Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ahh G, brew = coffee, brewSKI = beer :P Dammit i'd love a pint :(

Bewski is just so USA.:D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol :D
    At least you tried anywau!
    I do a lot of it here myself, trial and error over the years , even unblocking pipes , and outside drains :pac:
    I only ask (begrudgenly) for help when it's something I can't physically do myself tbh .

The legend that is you.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have seen soup running down a door, can confirm, not pretty..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Bewski is just so USA.:D
    For Irish pubs in USA. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Power cut here. Apparently, power eont be restored till 1.45 and Grumpy can't go to bed without a light in his room. The house is full of candles and a match or a lighter to light them with.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Power cut here. Apparently, power eont be restored till 1.45 and Grumpy can't go to bed without a light in his room. The house is full of candles and a match or a lighter to light them with.

Give him a torch, he can read under the covers :D

Give him a torch, he can read under the covers :D

Ha, its just come back on!

He needs a light in his room cos he has to get up a few times a night to answer nature's call.

Every friggin alarm in the neighborhood is blaring away.

Hope the house alarms are all quiet soon.. Irritating noise when you know it's because of the powercut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Thomil - deutschland 83 and 89, going to start a cold war Finnish thing soon

Ah okay. Considering that I lived in Deutschland in '89, I'll give that a pass ;)

I remember having to do the odd air raid drill when I was in primary school, when everyone was led down into the basement of the school. Looking back, that would have been pretty useless, but it was just part of life back then. As were the jets that regularly flew over our village at treetop height during the regular exercises, or the army convoys that clogged up the streets, or indeed the stash of canned food, water, fuel, camping stove, pots and cutlery that my dad kept in the basement. Seems pretty wild when you look back at the whole situation.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

It is amazing to think how close some of our history is, if that doesn't sound too stupid :o

It doesn't sound stupid at all. All too often, you don't realise something is special or scary until much later. As I said, having a Luftwaffe Tornado rip over your childhood home at little more than treetop level at full speed may seem reckless and dangerous now, but back then, it was just another Tuesday in spring.

I just stumbled across a little anecdote I wrote down on my blog a few years ago while trying to keep some of my father's experiences from disappearing. Maybe you'll get a little chuckle out of it:

https://thomil-english.blogspot.com/2018/06/play-it-again-sam.html

thomil wrote: »
    It doesn't sound stupid at all. All too often, you don't realise something is special or scary until much later. As I said, having a Luftwaffe Tornado rip over your childhood home at little more than treetop level at full speed may seem reckless and dangerous now, but back then, it was just another Tuesday in spring.

I just stumbled across a little anecdote I wrote down on my blog a few years ago while trying to keep some of my father's experiences from disappearing. Maybe you'll get a little chuckle out of it:

https://thomil-english.blogspot.com/2018/06/play-it-again-sam.html

That was great! I think i'd have definitely wanted to wear the brown pants that day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Tired as fuc5. Africa covered in dust storms today so really got to see nothing, but the missus did sit with the mutt on the balcony to wave to me :)

Mutt looking for me and me for him.

548646.jpeg

548647.jpeg

That was a long day Smurf hope it's a late start tomorrow..

Grumpy's doing a lot of nocturnal rambling tonight. Every time I try to turn in for some kip he's out of bed and off! He's currently in the bathroom, foostering around.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Grumpy's doing a lot of nocturnal rambling tonight. Every time I try to turn in for some kip he's out of bed and off! He's currently in the bathroom, foostering around.

Ooh frustrating but understandable, so you can't even be mad.

Sigh. Hes still in there. Just heard the toilet flush for the third time.

Uodate: Despite repeated toilet flush4s he actually peed on the floor and was trying to clean it up with a teeny tiny piece of toilet tissue. Then thought the living room was his bedroom and I'd a job to get him to go back to bed.
    Time to stick the kettle on and get some boiling water and bleach onto the bathroom floor.

And i'll make tea.

And i'll make tea.

That is an excellent plan. He's now snoring away!
    I'm about to attempt to put my pyjamas on. Wish me luck.

You got this ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sitting in work, about to head off for the day. Looks like a beautiful day out there. It's God's way of tempting the crap out of me to go back on the beer! A big BBQ and 5 or 6 beers sitting out in the sun now with someone nice to chat rubbish with would be just pure magic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You can chat rubbish here ;)

Grass cut, strimming done and a little walk done earlier and now heading off to a bigger woods and going to enjoy the rest of the sunshine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Sitting in work, about to head off for the day. Looks like a beautiful day out there. It's God's way of tempting the crap out of me to go back on the beer! A big BBQ and 5 or 6 beers sitting out in the sun now with someone nice to chat rubbish with would be just pure magic!
    I'd happily join you from a suitably safe distance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work. In the office. With other humans. Got a valid reason to be here and all.

Its so nice to be with people who are not my family...even if they are colleagues.

edit: Its just for today and the first time since december - hence my excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Damn glitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »
    Damn glitch

Post count 9800 +

Hamsters doing overtime ?
    smurfjed wrote: »
    Tired as fuc5. Africa covered in dust storms today so really got to see nothing, but the missus did sit with the mutt on the balcony to wave to me :)

Mutt looking for me and me for him.

Long day over a warring part of The Dark Continent with sandstorms just for added fun ... :(

There are times I'm real glad I'm not Smurf

Almost sunny today - high cloud meant washing didnt really dry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Relaxing here at home after a really hectic day working away, then bringing my OH over to his GP to get his ears syringed (he was nearly stone deaf over the weekend). No time today off to get outside for a walk and enjoy that sunshine.

Maybe tomorrow...

Grocery shop day and grass cutting day! Loads of nice food for the week and a nice lawn back and front.:D Lovely outside today. Even the cat is enjoying being outdoors. Some great bargains in Aldi, Dunnes and Tesco to be had. I treated myself to a beer after cutting the grass. The first outdoor beer this year. Mrs G is enjoying her fave wine on special in Tesco. It's defo not a work night and not a school night either. In crappy times like this any night can be Saturday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

So I had an auction playing in the background today waiting for a lot I was interested in to come up and noticed this picture of a Scottish basket hilt broadsword pop up.

548716.jpg

It wasn't something I was looking for but I instantly thought "hell yeah I want a broadsword" and I leap at the computer to throw on a bid. I won.

What I expected.
    liamneeson-robroy.jpg

What has shown up when I opened the Lot description:

548717.jpg

I've Spinal Tapped myself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Grocery shop day and grass cutting day! Loads of nice food for the week and a nice lawn back and front.:D Lovely outside today. Even the cat is enjoying being outdoors. Some great bargains in Aldi, Dunnes and Tesco to be had. I treated myself to a beer after cutting the grass. The first outdoor beer this year. Mrs G is enjoying her fave wine on special in Tesco. It's defo not a work night and not a school night either. In crappy times like this any night can be Saturday!!

I wish....tell that to my head of department!! :p

I am working flat out this week - recording more lectures on Zoom, preparing Summer and Autumn exam papers, supervising dissertation students, writing another paper, etc etc...

Really looking forward to the Easter break. :) 🐣🐣🐣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Going? Sleep. Work. Food. Gaming hibernation. Sleep. Work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ah Kowloon, you won't reenact Braveheart with a hat pin. :pac:

Jesus, what the fog just happened outside? Seriously, the weather just changed from simply being hazy to full-on Silent Hill in what seems like twenty minutes :eek:

Anyway, deskside, doing a bit of aimless writing with some chill tunes in the background.

Ah Kowloon, you won't reenact Braveheart with a hat pin. :pac:

Ah that depends. Remember, it's not about the size, it's how you use it :cool:

Are those dragon foot prints? Follows.

Lining up a movie and food here. The food is easy.:D But what to watch? I'm feeling retro.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Lining up a movie and food here. The food is easy.:D But what to watch? I'm feeling retro.:)

How retro?

kowloon wrote: »
    How retro?

Its looking like the 80s,maybe early 90s.

thomil wrote: »
    Jesus, what the fog just happened outside? Seriously, the weather just changed from simply being hazy to full-on Silent Hill in what seems like twenty minutes :eek:

Anyway, deskside, doing a bit of aimless writing with some chill tunes in the background.

It's eerie, I thought there was a house fire earlier ☺️, so foggy.

I'm off tomorrow so I'm hitting the wine, didn't eat much today so it's going straight to my head, badly needed tbh , watching Naked Attraction lol, mother of god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's eerie, I thought there was a house fire earlier ☺️, so foggy.

I'm off tomorrow so I'm hitting the wine, didn't eat much today so it's going straight to my head, badly needed tbh , watching Naked Attraction lol, mother of god.

What's Naked Attraction?

To thine own self be true

What's Naked Attraction?

Channel 4, educational lol.

Its looking like the 80s,maybe early 90s.

Ferris Buellers day off??

Ferris Buellers day off??

I might go mad and do a Norman Wisdom movie.:eek: But Ferris does sound good. I have it around somewhere.:)

I might go mad and do a Norman Wisdom movie.:eek: But Ferris does sound good. I have it around somewhere.:)

Its on Netflix. I watched it with my boy recently. He thought it was pants :)

Its on Netflix. I watched it with my boy recently. He thought it was pants :)

Your boy needs a lesson in movies.☺ Try harder!

We've settled on Three Fugitives with Martin Short and Nick Nolte. A sleep mode movie.

• Advertisement

Couchside. Chilled. :)
    I loved Nick Nolte - the Prince of Tides/Cape Fear/Player era. I think the wheels started to come off a bit after that.
    I feel like watching an old old 80s movie too now, am suddenly thinking Tom Berenger, Someone to Watch Over Me, or Platoon... Or something with Aidan Quinn. Or James Spader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I find that I throw on Grosse Point Blank a little too often....kinda perfect movie in its own way...John Cusack was at his coolest & hottest...and Minnie Driver does a line in Jamaican patois.. what's not to love!

I find that I throw on Grosse Point Blank a little too often....kinda perfect movie in its own way...John Cusack was at his coolest & hottest...and Minnie Driver does a line in Jamaican patois.. what's not to love!

Ooooh good call.... That soundtrack too!!!

Your boy needs a lesson in movies.☺ Try harder!

We've settled on Three Fugitives with Martin Short and Nick Nolte. A sleep mode movie.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that movie, it's good.
    Try Little Miss Sunshine next time.
    I still belly laugh even though I've seen it many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Ooooh good call.... That soundtrack too!!!

Mirror in the bathroom!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement