas and #whereiskevin god I love those carrots :D

No I did not eat Mr Quackers :eek:

No I did not eat Mr Quackers :eek:

More into hooters than quackers i imagine :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement