Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with an auld cupan tae
    Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :) It’s a cool one today :) Saw this picture and it reminded me of someone ;):D

Happy Sunday!!!

Ya come to think of it,it reminds me of someone as well auto........

Tedo :D:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Anyway. I'm in the leaba thinking how I need some serious motivation to go for my walk. It would be great to be someone who looks forward to exercise :D

I'm in the same boat.. or leaba:) I've upbeat music on and on my second coffee thinking in 5 more minutes ill get up and exercise. The excuses flooding in though...or maybe I should rearrange my sock drawer first..or..or...alphabetize my dvd collection...then ill exercise 😀

Porklife wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat.. or leaba:) I've upbeat music on and on my second coffee thinking in 5 more minutes ill get up and exercise. The excuses flooding in though...or maybe I should rearrange my sock drawer first..or..or...alphabetize my dvd collection...then ill exercise 😀

It's not even 'real' exercise, its a long walk in a park. It's the kind of thing people like to do. I like to sit :D

I think you should have a bed day Pork. You need to rest yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

It's not even 'real' exercise, its a long walk in a park. It's the kind of thing people like to do. I like to sit :D

I think you should have a bed day Pork. You need to rest yourself! :D

That settles it 😀..*rolls over snugly*

Porklife wrote: »
    That settles it 😀..*rolls over snugly*

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Porklife I second Diamonds here in case you need further justification :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Redbreast 12yo, Founders Torpedo ale, and a bottle of sauvingon blanc to be opened in a few minutes...
    Rugby on a Sunday afternoon is wonderful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Afternoon all :) Happy Mothers day and also to the fathers :) The boss is back from his morning walk and is now resting his weary little head :D

Kitchenside deciding on what to have for lunch :)

I hope the boss remembers his human mammy today on Mammy's Day :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the kitchen cooking. TV on. I'm going to change my approach today. Instead of the Irish team driving me to drink, I'm starting before they even take to the pitch.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I hope the boss remembers his human mammy today on Mammy's Day :)

I got a lie in :D

Feed the birds time now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Anyway. I'm in the leaba thinking how I need some serious motivation to go for my walk. It would be great to be someone who looks forward to exercise :D

I always just feel wrecked afterwards, I don't get that "Exercise high" that people often talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Mission impossible 6, a roast chicken dinner and 5 lamps beer.
    As you were.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hah aldi beer and an omelette

Mission impossible 6, a roast chicken dinner and 5 lamps beer.
    As you were.

There's SIX of them? I thought they were a trilogy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Can't even make it to the gate today. Bedtime. SOON!actually it has been bedtime all day.. ah well! ruff but soon be HOME. Soon. Bliss.

It's happening

It's happening

That's the hardest part over with, the rest is just ordinary garden variety suffering. ;)

kowloon wrote: »
    That's the hardest part over with, the rest is just ordinary garden variety suffering. ;)

:D See this man gets it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My new approach to the Irish Rugby team obviously worked. They didn't drive me to drink. I drank to drive them.:D

• Advertisement

How did the walk go ;) Back from walk number 4 now and by god it’s cold out there :)

Settling down on the couch for the evening now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In from playing outside with two of the munchkins, water gun fights lol , and then somehow the trailer became the highlight of their day :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Finishing off another painting before I get ready to head out with my OH to do our weekly grocery shopping. He’s in much better form today after spending a week in bed with depression.

This is also the first Mother’s Day without his own dear mother, Kay. :o

Thinking of all the mothers on here (yep, that includes you Mam Of 4 :)) and those mothers of ours who are still present and those mothers who have passed on but still live our in our hearts.

I'd like to wish my mother a happy mother's day
    I mean..I'd like to..... but she's dead...& she was a cnut..
    So...Nooooooo :)

How did the walk go ;) Back from walk number 4 now and by god it’s cold out there :)

Settling down on the couch for the evening now :)

I survived! We go every Sunday and it's the same hmming and hawwing from me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Couchside looking at golf, I made a cheap pizza nice by adding some veg on it followed by some over priced Happy Pear Pesto, made it very nice indeed.
    I have a nice bottle of wine in the car that I had bought for someone, think I might sneak out and get it, I can buy them another !!!
    Happy Sunday night Folks...

• Advertisement

I survived! We go every Sunday and it's the same hmming and hawwing from me :D

Nothing better than fresh air to wake you up :)

4Ad wrote: »
    Couchside looking at golf, I made a cheap pizza nice by adding some veg on it followed by some over priced Happy Pear Pesto, made it very nice indeed.
    I have a nice bottle of wine in the car that I had bought for someone, think I might sneak out and get it, I can buy them another !!!
    Happy Sunday night Folks...
    I find the Happy Pear hummus very expensive too and to be it tastes very salty. I usually get a supermarket brand hummus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

I find the Happy Pear hummus very expensive too and to be it tastes very salty. I usually get a supermarket brand hummus.

Damn expensive, supervalu 99cent humus wud do alright.
    Thanks must try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

I'd like to wish my mother a happy mother's day
    I mean..I'd like to..... but she's dead...& she was a cnut..
    So...Nooooooo :)

I think that is a horrible post. Regardless of your issues with your mother. Why publicly slander her on a internet forum? What justification or gratification are you getting from that?

I think that is a horrible post. Regardless of your issues with your mother. Why publicly slander her on a internet forum? What justification or gratification are you getting from that?

You don't know anything about that poster or their mother or the dynamic that existed between them.

• Advertisement

I'm about to watch a most ridiculous film about this a lad who is stuck in a time loop. I expect mayhem and escapism.

Heh

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm about to watch a most ridiculous film about this a lad who is stuck in a time loop. I expect mayhem and escapism.

Heh

;-)
    Deja vu for me too heh.

Deja vu for me too heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Deja vu for me too heh.

I swear I've heard that before :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I’m lost :D

thomil wrote: »
    I swear I've heard that before :pac:

Are you on the tequila?

I haven't publicly slandered anyone ... funny that's what you think this is :)

Are you on the tequila?

No need to, I'm wasted by nature :D

The only thing I'm on at the moment is coffee. Bad choice at night, I know, but it really helps with my writing...

No need to, I'm wasted by nature :D

The only thing I'm on at the moment is coffee. Bad choice at night, I know, but it really helps with my writing...
    Whatya writing?

Whatya writing?

A SciFi/Technothriller mashup, basically giving XCOM and the old TV Series UFO the early 21st century treatment. Currently still outlining and defining the major players.

• Advertisement

A SciFi/Technothriller mashup, basically giving XCOM and the old TV Series UFO the early 21st century treatment. Currently still outlining and defining the major players.

In English, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

tenor.gif

0lddog wrote: »
    tenor.gif

My thoughts exactly!

In English, please?

Okay, okay :D

Basically, it's about a secret organisation set up to defend Earth against an alien invasion. Our hero is a Dutch pilot who was booted out of the Air Force following an incident with a UFO that caused the loss of his wingman. As incidents around the world mount, the pilot is recruited into this secret organisation and scrambles not only to figure out what the aliens want but also how to handle the advanced technology developed to defeat them. In the process, it turns out that "they" may have been here a lot longer than anyone could have thought.

It's got everything. Conspiracy, intrigue, air combat, underground air bases in mountains, secret bunkers under London and sketchy multinational corporations. And nothing is what it seems.

Okay, okay :D

Basically, it's about a secret organisation set up to defend Earth against an alien invasion. Our hero is a Dutch pilot who was booted out of the Air Force following an incident with a UFO that caused the loss of his wingman. As incidents around the world mount, the pilot is recruited into this secret organisation and scrambles not only to figure out what the aliens want but also how to handle the advanced technology developed to defeat them. In the process, it turns out that "they" may have been here a lot longer than anyone could have thought.

It's got everything. Conspiracy, intrigue, air combat, underground air bases in mountains, secret bunkers under London and sketchy multinational corporations. And nothing is what it seems.
    Well, that explains it perfectly.

Definitely does ...

I want a signed copy of this book :)

Well, that explains it perfectly.

Definitely does ...

What do you expect? The story is still being written ;) I'll give you this much, the story is a lot more Europe centred than most science fiction books these days. While Area 51 in Nevada does make an appearance (Hell, you can't have an alien invasion story without that!), much of the action is centred around Europe, the organisation's main base of operations is at Zeljava Air Base in Croatia (I highly recommend reading up on that place, it's fascinating), while the headquarters is in a Bunker underneath London built as part of Crossrail, which incidentally is the reason why that project is millions over budget and years behind schedule :pac:

Is it a book or screenplay?

Is it a book or screenplay?

We can be actors in this production. I want to be an alien :D A baddie Alien :D

• Advertisement

We can be actors in this production. I want to be an alien :D A baddie Alien :D

Doggo can get a cameo too. I wonder if aliens have domestic pets?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement