Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I'm having an x Ray on my poor poor foot on Friday. It still isn't right since I fell. I will be posting updates here

Be sure to add as much drama as possible to your updates. To get maximum sympathy like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Had the pleasure of breaking down at 40,000 feet, had two choices , continue to our private beach airport and get stuck there for days, or turn around, I was a wimp so turned around.

Now for all the paperwork.

I seriously dont know how with 334,000,000 people, they end up with those two !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Be sure to add as much drama as possible to your updates. To get maximum sympathy like :D

Don’t forget pictures :D

Couchside watching Heartbeat :)

Autosport wrote:
    Don’t forget pictures

I have the violin tuned and ready... :D

Oh I will!! *gently rubs little foot*

:p

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside counting down the minutes. The day did end up turning around quite considerably, not least thanks to the usual “interesting” conversations in here ;) So thanks for that, Wherers :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Oh I will!! *gently rubs little foot*

:pac: be sure to be VERY gentle. We don't want your foot falling off or anything dangerous like that....

smurfjed wrote: »
    Had the pleasure of breaking down at 40,000 feet, had two choices , continue to our private beach airport and get stuck there for days, or turn around, I was a wimp so turned around.

Yikes! Glad you're ok!

• Advertisement

Yikes! Glad you're ok!

My heart sank when I read it, I'd have pressed the eject button and bailed.

Couchside after dindins and kitchen cleaned , glad I'd eaten before I read the foot less post.😂

My heart sank when I read it, I'd have pressed the eject button and bailed.

Jaysus! The poor passengers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Revving up for the trundle.

3d4life wrote: »
    A fellow traveller :D

My feet have been X rayed within an inch of each of their exceptional bunions :p

I can see it now...your feet meet up with my feet to compare photos and a cuppan o' tae ( yours might prefer a hot chocolate :) )

( Think of all the medics that would be unemployed if it wasnt for us )

Mine would prefer a hot chocolate but will stick to a puritan americano. I can't spoil them too much :p

Autopilot and a few parachutes, I'm not that heartless.

I am really when it comes to flying, I'm bad enough if a light comes on in the car if it happened and I was a pilot I'd probably just die on the spot.

I'm bored, I'm up at 6.30am this week and the days seem very long, I love this time of the year but even though I'm busy I always feel it should be much later than what it is,weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside

Been a busy week so far, cant believe tomorrow is Thursday

In other news, im back on the dating scene (online dating). Been chatting with a lovely lad from Limerick for most of today. See how it goes and maybe meet down the line

• Advertisement

Lol, if We had any passengers then we would have continued to the beach, and promptly got stuck there. We were going to collect someone so easy to turn around.

For some strange reason they refuse to give us parachutes :)

This is Smurf :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Lol, if We had any passengers then we would have continued to the beach, and promptly got stuck there. We were going to collect someone so easy to turn around.

For some strange reason they refuse to give us parachutes :)

There's relaxed, there's chill, there's laid back, then there's smurfjed.

I suppose you need to be in your job, but still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am bedside cos ...my tummy is emotion-sick-icon.png hurlside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I am bedside cos ...my tummy is emotion-sick-icon.png hurlside

Stay as cool as you can DB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Poor Boo

Fecking election, well i'm blaming it for site slowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have sent my life flying out there! So be it!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I have sent my life flying out there! So be it!

Hanging it all out? :confused:

Sorry now but I couldn’t careless who wins

Autosport wrote: »
    Sorry now but I couldn’t careless who wins

In the soccer is it?? :P

In the soccer is it?? :P

But Shamrock rovers won the title ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I've just eaten an entire loaf of tiger bread that I bought this morning in Lidl. I thought it would last me at least two days! Not only did I eat all the bread, there were fillings and toppings including two crisp sandwiches, a sausage sandwich and a banana sandwich..I don't even like bananas! Somebody please take the butter knife away from me! Crazy part is, I'm not even full! I'm couchside battling to not go kitchen side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »
    I've just eaten an entire loaf of tiger bread that I bought this morning in Lidl. I thought it would last me at least two days! Not only did I eat all the bread, there were fillings and toppings including two crisp sandwiches, a sausage sandwich and a banana sandwich..I don't even like bananas! Somebody please take the butter knife away from me! Crazy part is, I'm not even full! I'm couchside battling to not go kitchen side!

Embrace the food.

I couldn't eat, I spent 40 weeks with my head in the toilet. Then at 30 weeks they had the cheek to put me on a diet ( gestational diabetes) I was naturally a size 6-8 and never been on a diet in my life . I was lighter at the end of the pregnancy than before I got pregnant as I didn't diet right. I have never been as miserable in all my life as I was when pregnant. I'm still waiting on the feckin glow:D

Seriously enjoy every morsel.

Did you slide a plate down to Cork to a certain cat person ;)

Omg Princess, what an ordeal, i feel awful for you. What an experience :(

Deskside, bright desk tonight so a bit more grumpy than usual :pac:

• Advertisement

Omg Princess, what an ordeal, i feel awful for you. What an experience :(

Deskside, bright desk tonight so a bit more grumpy than usual :pac:

I did it twice:D himself said he couldn't handle a third pregnancy, ffs :)

Ah it is worth it, but I haven't forgotten or forgiven yet :D

I am very jealous of girls who can eat though :)

I did it twice:D himself said he couldn't handle a third pregnancy, ffs :)

Ah it is worth it, but I haven't forgotten or forgiven yet :D

I am very jealous of girls who can eat though :)
    My God, you poor thing. I'm a small size 8 too and normally dont eat crazy amounts but my appetite has shot through the roof. I dont want anything healthy either. I'm eating shortbread, cake, crisps etc. I'm forcing myself to have smoothies with spinach and avocado in the morning but the idea of salad or vegetables makes me ill. I've been so lucky that I don't have morning sickness, just blinding headaches and crying at the drop of a hat then laughing hysterically then crying again:)
    A friend of mine used to eat coal when she was pregnant..coal for the fire! Her child is perfectly healthy so I'm holding out hope for little bean:)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Bedside and after having one of these with a cuppa... :)
    They are SO fricking yummy :D

My God, you poor thing. I'm a small size 8 too and normally dont eat crazy amounts but my appetite has shot through the roof. I dont want anything healthy either. I'm eating shortbread, cake, crisps etc. I'm forcing myself to have smoothies with spinach and avocado in the morning but the idea of salad or vegetables makes me ill. I've been so lucky that I don't have morning sickness, just blinding headaches and crying at the drop of a hat then laughing hysterically then crying again:)
    A friend of mine used to eat coal when she was pregnant..coal for the fire! Her child is perfectly healthy so I'm holding out hope for little bean:)

I think pica or something is the term for the coal eating....the thoughts of that!!

Enjoy the eating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oops, not like you can just pull over. Glad all well in thr end and ye got to get back okay.

Couchside eating cream crackers with real kerrygold
    - not sliding any plates tonight

Pistachios here nom nom nyommy nyom

I think pica or something is the term for the coal eating....the thoughts of that!!

Enjoy the eating :)

Cant believe there's a word for eating coal pregnant 😆
    Thanks a million Princess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Cant believe there's a word for eating coal pregnant 😆
    Thanks a million Princess:)

My Mam used eat firelighters when pregnant. Think it was the paraffin in them she liked. She even wrote to Zip asking them if they were harmful. Think they advised her to stop :)

Samsgirl wrote: »
    My Mam used eat firelighters when pregnant. Think it was the paraffin in them she liked. She even wrote to Zip asking them if they were harmful. Think they advised her to stop :)

Oh that's hilarious, firelighters!! I'm not surprised they advised her to stop :)

• Advertisement

HeyV wrote: »
    Bedside and after having one of these with a cuppa... :)
    They are SO fricking yummy :D

They are delicious :) I hope they keep them for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Autosport wrote: »
    They are delicious :) I hope they keep them for longer

I know! Aren’t they yum?! :O
    I’ve only seen them in one shop here, surprised they’re not in more places. :D

I just eat for two really *embarrassed beam*

Samsgirl wrote: »

Hahaha this cracked me up! I would love to read the letter she wrote:)
    Dear Zip... your lighters are both efficient and surprisingly delicious!
    I would also love to have read their reply 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is anyone else delighted to have this presidental sh*t show as a welcome distraction to Covid?!

To thine own self be true

Is anyone else delighted to have this presidental sh*t show as a welcome distraction to Covid?!

And Brexit!

• Advertisement

I'm just glad for loads of (for me) good music to switch off from it all when i need, newsfeeds of anything get too much after a while.

I has been abandoned :(

Nope, I’m back awake so you are no longer abandoned :)

Clear blue sky day and 26 degrees.

Still working? Didn't freeze here last night, was supposed to be a bit of frost.

I’m still hotel bound, stopped counting the days after the 1st month, but 6 of my colleagues have resigned due to this lack of days off and vacation, so expecting it to change shortly.

Volunteered to do a trip next week based primarily on the fact that we would sit in an amazing Indian Ocean island for 3 days, typically after I accepted doing the trip, they cancelled the last destination, my lovely island :):):) Now how do I un-volunteer :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement