Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Autosport wrote: »
    Toyota celica :D Brings back some great memories :) Always had a fondness for cars :) still do :)

Oh and Morning all :)

Explains your name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

On the saviours day do do do do do do do..... go on Cliff ya cringey bastard! :D

I'm in work.

Deskside - ZERO concentration today :pac:

Today's snap -

533898.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Deskside - ZERO concentration today :pac:

Today's snap -

533898.jpg

So amazing. You could be the next John Hinde :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

On the saviours day do do do do do do do..... go on Cliff ya cringey bastard! :D

I've got a confession. I actually really love Cliff's late 70's early 80's offerings. I think I'll give Devil Woman a listen in a while.

Someone went to drink her morning coffee back in bed. When someone put her half drank mug of coffee on the bedside table she opened her eyes and it was almost three hours later.

Kitchen side, with a sleepy, zombie head on me waiting for the kettle to boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, snuggled up with a coffee. Busy, but not too many WTF moments so far. I‘ve had worse Mondays...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, busy, busy, busy...

Looking forward to de-stressing at my Zoom yoga class this evening. :)

Thanks PM! (Had to Google that name) very kind to say!

Couchside working, office room is Baltic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm tableside and bored.

I'm tableside and bored.

Few jobs here ya can do Leggie! :D

Few jobs here ya can do Leggie! :D

No shortage of them here BatDave, but effort.

Doesn't help that it's been dark since half 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I started the Christmas decorations today. Will finish with the tree on Friday.:D

No shortage of them here BatDave, but effort.

Doesn't help that it's been dark since half 3.

Jaysus! That’s early! I guess starring a computer screen one misses these things.

@G, well spent time! I’ve given in that Christmas is starting extra early this year.

Kitchen side cooking a steak.. well, not really, more like splashing it on the pan for a few seconds a side :D.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I started the Christmas decorations today. Will finish with the tree on Friday.:D

Want to do mine too? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside after a delicious dinner of steak and chips :) By god I’m a great chef :D

Couchside, dinner cooking away, another Monday done and I have to say it was grand, I'm starting to think that I'm not letting stuff stress me out in work for the last few weeks not that it's any less stressful. Fingers crossed I can stay in this mind frame, it's like I've realised that I can only do so much and if that's not enough tough.
    Looking forward to watching Downturn later and I think I'll have a glass of wine with dinner. Monday ,I've got ya figured out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Monday or any day can be as bad or good as you want it to be ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle time approaches, audit on, should be fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Feeling good. Didn’t expect to say that three hours ago. Enjoying tea by the fire. I don’t actually spend the entire day drinking tea by the fire, it’s just the only time I write here, when I have tea break:)

• Advertisement

Been snoozing all day. Migraine post drone, I'm certain. Not stupified anymore, thankfully, but even now I'm sleepy. If I was back in the 'real' world these migraines would make holding down a job next to impossible. With the right pain relief, you can usually soldier on through the headache, but the following exhaustion just wipes you out. Nothing for it but sleep, sleep, sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

I'm tableside and bored.

Same. Bored senseless. Still in the office during the days, and I’m a biatch for coming up with excuses to avoid most work evenings out, but now there are none to avoid, and the evenings drag!! (Until it magically becomes midnight, and I’m wide awake again!).

On the plus side, it was a productive day in work.

*Sarcastic slow clap for me... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside

Today was such a busy day, I had my meeting with my PA, then I had a doctors appointment where I got two injections, then I met my home support, then I went shopping in aldi and met my mom. Then I came home. Im fit for the bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Been snoozing all day. Migraine post drone, I'm certain. Not stupified anymore, thankfully, but even now I'm sleepy. If I was back in the 'real' world these migraines would make holding down a job next to impossible. With the right pain relief, you can usually soldier on through the headache, but the following exhaustion just wipes you out. Nothing for it but sleep, sleep, sleep.

I hope you are feeling better.

Threw up the tree and decorations here yesterday too. Feck it, might as well tear the arse out of it this year. Putting the lights on the tree nearly broke me as usual but managed to survive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Drinking wine because why not. Always thinking of ye :)

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Drinking wine because why not. Always thinking of ye :)

What is the wine of choice this evening.The shot of Jameson in a pint of Guinness I am now thinking was a very bad idea,lol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What is the wine of choice this evening.The shot of Jameson in a pint of Guinness I am now thinking was a very bad idea,lol.

I haven't seen someone do that in ages!!

I haven't seen someone do that in ages!!

I am regretting it now, housemate suggested it and I should have known better. I'm feeling it now.

There is a nice kind of shot you can do but a shot thrown into a pint can be hard work..

• Advertisement

There is a nice kind of shot you can do but a shot thrown into a pint can be hard work..

Now you tell me, my head is very fuzzy.

I think a shot of whiskey into a pint of stout is far easier than a shot of brandy into a Baileys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I'd love a shot of anything sunk in anything right now!

Couchside trying to find a good movie to watch but just endlessly scrolling through Netflix like no...no...no..mmayyb..no!

I think a shot of whiskey into a pint of stout is far easier than a shot of brandy into a Baileys.

I am finding it more sneaky than a brandy and bailey's. I only had one and I am flying lol.

Now you tell me, my head is very fuzzy.

You didn't ask!!! :P

You didn't ask!!! :P

I will in future! Just remind me.

Even typing a coherent response is an effort at this point.lol

Dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!

Yes I am done for my darlings. Goodnight to you all.

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    I'd love a shot of anything sunk in anything right now!

Couchside trying to find a good movie to watch but just endlessly scrolling through Netflix like no...no...no..mmayyb..no!

Stick a random word into the search field and see what it throws back. I've found some gems doing that.

Damn! I wish you were lover!

Dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!

A legend! While I still loved New Order, I often wonder what might have been.

A legend! While I still loved New Order, I often wonder what might have been.

He was so incredibly gifted. It's so fuking tragic. He was just a kid, it's hard to remember that when you look at those lyrics.

Having whiskey,watching hurling

I doubt heaven is better than this

He was so incredibly gifted. It's so fuking tragic. He was just a kid, it's hard to remember that when you look at those lyrics.

Only 23 and left a wife and daughter behind. I hope the younger generations listen and appreciate the great music he left behind.

Only 23 and left a wife and daughter behind. I hope the younger generations listen and appreciate the great music he left behind.

He had managed to make a huge mess of his personal life, poor sod, and it seems his depression prevented him from making any definitive choices one way or another. He left a lot of people devastated. But his musical and lyrical legacy are astonishing.

• Advertisement

He had managed to make a huge mess of his personal life, poor sod, and it seems his depression prevented him from making any definitive choices one way or another. He left a lot of people devastated. But his musical and lyrical legacy are astonishing.

Absolutely.

Tragedy does seem to follow genius more than average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happy travels, sounds like you are looking forward to it..

Was Definitely looking forward to it as it didn't involve 14 days isolation afterwards.

7 hours westbound and 6 eastbound, so now like a zombie.

Aha, didn't realise you wouldn't be stuck in isolation after, nice one. Feet up now i hope, a good rest ahead.

A belly full of fab curry and rice. Nearly all the Christmas decorations up with this Friday being the ultimate switch on experience. A tub of Celebrations on standby for the Toy Show as well. Gonna get some Popcorn in too. Roll on Friday!

Listening to Unknown Pleasures thanks to Sardi. Mondays can be great!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement