Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Back on duty, lovely 2 bedroom apartment, 3 bathrooms, more space than I know what to do with. So if anyone wants to come visit me, you are most welcome :):)

Give us a lift?? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tis chilly out there...time for some pain meds and watch a bit of sports news before starting my day

Same, skedaddle shortly, stop at shop, tea and hot water bottle in the cot asap..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bootin up and off for a hike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) It’s a cool one today :) Saw this picture and it reminded me of someone ;):D

Happy Sunday!!!

Did you all go on a hike today?:D Mine was fantastic and a little bit of heat in the Sun once you were on the move. I actually took my jacket off for lunch at the spot below. Not a bad scene while eatin the sandwich.

GOPR0095.jpg

So glad we got this little spell of weather. Absolutely love being off the beaten track and glad it's on my doorstep.

GOPR0094.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One lawn cut this afternoon, thank feck for that !
    My exciting news for the day :pac:

My phone got water damaged and do you think I can find any of my old phones, nope :( That’s my news of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Did you all go on a hike today?:D

Don't know about the rest, but I sure did :D

Took the new drone out for a test flight or two today. Deskside now and feeling absolutely shattered. I guess I really am out of shape :eek:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Just had a very long annoying day at work.

In better news, doggo seems grand again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Nah, its the whole world! But you get to explore and look for clues etc.

Probably not for the best. You get weird looks when you recognise an alleyway full of bins in Bangkok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling after spending a couple of hours getting a proper Spring clean started, clearing out my wardrobe and paperwork on the dining table.

A good start has been made! :)

G that spot you were walking in, bog conservation works? Looks like one of those walkways

thomil wrote: »
    Don't know about the rest, but I sure did :D

Took the new drone out for a test flight or two today. Deskside now and feeling absolutely shattered. I guess I really am out of shape :eek:

Love it! I had the GoPro with me today. It felt funny to be shooting random video with no particular purpose, but I've been doing that a lot to just keep fresh. I suppose that's a purpose!

Sitting with Ms G listening to her current music choice that inspired her to draw the album cover on her graphic pad or at least her interpretation of it.

G that spot you were walking in, bog conservation works? Looks like one of those walkways

It sure is Grem. The last part of my journey across a raised bog that's slowly recovering. My whole trip was very diverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Had my first driving lesson today. Both of us masked, must have looked like we were about to commit a robbery.lol

It sure is Grem. The last part of my journey across a raised bog that's slowly recovering. My whole trip was very diverse.

Looking forward to eventually getting on to the one down home, always loved wandering there but the conservation element really excites me.

I'm away to the leaba. A long day of leisure and domesticity.:D Tired feet too but well worth it.

I'm deskside contemplating more coffee and listening to McLoone on the wireless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm deskside contemplating more coffee and listening to McLoone on the wireless

Paddy?

Moved Deskside, just rendering a 4 minute show reel from my drone flights today. Not sure whether my laptop will survive the rendering process as it's a 4k video :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

I live miles outside Dublin and I went all the way by bus into the city centre and met my mates for a game of soccer in the Phoenix Park followed by a few cans some tunes before a few girls joined us who we matched with on dating apps. A great time was had. The sun was shining.
    5km is a joke.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Paddy?

The very one. Enjoy his show greatly

The very one. Enjoy his show greatly

What station is he on?

What station is he on?

He's on todayfm until 01.00

Fancy a cuppa?

He's on todayfm until 01.00

Fancy a cuppa?

Ooh yeah, please. How's that back of yours?

Ooh yeah, please. How's that back of yours?

Good stuff, i'm off to make my two teabag special, how do you like yours? :P

Back is still bad, horrific trying to get out of bed in a hurry earlier :( However it's chilled out a bit for now thankfully

Good stuff, i'm off to make my two teabag special, how do you like yours? :P

Back is still bad, horrific trying to get out of bed in a hurry earlier :( However it's chilled out a bit for now thankfully

Strong with two sugars. Hope that pain clinic can sort you out soon

Strong with two sugars. Hope that pain clinic can sort you out soon

Consider it brewing ;)

I'm just grateful to have heard from the pain clinic, had no idea they'd reopened, they were shut during last lockdown (gawd help the real emergency cases, the suffering they must have gone through)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A lovely relaxed day, got our 10 km walk done this morning (5 km in each direction) without meeting a soul, home by 9.30 this morning for a lovely breakfast, sat down and done a bit of reading then for the day, decided at 12.30 we'd head off for another walk in the other direction, did 3 km each way there, home then and did our weekly calls to family in the UK, Dublin and Cork, spent the evening then watching tv and having a couple of beers, and just about ready for bed now, no alarm needed for the morning as we're both still working from home, all is good for another Sunday night on lockdown :D

• Advertisement

GoneHome you've made sunday sound nice, usually a day i don't like!. I'm looking forward to morning, it'll be a fresh morning, i am going to try and go for a walk after work..

GoneHome you've made sunday sound nice, usually a day i don't like!. I'm looking forward to morning, it'll be a fresh morning, i am going to try and go for a walk after work..

Do Grem, it's the best thing ever, I know at times I feel like it's the last thing in the world I want to do but the absolute sense of satisfaction after getting home from a long walk that way is unreal, it's all worthwhile for body and soul.

Won't be able for much distance but i'll be happy if i'm out for an hour and a half or so.. Monday morning a great time for it, quietest time of the week..

I live miles outside Dublin and I went all the way by bus into the city centre and met my mates for a game of soccer in the Phoenix Park followed by a few cans some tunes before a few girls joined us who we matched with on dating apps. A great time was had. The sun was shining.
    5km is a joke.

The temptation to reply to this is real but I think you're trolling because nobody could be that stupid/unaware/uncaring to put others at risk to do what you've outlined :rolleyes::mad:

Won't be able for much distance but i'll be happy if i'm out for an hour and a half or so.. Monday morning a great time for it, quietest time of the week..

Grem, do what distance/pace suits you, that's all ok it's being out in the fresh air is the main thing

Two hours and i'm off for a week.. It's going to be a long one i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

How’s your back?

Behaved ok during night, getting fatigued now so starting to twinge somewhat, will walk gently home.. Ta for asking.. How's your day, up early again?

Did you say off for a week Grem? Have a lovely week, hope you get some help with that back!
    Two college assignments in today, won't be top marks, but at least I got them done :)
    Coffee then work

Bed first anyway then see how things progress.. Feckin wrecked. Well done on the assignments ;)

I’m on holidays too Grem :D Lets go wild :D Fizzy pop it is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Working. Can't get the warmth into me! Hope everyone had a nice weekend :)

thomil wrote: »
    Moved Deskside, just rendering a 4 minute show reel from my drone flights today. Not sure whether my laptop will survive the rendering process as it's a 4k video :eek:

How did the 4K work out on your laptop?

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m on holidays too Grem :D Lets go wild :D Fizzy pop it is ;)

Suppose it is a bit early for anything else!.

Now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Now?

Grem , when you're on holidays, ANY time is the right time , enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

We do have some nice scenery in Kerry :)

How did the 4K work out on your laptop?

Quite well actually. MacBook Pro running Adobe Premiere. My previous videos were all done in 1080p, so it was more the lack of experience that had me nervous. Anyway, here's the video for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/yw3t8u4CWMs

Now deskside at work, busy, dishwasher is running in the kitchen. I'm scarily productive today :eek:

Swarms of seagulls reeling and whirling in wide arks above me. I think the sky is about to produce some 'Atlantic' weather conditions.

Grumpy had his Zoom meet up with the day centre. He won the bingo! HOUSE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, busy working away.

If time permits later I will try to get a walk in the park in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement