Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It'll be couch and 4od for me for much of the week.. Mad cranky so not contacting anyone in case I am rude..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

thomil wrote: »
    Quite well actually. MacBook Pro running Adobe Premiere. My previous videos were all done in 1080p, so it was more the lack of experience that had me nervous. Anyway, here's the video for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/yw3t8u4CWMs

Now deskside at work, busy, dishwasher is running in the kitchen. I'm scarily productive today :eek:

That made me dizzy :pac: Craic'n work Thomil! My iMac doesn't go above 1080, will have to have a look on the phone later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

In Ennis waiting to give blood..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Quite well actually. MacBook Pro running Adobe Premiere. My previous videos were all done in 1080p, so it was more the lack of experience that had me nervous. Anyway, here's the video for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/yw3t8u4CWMs

Now deskside at work, busy, dishwasher is running in the kitchen. I'm scarily productive today :eek:

Lovely footage thomil. "The bellend with the drone!" :D While I have lots of kit, I never bothered with a drone as I always worked with a team that included a drone operator. May have to rethink that. I was intending to sub the work out.
    That made me dizzy :pac: Craic'n work Thomil! My iMac doesn't go above 1080, will have to have a look on the phone later!

My incoming HP Pro Desk is spec'd to the hilt. If I'm going it alone, I have to move away from Apple. Far too expensive to maintain/upgrade without the big pay days by others.:D I always found Final Cut way over spec'd anyway. But I'll keep it just to tell arseholes I have it.:D You'd be amazed how many so called video professionals think Final Cut is the be all and end all. I always say its about technique, not software.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Few beers, a beef and stout pie and a psychological thriller, good distraction technique I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My incoming HP Pro Desk is spec'd to the hilt. If I'm going it alone, I have to move away from Apple. Far too expensive to maintain/upgrade without the big pay days by others.:D I always found Final Cut way over spec'd anyway. But I'll keep it just to tell arseholes I have it.:D You'd be amazed how many so called video professionals think Final Cut is the be all and end all. I always say its about technique, not software.

It's all about the person buddy, I totally agree with you. Would agree about PCs too. Macs are somewhat upgradable, I upgraded the RAM and hard drive to an SSD in my iMac, but it ain't for the faint of heart... and I only recently told a friend to let a tech do it, it's not worth the stress when you can pay someone else to do it :D

Couchside. Watching New Girl because my brain won't work enough to watch anything interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)
    Got my new phone and I’m like a child at Christmas :D

Couchside watching Heartbeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

It'll be couch and 4od for me for much of the week.. Mad cranky so not contacting anyone in case I am rude..

I am sorry to hear you are in such pain. And hope someone can help you manage it.Back pains are some of the worst pains.

Few beers, a beef and stout pie and a psychological thriller, good distraction technique I think!

You are making me so happy Grem! Enjoy it! Delighted for you. Beers and pie. Can't beat it.

I'm stuck into trying out new software and helping Ms G on her graphic pad. She worked very hard yesterday to recreate an album cover from some dude (songs are great) that I hadn't heard of. It's all Spotify these days.:) When the graphics pad gets very real and requires work, especially for a 13 year old.

image-1.png

She still paints on canvas/paper but is getting into developing things in the computer world. Proud Dad here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »
    Got my new phone and I’m like a child at Christmas :D

Watcha get ?

Will Alfie's face unlock it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What's the haps this evening.

Did anyone miss me?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Did anyone miss me?

Is lent over already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Did anyone miss me?

Who are you again? :confused: :pac:

Seriously, good to see some veterans coming back to the thread :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Is lent over already?

Lent is for quitters!!
    Who are you again? :confused: :pac:

Seriously, good to see some veterans coming back to the thread :D

I prefer distinguished to veteran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I expected to see you in the Big Brother house, Teddy Bear.
    What happened ya?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I had one of the Easter eggs I had stocked away today. It has been scientifically proven that chocolate tastes better in the shape of an egg.

kowloon wrote: »
    I had one of the Easter eggs I had stocked away today. It has been scientifically proven that chocolate tastes better in the shape of an egg.

I'm not sure I buy that. This might require some more eggsperiments on my side to prove or disprove the theory :D

What happened ya?

Real life got in the way. Had no idea what is was about from its OP either.

Awake waaaaaaaaay too early here.

Staring into the night has been replaced by staring into the morning.

Staring into the night has been replaced by staring into the morning.

Is it giving you an increased level of wisdom?

• Advertisement

Feel very calm this morning, haven't been for a while, it's nice and normal again!
    Coffee then walk, possibly in the rain :(

Is it giving you an increased level of wisdom?

Mainly a goo for toast. Fancy a slice?

Mainly a goo for toast. Fancy a slice?

I never turn down food.

I never turn down food.

A wise frame of mind :) I'll supply some coffee too.

Oohhh someone’s making us toast :D Id like a slice thanks :D

Morning all :) A walk in the rain is in order here or should
    I say the bosses orders :D

Luckily I just got a loaf of pat's finest so toast for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The memories app is one thing in an iPhone that is driving me crazy these days, I don’t want to be reminded of the beautiful places that I USED to visit :) this is Salalah Oman.

546336.jpeg

What happened ya?

Expect to see Ted and Sephs wild adventures coming to a tv soon :D

Back from our walk and thankfully the rain held off and Alfie got to meet his girlfriend :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, finishing off an email before getting my lunch sorted.

Deskside in the home office as well, just after getting sorted out by my lunch. Note to self: Easy on the cayenne pepper next time :eek:

• Advertisement

Waiting in pain clinic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Waiting in pain clinic

Best of luck with it Grem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Just switched on TV3 and Elaine Crowley is on...she's gorgeous!...and she's interviewing Whigfield who seems to have had 1 or 2 botched lip fillers....

Got a blast of trigger point injections 20-25 of them, lignocaine, steroid and muscle relaxant.. Hopefully some relief while planning a strategy for me long term..

I fell asleep for s few hours, drat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I fell asleep for s few hours, drat.

You missed nothing, bar some rain...and a bit more rain...but, tbf ..I think there was some rain too!!

Just when you think a bit of decent weather is coming, normal service resumes in Ireland - the country that really needs a roof. Delighted I got lots of outdoors stuff done like a few hikes and even cutting the grass. Today was a day to be a boring shopping drone, belting in and out of a few different supermarkets to pick up what's needed at the best possible price. Today was Aldi/Tesco/Dunnes and it runs from cheap as fook/not bad/ Holy fook, but sure go on.:D

You are constantly reminded about Mothers Day on your travels EVERYWHERE! In my gaff, everyday is Mothers Day in terms of meals handed up and treats. :D But Mrs G is great and just wants to get Ms G into the spirit of actually spending her cash haul of over 250 quid:eek: on someone else. That haul was accumulated through Grandparents, Christmas and a recent Birthday. I successfully relieved Ms G of cash today to buy Mammy a nice pressie for Mothers Day, but it was a real challenge and life lesson for her. Thankfully I relieved the stress by milling an Aldi raspberry and apple danish on our return.:D

GOPR0102.jpg

Real life got in the way. Had no idea what is was about from its OP either.

Awake waaaaaaaaay too early here.
    I signed up but real life got in my way too.
    All I've learned from it is that Mam is now known as The Don round these parts so I won't be crossing her in future!

I signed up but real life got in my way too.
    All I've learned from it is that Mam is now known as The Don round these parts so I won't be crossing her in future!

Especially with Mother's Day on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Was stood up for, by 4 men today in the supermarket when a psycho shopper went ballistic & they helped the manager clear him from the shop. Thank God for people. All total strangers.

Was stood up for, by 4 men today in the supermarket when a psycho shopper went ballistic & they helped the manager clear him from the shop. Thank God for people. All total strangers.

Wasn't me!:D

I read the first line and thought: whoa! Stood up by four men. Who arranges that kind of a date?!

I'm pooped, want to go for a lie down but...

Was in the hospital today and spotted a pigeon nest with two squabs in it up in one of the beams of the car park.

546451.jpg

Deskside with a hot chocolate, listening to some lo-fi tracks and writing.

Basically, I'm a living stereotype right now...

• Advertisement

Basically, I'm a living stereotype right now...

Yeah, that's a familiar feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

bedside

Awake way too early today:(

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Am on a tapering plan for my codeine, instead of going cold turkey :)

Hey night owl gal, glad to hear everything is going well for you. You obviously went to your doctor, well done, you're on the right track ;)

Rain this morning, fecking hate rain!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, toiling away...l

So pleased I managed to get a big long walk in the park yesterday in before sundown - it’s utterly rotten out there today.

Getting a new dishwasher today. Oh, the excitement! Oh the despair at what counts as excitement in my life now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement