Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's the Megain and Hostage thread she's talking about.

:D

Hostage?
    Are they actually saying Meghan has Harry held hostage now? :eek: :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Going in circles. I identify Grandeeod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hostage?
    Are they actually saying Meghan has Harry held hostage now? :eek: :D

Did you not see the interview, Mon?
    I noticed a lot of blinking on Harry's part. I've decoded it as "help me, help me please".

To thine own self be true

Did you not see the interview, Mon?
    I noticed a lot of blinking on Harry's part. I've decoded it as "help me, help me please".

Lol , very good :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , very good :pac:

I thought I detected something about "I can't take anymore Buddha Bowls" but that could have just been squinting in the Californian sun either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm at it again. For the love of God SOMEBODY STOP ME.

I'm robbing the Hostage joke though.

I'm at it again. For the love of God SOMEBODY STOP ME.

I'm robbing the Hostage joke though.

Leggings, step away from CA for a few days for your own sanity.
    You're getting very frazzled over there.
    Tell us about your day here instead.

Leggings, step away from CA for a few days for your own sanity.
    You're getting very frazzled over there.
    Tell us about your day here instead.
    I'm not frazzled, I enjoy a good debate. Little else to keep the brain sharp these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I'm being very good this reincarnation....not getting involved in any online arguments.... Yet :)

Eventful enough day, had my godson for the day ..
    The hostel up from me had a drug overdose...gardai, response units, Ambulance...lots of people running away saying he didn't use their stuff....the lad survived, so all is quiet here again

My cat has the most amazingly silky coat. I'm so jealous because it's so shiny and soft.
    I wonder if I got her to lick all my hair, like she washes herself, would I get the same effects?

• Advertisement

My cat has the most amazingly silky coat. I'm so jealous because it's so shiny and soft.
    I wonder if I got her to lick all my hair, like she washes herself, would I get the same effects?
    You should ask Hostage what his mrs uses. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Its all the same crap. Round and round we go as Spandau Ballet sang it way back then.:D I gave up on it months ago. They're crazy fcukers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My smallest cat has a shine like that; part oriental and short sleek fur. Selkie is her name

Twitter can be a toxic nasty place...have seen somebody I know been cancelled over the last few days due to historic tweets and it's quite nasty and vitriolic the "pile-on" I've witnessed
    As much as boards can be a bit eyerolling at times....at least we don't have to put up with abuse that could quite frankly, push someone over the weekend edge.
    Sorry... just me venting here, happy weekend everyone :)

Twitter can be a toxic nasty place...have seen somebody I know been cancelled over the last few days due to historic tweets and it's quite nasty and vitriolic the "pile-on" I've witnessed
    As much as boards can be a bit eyerolling at times....at least we don't have to out up with abuse that could quite frankly, push someone over the weekend edge.
    Sorry... just me venting here, happy weekend everyone :)

Never used and never will. any twitter etc. I see no need.. life is too short and precious.. Love the quiet life...

Woken to loud heavy rain and howling wind again... "helped" by hungry cats. There is no filling them for long in this long cold weather!

Only then .. coffee!!!! Snug abed and intend to stay here.. Forever if need be

Happy Friday 12th! We just missed the …..lol..

Good morning everyone!
    No news........ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

You are early birds:) sitting here watching my weekly car show from a distance.

Breakfast was kefir yoghurt with avocado. Before that gave myself a HAJJ haircut. Just as well that I’m not allowed interact with other humans for the next week.

Temp hit 32 degrees C.

smurfjed wrote: »
    You are early birds:) sitting here watching my weekly car show from a distance.

Breakfast was kefir yoghurt with avocado. Before that gave myself a HAJJ haircut. Just as well that I’m not allowed interact with other humans for the next week.

Temp hit 32 degrees C.

Hmmmm What a variety pack we are! I enjoy several breakfasts during the day.... My first, hours ago, was bacon and sausage and bread.
    May graduate to eggs? Or toast ? Or BOTH!
    I have become a non-conformist Eat when hungry and get up when I wish..

Not going any further than the big gate today and only there as the coal bag is there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bedside

Happy Friday guys! :)

I have some time off in the next 2 weeks from Monday, one of my essential workers is going on holidays. Be an well deserved break for the two of us :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night Owl I'm so glad you are getting on ok..

I'm about to get out of bed. Painkillers and two pints of water making it bearable :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh it has gone to a whole other level....there's a few subsets of bickering and I don't think they even remember what they are bickering about

Think how I feel! I am English and we literally grew up alongside Anne and Charles. ( I am headed for 80) Always deep respect for our royals and later for Diana etc. Respect and affection in every way. They were our … Hard to explain.
    But yes sacrosanct

And this was " in family" and should never have been aired in such a gross public way

The total lack of any discretion in all this is.... unspeakable, I did not watch the interview and have no radio or TV but seeing bits here was inescapable.

Night Owl I'm so glad you are getting on ok..

I'm about to get out of bed. Painkillers and two pints of water making it bearable :pac:

Painkillers and coffee here to get me to the kitchen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Hope the pain team's cocktail is doing its job

Drinking two pints of water must make getting out of bed an essential journey :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Starting to feel sleepy here. Time to get off my ample botty, get some caffeine down the gullet and get the aforementioned posterior in gear before I lose another few hours of my life to nothingness.

Was in dubai last week when the vaccinators came to our hotel so missed the opportunity to get a shot. So I applied online and got approval within 3 days, now just have to work out how to get it considering that I’m in company quarantine.

Wife now just told me that she got approved :):)

They have ramped up to over 100,000 doses a day here, with further increases expected as long as the supplies last.

Just got an email about vaccinations out here. But I am not taking it on medical advice elsewhere. The CFS/ME has autoimmune problems for me and any vaccine would have an appallingly dangerous effect.

So I cancelled the arrangement happily. I am in isolation anyways, as a simple cold would be devastating. One vaccine going spare!

Realised I have been infection- free since I came to the island! Five years! Wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Graces7 wrote: »
    Think how I feel! I am English and we literally grew up alongside Anne and Charles. ( I am headed for 80) Always deep respect for our royals and later for Diana etc. Respect and affection in every way. They were our … Hard to explain.
    But yes sacrosanct

And this was " in family" and should never have been aired in such a gross public way

The total lack of any discretion in all this is.... unspeakable, I did not watch the interview and have no radio or TV but seeing bits here was inescapable.

I respect that Graces and being English growing up with the monarchy it must be so ingrained in you to honour and admire them. However, i feel it's like the Catholic church here who many grew up respecting until certain well documented truths were exposed. Every family has secrets and i agree this was done in extremely poor taste but im glad in a way the spotlight is back on them, i just wish it was pointing at Andrew!

On topic..in bed yet again. My days are a blur of eating and sleeping at random times. I get sudden bursts of energy and think oh ill go for a big long walk then fall asleep putting my shoes on. Being pregnant is like an unrelenting hangover from the body aches and nausea to the appetite for fried cheese and moodswings!
    All worth it though i guess!

Pork, it's no small thing, growing a human. I hope you're being well cared for by your Dr.

Well, I've taken out the recycling, rinsed off the lunch wear and put it in my new dishwasher (have I mentioned I have a new dishwasher?), took the dried laundry out of the drier and took the wet laundry out of the washer and into the drier. All of that is very productive, isn't it? Coffee just poured, I'm about to take it and the fresh laundry upstairs to be sipped while i fold and put away. I also have a tangled mess around my head that i have to tackle with a hairbrush (think Curehead after a hurricane) . I may be watching Netflix while I see to these tasks.

Sitting waiting in the car , watching the clouds moving ominously across the sky , little patches of blue here and there .
    My exciting news for the day :)
    Oh Rita Ora - Anywhere on the radio !

Porklife wrote: »
    I respect that Graces and being English rather than admire growing up with the monarchy it must be so ingrained in you to honour and respect rather than admire.
    But we were raised not to seek scandal anywhere! As you say we all have secrets.

However, i feel it's like the Catholic church here who many grew up respecting until certain well documented truths were exposed.

That is a terrible comparison! Shocking to say that! The church abused thousands of children .. this is totally different. One person claiming abuse? Implausibly and deliberately scandalmongering. About private family matters?

We always all knew what was happening; they were in a way our family too. But there was always discretion. But we would never have done what was done here. Utterly inexcusable and appallingly vicious and self pitying and with what motive? Just spite? it was nothing to do with anyone else

It will rebound of course. She has victimised her inlaws. Just plain nasty and vindictive and self pitying,

Closing on this please.

• Advertisement

Maybe I was wrong earlier....

Watching Moana.... again

Maybe I was wrong earlier....

Watching Moana.... again

Who?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Who?

Disney movie... Polynesian princess...quite good actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Starting to feel sleepy here. Time to get off my ample botty, get some caffeine down the gullet and get the aforementioned posterior in gear before I lose another few hours of my life to nothingness.

This is me today, ample booty and all. Well said Sardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Graces7 wrote: »
    Porklife wrote: »
    I respect that Graces and being English rather than admire growing up with the monarchy it must be so ingrained in you to honour and respect rather than admire.
    But we were raised not to seek scandal anywhere! As you say we all have secrets.

However, i feel it's like the Catholic church here who many grew up respecting until certain well documented truths were exposed.

That is a terrible comparison! Shocking to say that! The church abused thousands of children .. this is totally different. One person claiming abuse? Implausibly and deliberately scandalmongering. About private family matters?

We always all knew what was happening; they were in a way our family too. But there was always discretion. But we would never have done what was done here. Utterly inexcusable and appallingly vicious and self pitying and with what motive? Just spite? it was nothing to do with anyone else

It will rebound of course. She has victimised her inlaws. Just plain nasty and vindictive and self pitying,

Closing on this please.

It wasn't a direct comparison. I just meant they're both powerful institutions that weren't challenged for a long time and got away with murder (not literally!). I don't think there should be discretion around claims of abuse but Andrew was certainly protected and I think that's wrong. This is the wrong thread for this anyway.
    Didn't mean to offend you at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Went on a few walks in between showers and of course got caught in a few too. Hope everyone is having a great day :)

Here’s a pic of the boss chilling :D

• Advertisement

Home office side, just wrapped up for the week. Something a friend said to me a few days ago (about covid hardship) really made me feel extra grateful to still have the gig. It can be tough online for hours at a time, but like he said, that's not really where tough even starts for hundreds of thousands of people in Ireland these days...

Realised I may now be officially a couple lost cause auld wan - I've caught myself perusing the gardening forum. It's hopeless :pac::pac::pac:
    Anyway, have a nice weekend everyone.

ETA: Auto, the little cheeky (butter wouldn't melt) face on him :pac: :D

As Vizzini famously said in The Princess Bride.....
    "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"
    Perhaps could be changed to
    Never go against a Saxe-Coburg-Gotha when family is on the line....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looking out the window at a sandstorm, 50 meter visibility. So glad I’m looking at this from a hotel room and not my work seat :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Took a much-needed half day in work today.

Was out for a walk in the Phoenix Park earlier and now painting a few art pieces of cherry blossoms which I will dedicate to the memory of my OH’s late mother. :)

A hawk landed in the garden earlier, with a pigeon in his claws. I ran out, So I think I saved the pigeons life :)
    And he is a nice wood pigeon, there's a few of them around here, always in the garden.
    I saw a hawk few weeks ago in the park, I wonder if there's just one......

• Advertisement

Feck all to report lads. Drinking a few beers. House is sparkling.:D Have a curry on the way later. Gonna watch Finding Jack Charlton for the second time. Oh to be either listening to a "team" leader talking **** about our day or be in the Hotel bar having some grub and then a few pints. Alternatively a few early pints with Mrs G in our local and the oul Chinese takeaway after.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Looking out the window at a sandstorm, 50 meter visibility. So glad I’m looking at this from a hotel room and not my work seat :)

Would you even fly in a sandstorm, outside of an emergency? Can't imagine that it would be too good for the engines.

Tableside, just finished with dinner. Work done for the week, so here's to the weekend :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Alfie looks like he should be saying 'What you talkin' about Willis?!' :D

I’m just home from my holidays, going out to have some pints and a meal to say hi to all my friends tomorrow.

Oh wait, that was the dream I had last night! Carry on :pac:

In other news, I am on the couch about to watch Masterchef

thomil wrote: »
    Would you even fly in a sandstorm, outside of an emergency? Can't imagine that it would be too good for the engines.

I dare say your bowels might worse for the wear after, 'n' all!

I dare say your bowels might worse for the wear after, 'n' all!

Can't be worse than the bit of turbulence I hit while flying home from what turned out to be my dad's last birthday. I've never been able to look out an airplane window and see straight ahead in our direction of travel in a passenger airplane before, much less in mid-flight, and I hope I never have to do so again. Our little 70-seater got pummeled that night, the cabin crew was white as a sheet even after landing :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Still going in circles. Like earlier dog on turntable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s a wild night out there now well it’s raining.

Are we having a party night or a let’s watch tv night :D

thomil wrote: »
    Can't be worse than the bit of turbulence I hit while flying home from what turned out to be my dad's last birthday. I've never been able to look out an airplane window and see straight ahead in our direction of travel in a passenger airplane before, much less in mid-flight, and I hope I never have to do so again. Our little 70-seater got pummeled that night, the cabin crew was white as a sheet even after landing :eek:

Try a Soviet Yak 40 in Ukraine. That's an experience.:D Not sure if they fly anymore.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Try a Soviet Yak 40 in Ukraine. That's an experience.:D Not sure if they fly anymore.

No contest, you win :pac:

Heading to the leaba. Laughing at the fact that Iceland shops in the Canary Islands are now stocking Supervalu products. The reaction from Brits abroad is so funny. WTF is wrong with them!:D Food is food. Brexit is really funny.:) Some friends from the Canaries have already deleted me for commenting on it. Maybe my time in London was up anyway.:D Seriously folks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement