Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bedside

Taking last doze of codeine for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s a wild night out there now well it’s raining.

Are we having a party night or a let’s watch tv night :D

Neither out here. I am in a sandwich. Boycat on one side, Jacob on the other. Selkie is at my feet watching closely.

. About to reinsert wonderful wax ear plugs and go back to sleep... Yawn...

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heading to the leaba. Laughing at the fact that Iceland shops in the Canary Islands are now stocking Supervalu products. The reaction from Brits abroad is so funny. WTF is wrong with them!:D Food is food. Brexit is really funny.:) Some friends from the Canaries have already deleted me for commenting on it. Maybe my time in London was up anyway.:D Seriously folks!

Supervalu were always seen as, well " superbadvalu" was one name. Not quite the thing either ….. Then they got their act together! I was very pleasantly surprised; they are the only supermarket I can access and they are sheerly excellent now for value and quality. NB try " food is food" on the food forum here!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the couch watching the brilliant film The English Patient on TV.

Tuning into my regular Friday night escape of DJ Funkybeak and his brilliant set of 70s disco and 80s dance on mixcloud at 2am.... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was sitting watching TV ( BBC1) , about to go to bed at 12-ish when a film called Mum's List came on. Nice film and I have to admit I shed a tear or three :)

Kitchenbedroombathroombedroom… … Barely 5 metres …...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

thomil wrote: »
    Would you even fly in a sandstorm, outside of an emergency? Can't imagine that it would be too good for the engines.)

Yep, normal around here. Super clean sand blasted engines :) the thing about these storms is that they are so unpredictable, last night was forecast 500 meters, it went down to 50m. This morning was forecast clear, but we have 500 meters with very little wind.

Morning time for me, Nespresso time :)

So another day off, I shall not post on boards all day, I will do something productive.
    Coffee now, then walk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

someone said the 5km thing going for a stroll was like being in a hamster wheel loved that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Showery day here but the boss got his morning walk in :D

Kitchen side making lunch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

About to start Deutschland 83 I'm groggy and sore so this may not go well :rolleyes:

Rugby time, wish I had a beer or two. :)

Bedtime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Looking for excuse to not cut the grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

0lddog wrote: »

It'll die in October, be grand!

• Advertisement

What's the craic crackers? :)

In the leaba. I got up and did a bit, then made the tae and had a Fox's bar. It's fierce windy out.
    I had better get up and get ready to head in to town. Drinks later in my favourite pub with my good friend who is home from the UK. I think I'll go back with her for a short break.

Or maybe I'll just go do the food shop and have my walk. Yes that’s so much better.

Waaaaaaah Waaaaaaaaaaah Waaaaahaa :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

0lddog wrote: »

Pollinators.... you're turning over your garden to nature....there's a movement "ark" I think that encourages this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Pollinators.... you're turning over your garden to nature....there's a movement "ark" I think that encourages this

Wilding I think is the term!

I’m relaxing after a long day. Got my first vaccine shot this morning. No side effects so far, apart from a slight dose of optimism 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Or cut half it and claim the rest is managed for nature.:pac:

This evening we are having an early Mothers Day celebration so Mrs G can enjoying a drink. Her tipple this evening will be Vina Sol. She will also be served a supper of black grapes and cheddar cheese. Me and Ms G bought her a Sony walkman. She hasn't a clue about any of it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

On my road today, I had to stop my car abruptly to give way to a phesant family crossing in front of me.
    The daddy and around 5 chicks. They obviously have a nest in a local field here.
    Little beauties they are :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

bubblypop wrote: »
    So another day off, I shall not post on boards all day, I will do something productive.
    Coffee now, then walk

How did that work out? :D

It's a day for ducks, the fire and alcohol. As I don't have any ducks I'll have to settle for the last 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poochie, that's great news, delighted for you :)

In , house warm but I'm cold , prep done for tomorrow's dinner , funny how Saturday evenings in my mind anyway, were always for getting Sundays dinner organised , less hassle then !

How did that work out? :D

It's a day for ducks, the fire and alcohol. As I don't have any ducks I'll have to settle for the last 2.

Ooh I think we both know how that worked out! :)
    Ah, tomorrow is another day!

Sony walkman
    What’s that ?? :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Wilding I think is the term!

I’m relaxing after a long day. Got my first vaccine shot this morning. No side effects so far, apart from a slight dose of optimism 😀

I'd say there's a few different movements that are all essentially the same.

We are the ark (acts of restorative kindness) is the one I heard of recently...I think a guest on Tommy Tiernan was talking about it.

Congratulations on the vaccine :)

Painting a couple of new artworks on my living room floor. A bit messy, but very rewarding. :)

I might post up a pic or two of my recent creations here later. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

couchside, back at my folk's house for the weekend, yay :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    What’s that ?? :):)

You know what it is. Great to see the branding alive and well. Not everyone uses a phone to listen to music.

u_10204723.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Is it really the same without the satisfying "clunk" of the buttons?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is it really the same without the satisfying "clunk" of the buttons?

It's a lot smaller anyway.:D But she loved it. Sipping beer and wine her.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Poochie, that's great news, delighted for you :)

In , house warm but I'm cold , prep done for tomorrow's dinner , funny how Saturday evenings in my mind anyway, were always for getting Sundays dinner organised , less hassle then !

MO4, are you not taking a day off cooking for Mammies Day?!

Evening all :) How’s everyone’s weekend going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Evening all :) How’s everyone’s weekend going?

Well, I went wild on Friday night...

... and cleaned up my gadget cupboard :pac: I guess that's my life now.

How's yours going?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is it not Saturday?.

G, I'm still happy out with my walkman and will always have one it looks like.. Separate devices devotee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

MO4, are you not taking a day off cooking for Mammies Day?!

Ha ha no ? !
    Tomorrow is Sunday lol :pac:
    I'll get to see the family for a few minutes at different times , which will be brilliant but, like many others I'm sure , we try to appreciate and do things for each other throughout the year not just on "special" days :)

Hope that comes across the way I meant it to !

Mrs G has demolished her grapes and cheese and wine and I'm on a lovely Peroni. That Easter Egg, nah can't do it. But a steak and garlic spuds I may do first,:D

IMG-20210313-195929.jpg

IMG-20210313-202059.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Is it not Saturday?.

G, I'm still happy out with my walkman and will always have one it looks like.. Separate devices devotee.

Funny you say that... just spotted someone on a local Facebook pages selling 2 working Walkman's

Funny you say that... just spotted someone on a local Facebook pages selling 2 working Walkman's

Reliable feckin things fair play to them..

Bedside with a book :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ha ha no ? !
    Tomorrow is Sunday lol :pac:
    I'll get to see the family for a few minutes at different times , which will be brilliant but, like many others I'm sure , we try to appreciate and do things for each other throughout the year not just on "special" days :)

Hope that comes across the way I meant it to !
    That makes sense :)

• Advertisement

Reliable feckin things fair play to them..

Bedside with a book :)

Does it play cassette tapes or is it digital?

Chilling on the sofa now, was watching the excellent and rather disturbing Gone Girl a little while earlier.

As promised, here is one of the paintings (acrylic on white paper) I did today of part of a cherry blossom tree that is in full flower outside my living room patio door.

It is dedicated to the memory my OH’s late mother. :)��

11417_qyg068v4vie7e1qa.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Chilling on the sofa now, was watching the excellent and rather disturbing Gone Girl a little while earlier.

As promised, here is one of the paintings (acrylic on white paper) I did today of part of a cherry blossom tree that is in full flower outside my living room patio door.

It is dedicated to the memory my OH’s late mother. :)��

11417_qyg068v4vie7e1qa.jpeg

That is a beautiful piece.Wish I had that talent.

Does it play cassette tapes or is it digital?

Digital. Rarely leave the house without it..

Back pain still here, it's less tender to touch though so I can try exercise a bit now thankfully

The Walkman was the ultimate device, the freedom that it gave us was amazing. These days things are taken too much for granted.

Nespresso time, officially finished government mandated post-travel quarantine, now just got to finish the companies required 14 days :):)

The wind has eased. I woke as always in the night, gingerly extracted my ultra- efficient ear plugs, and BLISS .

Cats are fed; now all I need is hot food and socks.

Happy Mother's Day out there

We call it Laetare Sunday , ie mid-Lent. aka Rose Sunday. Also Mothers Day.

Wish I had thought ahead and bought cake! I know; I have a box of Milk Tray hidden away for Easter! YAY!

• Advertisement

Groundhog day 6734, coffee.

Afternoon all :) Happy Mothers day and also to the fathers :) The boss is back from his morning walk and is now resting his weary little head :D

Kitchenside deciding on what to have for lunch :)

He's adorable, hoping our part time dog calls over today. On couch with hot water bottle stuck to me back as usual. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Folks ye know I don't like having my mod hat on in here, I deleted some offtopic bickering posts , can we get back on topic please

Thanks

Anyway. I'm in the leaba thinking how I need some serious motivation to go for my walk. It would be great to be someone who looks forward to exercise :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement