Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Live from Supervalu! Slabs of beer at 20 quid a go. If Aldi still have cheap Canadian, then G gets to have posh beer for Christmas. I hit the savings for the second time today since all this Covid thing put me out of work. The first time was in a panic buying mode. Today was pure don't five a fook anymore, lets treat ourselves mode. I get posh beer, Ms G gets a new double bed and Mrs G gets an unexpected Christmas surprise. Gotta go. Getting weird looks here.

What beer G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Talk of snow at the weekend. Sigh.

Woo hoooo!

Woo hoooo!

Bah humbug.

Although it's not like I'll be going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bah humbug.

Although it's not like I'll be going anywhere.

Ideally I will be belting down the local grassy hill in the very rarely used sled that I bought after the Great Snow of 2010.
    More likely is that the sled will be redundant for yet another year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home, nicely relaxed and stretched after my Zoom Yoga class.

Grabbing a quick dinner as my AA Group is meeting on Zoom at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What beer G?

Rockshore, Heineken, Carlsberg, Bud, Canadian and Guinness are flying out the door at 20 quid a slab. For me Rockshore is posh these days.:o

Rockshore, Heineken, Carlsberg, Bud, Canadian and Guinness are flying out the door at 20 quid a slab. For me Rockshore is posh these days.:o

Supervalu here I come! :D

Supervalu here I come! :D

Get in there! My local SV was out of Canadian, but Aldi are doing slabs for 20 quid too. Don't forget to buy some SV goodies. Great range and decent prices.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have to say the perlenbacher from lidl does us fine, but i'm just bitter because there's no supervalu near me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd love some Ginger Ale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardonicat wrote: »

Oh I’d love a glass of ginger ale too :)

Couchside watching Heartbeat :)

Have to say the perlenbacher from lidl does us fine, but i'm just bitter because there's no supervalu near me :pac:

I've been buying Aldi beers for months now. But the branded stuff on offer is now working out cheaper and tastes a little better. I may spoil myself with a few crafties too. They're a nice sup when you just want one or two or even three.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Auto, how are you feeling now?

With Brandy in a slim jim through a straw. Reminds of those days in Ibiza!:eek:

With Brandy in a slim jim through a straw. Reminds of those days in Ibiza!:eek:

Just Ginger Ale for me, thanks

• Advertisement

Just Ginger Ale for me, thanks

I do love ginger ale too. It's so hard to find a nice non-alco drink at times but i think i'll get some of that soon, thanks for the reminder

Lashings and lashings of ginger ale for a jolly good time. :p

Cold tongue sandwiches :eek:

Sounds like a bad kiss, Grem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Homeside with an unexpected few days off work. 9yr old minion has what I hope is a dose of cold but was coughing this morning. Rang GP so off with her for Covid test and now we all in self isolation till results back.

Wouldn't mind but I had planned a sneaky sick day myself this week to hit the shops and finish Christmas shopping.

• Advertisement

Fentimans Ginger Beer is the business when you're not drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

I used to love their Radler back when I still went back to Germany to visit my parents. They used to stock in Ireland over the summer months as well, but stopped a two years ago for some reason...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I'd like some of those, too.

Is that Secret Seven or Famous Five? No Brandy in that. Could you imagine the carnage.:D Enid Blyton in meltdown.:eek:

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Homeside with an unexpected few days off work. 9yr old minion has what I hope is a dose of cold but was coughing this morning. Rang GP so off with her for Covid test and now we all in self isolation till results back.

Wouldn't mind but I had planned a sneaky sick day myself this week to hit the shops and finish Christmas shopping.

Best of luck with it. I've been there.

Is that Secret Seven or Famous Five? No Brandy in that. Could you imagine the carnage.:D Enid Blyton in meltdown.:eek:

Famous Five.

Sardi's version is more 50 shades territory.

Famous Five.

Yes The Famous Five. Lashings and lashings of everything. I have both sets of books in the house somewhere, The five and Seven.

Peeled Ginger doesn't really count.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Auto, how are you feeling now?

Much better now thanks :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Much better now thanks :)

That's great Auto. Maybe take a few more days off to be sure to be sure. Can't believe you almost went in this morning!!

Take the rest of the week off, Auto! You can't drive like that and think of all the online shopping you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tedo we've been found out, the kitten is out of the bag :pac:

Who's after doxxing us??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Who's after doxxing us??

Trust tedo to turn a bit of laugh into serious mod business :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Yes The Famous Five. Lashings and lashings of everything. I have both sets of books in the house somewhere, The five and Seven.

Peeled Ginger doesn't really count.:eek:

Famous Five weird aside:

Early in her career, Jennifer Saunders ( Ab Fab etc ) was one of the cast that made Famous Five spoof episodes

e.g.

She seems to have had a great time & married another of the cast

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Who's after doxxing us??

He said his name was Dr Schrödinger

Those 'five go' piss takes were fantastic

Trust tedo to turn a bit of laugh into serious mod business :pac: :D

This is only the start of it.

They will be trying to encroach on our plate sliding territory next.

3d4life wrote: »
    He said his name was Dr Schrödinger

Anyone know where that guy went? I still have box here that supposedly holds his cat... or not... :eek:

Last I heard of him he was to be found up in the DIAS - the Merrion Sq building

I guess he has discovered if there is a next world ( or not ) by now

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/erwin-schr%C3%B6dinger-in-dublin-physicist-womaniser-fugitive-1.3612898

I genuinely did not know that Erwin Schrödinger lived and worked in Dublin until tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching a bit of telly.
    Auto, good to hear you're feeling better

The fatigue has landed, now standing at desk to keep alert. :o

What's this now?

What's this now?

You, asking for lashings!

Oh my!

You, asking for lashings!

Oh yes. Might get the Ginger Beer in a few days.

• Advertisement

Twosday, choosday??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Trying to “rest”.
    Resting is underestimulating and overrated and I don’t see the point.
    Remembering my last kiss with my other half.
    He’s alive and well, thank goodness, but apparently has lost his marbles.
    To lose one man to madness is unfortunate , to lose two is pure carelessness.

So, are we going to have snow?

Marbles are feckin overrated, though not as much as beads in my humble opinion

Hoping there's no snow, it makes work that much more difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Marbles are feckin overrated, though not as much as beads in my humble opinion

Hoping there's no snow, it makes work that much more difficult

Someday I’ll have snow when I would really enjoy it.
    A snowed in week with OH and the kids.
    Snow fun on your own. Sorry...

I like the look of marbles. Childrens’ ones not mind marbles. Billes and co. Make some swish marbles. Instagram “curated toy shelf” kind of job.

I don’t imagine there’s much play value in them and they’re lethal things to leave lying around. I’d much rather step on a Lego brick.

Interesting article about Schrödinger. I remember someone told me about his sex life and how he felt Dublin was much more permissive and relaxed about such things than England.

The parallel universe hypothesis resonates with me. I often wonder if I’ve fallen into or out of one!

Just got up for tea and to deal with online things but of course I’m on Boards instead.

Can't sleep, the Sandman must be socially distancing too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement