Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I have the heating on full tilt here. Living room is grand, but the Kitchen where I am isn't as toasty as I expected. Just switched it on upstairs for the pre bed heat up later. :D Glad I filled up the oil earlier in the year when the prices were low. Think I'm gonna need it. The cat is still avoiding a wee!

I just went out to see if the dog wanted in. By golly it's freezing alright!!! Was worth it for that lovely feeling of defrosting myself in front of the stove! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Wtf are garlic sausages? :O

Sausages with added garlic! :D

Freezing here too, definitely a night for the fire.

I think this thread is quiet because life is boring and predictable now.

Yeah true enough leg end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Yeah true enough leg end.

Ah lets not hope so guys. Life can be generally boring and predictable in the best of times. My life since March has had more drama in it than ever before. But I guess its probably down to my particular circumstances. Considering all that has happened, it must feel really messed up to people who have worked continuously throughout it all and then for those that did so after moving to working from home. Tonnes of different casualties across this year in all mindsets. All that said I can see the point being made. Try your best to stay positive if you can.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Phew, finally eaten. Yes garlic minced through the pork, delish if you like garlic.. Only dawned on me that I hadn't eaten all day :o

In relation to garlic sausages, I was reared on bog standard sausies all my younger years. From Granby, Mogerly to Denny. However in the mid 1990s I discovered Garlic and Herb sausages in a little shop beside the Spinnaker bar/hotel in Salthill/Knocknacarra Co. Galway. Way ahead of their time. Fried on the pan, they were divine.:D

Phew, finally eaten. Yes garlic minced through the pork, delish if you like garlic.. Only dawned on me that I hadn't eaten all day :o

Grem!! That was silly. You must have been weak!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skinless sausages appeared in the fridge at home in the nineties, awful, awful things, didn't eat the effing things for years because of that.. Only walked past the spinnaker recently, pity the state of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Thank Crunchie that week is over.

4 10+ hour days in a row.

Now to eat all the food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I need a shower but I'm procrastinating because it's too cold to get out of clothes.
    My car is completely frozen over already.

To thine own self be true

Skinless sausages appeared in the fridge at home in the nineties, awful, awful things, didn't eat the effing things for years because of that.. Only walked past the spinnaker recently, pity the state of it :(

I had my first childhood holiday near the Spinnaker in the caravan park beside it in the mid 1970s.:eek: Many great memories of the Spinnaker, but all in the mid 90s. My last time out that way was early last year and yes it was a real pity to see how it looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Thank Crunchie that week is over.
    Must get a multipack of Crunchies. I love them.

I need a shower but I'm procrastinating because it's too cold to get out of clothes.
    My car is completely frozen over already.

Shower with your clothes on. :pac:

Dare I say it? ...

... it's Christmassy weather.

I have nearly 3 weeks off and I intend to eat, drink and sleep for most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I have the heating on full tilt here. Living room is grand, but the Kitchen where I am isn't as toasty as I expected. Just switched it on upstairs for the pre bed heat up later. :D Glad I filled up the oil earlier in the year when the prices were low. Think I'm gonna need it. The cat is still avoiding a wee!

Biggest cat is by the fire. I stocked it well before migrating to bed with an extra blanket , hot water bottle etc etc etc. It is all in the preparation as you say.

The dwelling is lovely and warm now; a couple of big chunks of island turf will burn for hours yet. No upstairs here … Oh there goes another shower. It will be interesting to see what it was when I see it in the morning. Dark here is really DARK.

More of the cats here use the litter tray when it is like this. Saves me getting out of bed to let them out and in..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

2020 was the best year of my life so far.
    My life was always chaotic, interspersed with the odd fallow period, but in 2020 I was actually happy rather than just having some adventure or other.

Reading poetry. I’m not a big poetry enthusiast but now and then, usually in winter I feel like it.

Anyone have a favourite poem?

Currently doing my Tesco online shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Must get a multipack of Crunchies. I love them.

And that's going on tomorrow's shopping list. Love 'em.

2020 was the best year of my life so far.
    My life was always chaotic, interspersed with the odd fallow period, but in 2020 I was actually happy rather than just having some adventure or other.

Reading poetry. I’m not a big poetry enthusiast but now and then, usually in winter I feel like it.

Anyone have a favourite poem?

Currently doing my Tesco online shopping.

I love poetry. Its given me comfort and happiness. Here is one of my favourites.

Johnny, the kitchen sink has been clogged for days, some utensil probably fell down there.
    And the Drano won't work but smells dangerous, and the crusty dishes have piled up

waiting for the plumber I still haven't called. This is the everyday we spoke of.
    It's winter again: the sky's a deep, headstrong blue, and the sunlight pours through

the open living-room windows because the heat's on too high in here and I can't turn it off.
    For weeks now, driving, or dropping a bag of groceries in the street, the bag breaking,

I've been thinking: This is what the living do. And yesterday, hurrying along those
    wobbly bricks in the Cambridge sidewalk, spilling my coffee down my wrist and sleeve,

I thought it again, and again later, when buying a hairbrush: This is it.
    Parking. Slamming the car door shut in the cold. What you called that yearning.

What you finally gave up. We want the spring to come and the winter to pass. We want
    whoever to call or not call, a letter, a kiss—we want more and more and then more of it.

But there are moments, walking, when I catch a glimpse of myself in the window glass,
    say, the window of the corner video store, and I'm gripped by a cherishing so deep

for my own blowing hair, chapped face, and unbuttoned coat that I'm speechless:
    I am living. I remember you.

Marie Howe. What The Living Do.

I want to thank that a million times. I also want to cry now

• Advertisement

Shower with your clothes on. :pac:

Dare I say it? ...

... it's Christmassy weather.

I have nearly 3 weeks off and I intend to eat, drink and sleep for most of it.

When does your 3 weeks start?
    I'll have 2 weeks off over Christmas week and new year week. Can't come fast enough.

I think I'll have a nap. Feckin exhausted so I am..

When does your 3 weeks start?
    I'll have 2 weeks off over Christmas week and new year week. Can't come fast enough.

16th!

*smug face*

I think I'll have a nap. Feckin exhausted so I am..

That'll be the bean hating taking it out of you.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I want to thank that a million times. I also want to cry now

An antidote for tears :)

"I cannot go to school today,"
    Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
    "I have the measles and the mumps,
    A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
    My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
    I'm going blind in my right eye.
    My tonsils are as big as rocks,
    I've counted sixteen chicken pox
    And there's one more—that's seventeen,
    And don't you think my face looks green?
    My leg is cut—my eyes are blue—
    It might be instamatic flu.
    I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
    I'm sure that my left leg is broke—
    My hip hurts when I move my chin,
    My belly button's caving in,
    My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
    My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
    My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
    I have a sliver in my thumb.
    My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
    I hardly whisper when I speak.
    My tongue is filling up my mouth,
    I think my hair is falling out.
    My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
    My temperature is one-o-eight.
    My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
    There is a hole inside my ear.
    I have a hangnail, and my heart is—what?
    What's that? What's that you say?
    You say today is. . .Saturday?
    G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

Shel Silverstein. Sick.

• Advertisement

The glitch is back.

Oh no :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I love poetry. Its given me comfort and happiness. Here is one of my favourites.

Johnny, the kitchen sink has been clogged for days, some utensil probably fell down there.
    And the Drano won't work but smells dangerous, and the crusty dishes have piled up

waiting for the plumber I still haven't called. This is the everyday we spoke of.
    It's winter again: the sky's a deep, headstrong blue, and the sunlight pours through

the open living-room windows because the heat's on too high in here and I can't turn it off.
    For weeks now, driving, or dropping a bag of groceries in the street, the bag breaking,

I've been thinking: This is what the living do. And yesterday, hurrying along those
    wobbly bricks in the Cambridge sidewalk, spilling my coffee down my wrist and sleeve,

I thought it again, and again later, when buying a hairbrush: This is it.
    Parking. Slamming the car door shut in the cold. What you called that yearning.

What you finally gave up. We want the spring to come and the winter to pass. We want
    whoever to call or not call, a letter, a kiss—we want more and more and then more of it.

But there are moments, walking, when I catch a glimpse of myself in the window glass,
    say, the window of the corner video store, and I'm gripped by a cherishing so deep

for my own blowing hair, chapped face, and unbuttoned coat that I'm speechless:
    I am living. I remember you.

Marie Howe. What The Living Do.

Sorry for quoting you. I love this. I love poetry anyway but there is something so raw and untainted about this. Thank you for sharing <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Its a Friday, so its my car day, sun is shining and its a respectable 23 degrees C.

Car day started off with viewing a beautiful white 2 door Rolls Royce and a McLaren. Now off to see the oldies.

Oh enjoy Smurfjed, is it enthusiasts meeting up?. It's a frosty start here, hovering close to 0 degrees, a good frost about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

After I have ventured out to see the state of the mountains I am INSIDE all day. … being bombarded with hailiboys etc.... Bliss to be in.

Not even light yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Having a quick coffee before heading out
    Wrap up well children as its freezing out brrrr

Mind the roads people. If froze very hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

smurfjed wrote: »
    Its a Friday, so its my car day, sun is shining and its a respectable 23 degrees C.

Car day started off with viewing a beautiful white 2 door Rolls Royce and a McLaren. Now off to see the oldies.
    Well it's not Ireland you're in:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

votecounts wrote: »
    Well it's not Ireland you're in:D
    eh nope.

Small gathering today.

535112.jpeg

535113.jpeg

535114.jpeg

Got talking to the owner of the Cadillac, he invited me to view his collection of 33 cars, will accept that when I’m free again. He also talked about some other private collections in the city, one of which has over 2000 cars. :)

A day off from domestic duties today. Got served a nice breakfast and now back in bed watching a carry on movie. It's a long time since I did this. Very toastie under the double duvet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No work today, although I have to prepare for an online event tomorrow so still need to check in, but nice to be faffing around the house in my pjs.
    Taking Monday off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Really nice poem, diamonds.

A few times I’ve sat about to type a post and all I could think of was how crap anything I’ve done lately is, just banal things like the woman in the poem, and remembering what I’m not doing that I should be doing , what was happening a little over week ago was so happy and not banal at all.
    Half the time I’ve been thinking about who should be with me and who and what I’m waiting for. A bit like that poem.

You can’t live in a world of should be and what ifs. Life is too short. Hard to accept at the time though. Fckk Grief :(

Getting fresh air in my garden, trying to work out restarting my business which I allowed to fall down around my ears five weeks ago. I’m missing the Christmas trade.

Kind of enjoying the sunlight and soft winter air today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

In the door from a ramble. Brrrrrrr it is cold out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Having a sit down coffee in a cafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Frozen solid. Happy Friday all!

• Advertisement

I'm nearly frozen solid here, but it's a lovely bright day with clear skies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, frozen after a thoroughly horrible night.

A bit too sunny for my liking, that's the downside of having your home office in a room with south-facing windows...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Praise the powers for leccy blankie. Have to go to the shop shortly though yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a cracking day all right. Am at work getting as much done as possible ahead of my boozy lunch.

Sorry for quoting you. I love this. I love poetry anyway but there is something so raw and untainted about this. Thank you for sharing <3

I'm glad you like it :)

I read it often. It stirs me up something fierce.

I am carside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside after being garage side with the Batmobile. Beyond disappointing.

I thinks it's time to trade in the Batmobile, it's going to be a money pit.

Pottering around doing house work/cooking and listening to Spotify which is inspiring me to post random lyrics to the Lyrics thread. All bar one of the lyrics I posted are from tracks released in my lifetime and memory and I dont think there's one less than 35 years old. Showing my age.

In other news, Crunchies and Rancheros have arrived! Trying to complete certain jobs around the place before I indulge, so I can have them as a reward. On that note,must get on. Those goodies wont devour themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Well, that’s enough day for today!

Heading home and kicking off the weekend. Starting with a snooze on the couch.

Disclaimer - I am not 120 years of age.

Wasn’t a bad week in fairness though.

Have a lovely weekend lovely peoples. :)

• Advertisement

Sh1t, what's wrong with it?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement