Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Must do an online interview later....will of course be doing the shirt, tie & jocks combo :D

Good luck :)

I'm currently at the island in the kitchen eating a tuna sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hope your mother recovers fully, Bertie.

Tableside, wondering if Purple's flaps are still sellotaped shut. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lakeside (in the car) in East Clare having a coffee watching the rain...
    Mentall preparing for a nice long hill run, in other words what will I wear..it's 5.5c outside...decisions decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

In work but wfh tomorrow so it ain't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Working from home with help from the cat

Samsgirl wrote:
    Working from home with help from the cat

Them cats are so helpful aren't they? :D anywhere there's a bit of heat they'll find it. My Mother was telling me when I was a baby asleep in the pram, her and Dad went out the back for a few minutes and when they came back in the cat was sitting on my face :pac:

4Ad wrote: »
    Lakeside (in the car) in East Clare having a coffee watching the rain...
    Mentall preparing for a nice long hill run, in other words what will I wear..it's 5.5c outside...decisions decisions.

You might meet a certain female also running ;)

Autosport wrote:
    You might meet a certain female also running

Wonder woman?

Not too bad, brought home made soup, tea bags, thermal layer etc. Because of me feckin back i've to be up and down a lot but that's a good thing tonight. Hows the plans coming along?

You were well prepared last night so Grem :)

The plans. I'm nearly there. Cake, bridesmaids, ceremony music are what's left. One of the maids is in the UK so I'm holding off on getting her dress. I hope she can come home. God love her it's been since last August since she was back and she would have been home loads since moving over.

It's really terrible for Irish people who live in different countries.

I'm in werk werk werk. Day dreaming.

• Advertisement

So now, the end is near...... It's been emotional :D gone for good this time ( hooray say plenty :) ). Look after yourselves. Try and be not too serious and have the craic as much as possible. Life's too short and all that. As the outrageously talented Ronan Keating once sang, life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it.... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went for a wee walk and shop with herself, nothing stressful, low impact, nothing heavy. Needed a drink when I got home with the pain.. As bulldog would have said "this is total bs"

Ps.. I'll be super proud of whoever remembers the character I'm talking about.

So now, the end is near...... It's been emotional :D gone for good this time ( hooray say plenty :) ). Look after yourselves. Try and be not too serious and have the craic as much as possible. Life's too short and all that. As the outrageously talented Ronan Keating once sang, life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it.... :D

I'll miss you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Went for a wee walk and shop with herself, nothing stressful, low impact, nothing heavy. Needed a drink when I got home with the pain.. As bulldog would have said "this is total bs"

Ps.. I'll be super proud of whoever remembers the character I'm talking about.

Hahaha, I only know as I was reading an article about him recently about him being gay in RL

Miss you already :( Don’t be a stranger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lots done , veggie pasta bake in the oven , floors washed , I must be ill... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

RIP

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh page 666 so it is!.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home, doing my first art pieces since the New Year. :)

Had a great long walk in the Phoenix Park with one of my very best mates, had a great catch up, windy and chilly but lovely and sunny. Had a little doobie at the Furry Glen for old times’ sake lol ;) 8)

Another childhood mate will be Zooming us in half an hour.

Counting down the final minutes to the landing of the NASA Mars Perseverance river mission. Happy Thursday all!

• Advertisement

Just watching the livestream of the Mars 2020 rover which is attempting to land shortly. Live Nasa feed on Youtube link and you can see the current position on the other link if anyone else is interested.
    https://eyes.nasa.gov/apps/orrery/#/sc_perseverance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a beer watching the UTD Game, neeed a few beers to watch utd these days:)
    hope everyone is ok.
    Grem, hope your back is better
    Bertie, Hope your mum is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I spent a few hours today just rooting through containers of my tech kit doing a clear out. Mrs Gs orders.:pac: Everything from analogue to digital. (I know. How exciting.:rolleyes:) It's like a history book of my work gear. Found a sports/action camera not even opened. I picked it up in Lidl a few years ago for around 20 quid. Powered it up and had some fun testing if it really was waterproof and it is. It's no Go Pro, but could come in handy for a few seconds of footage in something mad.

As for now? No Wednesday night beers, so gonna have a few tonight instead. Feeling giddy and creative. Ms G is up to something on her graphic pad. Gonna check that out shortly. Then a zoom call to an afternoon in Canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Couchside, watching the NASA live stream of the Perseverance landing. Listening in to the dedicated Mission Control stream to be precise.

My name is riding on that spacecraft, please don't plaster it all over the Jezero Crater walls :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Just watching the livestream of the Mars 2020 rover which is attempting to land shortly. Live Nasa feed on Youtube link and you can see the current position on the other link if anyone else is interested.

Thank you for this. I had forgotten it was on today. Would have missed it otherwise.

thomil wrote: »
    Couchside, watching the NASA live stream of the Perseverance landing. Listening in to the dedicated Mission Control stream to be precise.

My name is riding on that spacecraft, please don't plaster it all over the Jezero Crater walls :pac:

Hooked up here too with Ms G and Canada. My friend in Canada is taking bets on it crashing. That's a Canadian for you.:D

• Advertisement

There's a nice real-time visualisation of the spacecraft on https://eyes.nasa.gov/

Just make sure you actually click on "Live" once you're in the visualisation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There's a nice real-time visualisation of the spacecraft on https://eyes.nasa.gov/

Just make sure you actually click on "Live" once you're in the visualisation :)

I'm thick.....it keeps staying in the stimulation...what am I doing wrong?

When you enter the visualisation, it'll take you to a preview of cruise stage separation.

In the lower middle of the screen, you'll see two buttons, "Replay" and "Live". You need to click on Live.

If you're already seeing a large green "Live" on the screen, you're seeing real-time data, and don't need to change anything.

Hope that helps ;)

Roverside, tuned in to NASA here too. Amazing really.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Roverside, tuned in to NASA here too. Amazing really.

Inpromptu NASA watch party in the wherer's thread :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When you enter the visualisation, it'll take you to a preview of cruise stage separation.

In the lower middle of the screen, you'll see two buttons, "Replay" and "Live". You need to click on Live.

If you're already seeing a large green "Live" on the screen, you're seeing real-time data, and don't need to change anything.

Hope that helps ;)

I got the green "live" button but still looks computer graphics than real.....is that what it's supposed to look like?

Ha ha I hear them talking about 1,000s and 1,000s of lines of code needing to be right and I get a cold chill (former coder) :eek:

I got the green "live" button but still looks computer graphics than real.....is that what it's supposed to look like?

If they could send live cam ops doing shots like that, I'd be first in line and win an oscar.:D It's meant to like you are seeing.

What G said :D That's a real-time visualisation based on telemetry sent back from the spacecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Another one watching the NASA steam here! I’ve a group chat going with friends and a big bowl of ice cream beside. So exciting and nerve wracking at the same time

Awww. Just incredible :)
    And not wanting to get political but I sure hope RTE and all major global news organisations lead with this story for a day... It would sure inspire a lot more kids into STEM subjects than the usual dross...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Woohoo! Go Perseverance

What a watch! Hello Mars, again and get ready for this big rover! I was a only a child when the Viking missions touched down. I was a Daddy when Pathfinder touched down, So much more happened in between and since. Love it!

Jumped on the space wagon and watched it too !
    Amazing !

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What a watch! Hello Mars, again and get ready for this big rover! I was a only a child when the Viking missions touched down. I was a Daddy when Pathfinder touched down, So much more happened in between and since. Love it!

I wasn't even around when Viking landed, Pathfinder/Sojourner was the first Mars mission I watched.

What a ride, I'm more than a little happy that my name is not in a scorched crater somewhere over there :D

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Jumped on the space wagon and watched it too !
    Amazing !

Isn't it just awesome Mam? All that distance away and all that Science involved in getting it there on such a big scale. I'm playing Bowie's Starman to celebrate.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Autosport wrote: »
    You might meet a certain female also running ;)

No such luck, think she's avoiding me !!

I wasn't even around when Viking landed, Pathfinder/Sojourner was the first Mars mission I watched.

What a ride, I'm more than a little happy that my name is not in a scorched crater somewhere over there :D

Delighted your name made it safely to the surface thomil. What an honour. A fantastic watch. So engaging. My Viking memories relied on dull news reports and days and weeks and months to get info on old fashioned TV and I was just a nipper. Tonight was spectacular. It can only get better. Science and tech can be so cool at the best of times.

It's not really much of an honour, NASA regularly allows you to send your name to space. Just keep an eye on this website for the next flight opportunity to open up ;)

https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/send-your-name/

And yes, my name has flown on all three missions shown on that website as well as on the Parker Solar Probe :D

Isn't it just awesome Mam? All that distance away and all that Science involved in getting it there on such a big scale. I'm playing Bowie's Starman to celebrate.:D

It really is G , it's incredible and amazing, can only imagine how the astronauts feel !
    Apart from relief that they landed safely :)
    Bowies Starman, excellent choice!

It really is G , it's incredible and amazing, can only imagine how the astronauts feel !
    Apart from relief that they landed safely :)
    Bowies Starman, excellent choice!

LOL! The Astronauts! Chips and stuff, but fair play to them.:D

It's not really much of an honour, NASA regularly allows you to send your name to space. Just keep an eye on this website for the next flight opportunity to open up ;)

https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/send-your-name/

And yes, my name has flown on all three missions shown on that website as well as on the Parker Solar Probe :D

My name has only visited the gutter. Enjoy it.:D

LOL! The Astronauts! Chips and stuff, but fair play to them.:D

Ah I know , but I thought a laugh was needed :D
    Plus I wanted to see who'd correct me on it :D

While the Mars landing was reality tonight and I was enjoying it with Ms G, she had completed a pic on her graphic pad. It's a completely different beast to drawing with a pencil and took her hours and hours to do. (hard to believe) Drawn from inspiration and developed into what she wanted as an end product. This is Computer driven art, but she appreciates the pencil and paint too. I informed her that to produce 5 seconds of animating it in a small way would require another 126 versions:eek: She has a long way to go learning. Between the Guitar and this art stuff, I reckon we can keep her busy.:D

image.png

• Advertisement

Ah I know , but I thought a laugh was needed :D
    Plus I wanted to see who'd correct me on it :D

A laugh is always needed Mam.:D Especially here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement