Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Well, that’s enough day for today!

Heading home and kicking off the weekend. Starting with a snooze on the couch.

Disclaimer - I am not 120 years of age.

Wasn’t a bad week in fairness though.

Have a lovely weekend lovely peoples. :)

Enjoy your snoozle. Sure what else could you be doing on a day like today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Trying to fight off chronic tiredness from an absolutely terrible night's sleep last night. I will not be defeated though and plan to power on and enjoy my Friday night. *determined tired face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

One of my best friends got married today :D I can not stop smiling, she looks amazing :) One very happy and proud Auto :)

To hell with the cold weather :D

Homeside just as the weather made a sudden change for the worse, gone very windy and dark. Went to work and then met my 2 best friends for coffee, we could sit inside Costa today, great treat.

Just got news that someone I would have seen every day has passed away, my age, sick for last few months, so so sad. (Not a close friend or relative but a pleasant person who was always cheerful), seize the day wherers , life is so precious.

Planning on a little housework and then definitely some drink, it was a tiring week so I'll probably fall asleep after a drop but I'm so looking forward to not setting my alarm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The bright sky didn't last long, dark clouds and sleety rain for hours now. The heating is on and I'm still cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Just aired out the apartment. I'm not saying its cold outside, but a couple of polar bears are huddling around the heating, trying to warm up. The wind certainly isn't helping either...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sh1t, what's wrong with it?.

Suspension it seems. I'll fix this last thing and if something else goes it'll be on the chopping block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Suspension it seems. I'll fix this last thing and if something else goes it'll be on the chopping block.

Ahem..what were you up to that the suspension got fecked Mr??

To thine own self be true

Arrived home earlier and had around an hour to myself. Slapped on the heating and lit the fire and was having a ganders out the back garden at the absolutely wild weather blowing the trees all over the shop. I decided Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon would be the perfect accompaniment. Hadn't listened to it in ages. On the second listen now. What an absolute masterpiece of an album it is. Always amazing when you go back to it.

I was going to say that! Batbouncing in the back seat. :cool:

• Advertisement

I always feel so inadequate musically when I read the posts in here from the music conessieurs.

I always feel so inadequate musically when I read the posts in here from the music conessieurs.

Ara sure each to their own PM. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Exactly what On The Beach said, we're all free to like what we like, ok some artists or genres might get a ribbing now and again but it's in fun (sorry declan nerney)

Exactly what On The Beach said, we're all free to like what we like, ok some artists or genres might get a ribbing now and again but it's in fun (sorry declan nerney)

The sad thing is I know who Declan is while not knowing many of who you talk about on here :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The sad thing is I know who Declan is while not knowing many of who you talk about on here :D

Stop the world and let me off is a favourite saying of mine!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I was going to say that! Batbouncing in the back seat. :cool:

Duuuuurty talk! :D The back seat is useeeeleess! It's tiny! :)

Duuuuurty talk! :D The back seat is useeeeleess! It's tiny! :)

I always preferred reclining the passenger seat myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

I always preferred reclining the passenger seat myself :D

Footprints on windscreen
    inside

Note : If in a Tesla double check camera config first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Long, long week. ...winetime baby!

3d4life wrote: »

Note : If in a Tesla double check camera config first

Or at least ensure that your onlyfans account is properly set up and linked :P :pac:

Getting ready to shoot down I mean shut down the office for the weekend. Too bad that Monday will be around faster than I'd like.

• Advertisement

Long, long week. ...winetime baby!

It was bloody long, the cold weather doesn't help either. I feel sorry for anyone who has to drive in the mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Why do you feel inadequate? I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge of other interests that would put me to shame. For me, listening to music is a hobby and probably because I'm the youngest in my family and there is a big gap between me and the rest so that from the time I became aware there was at least one teenager in the house going through some kind of musical phase which fostered my interest early. While my little school mates were singing along to Shawady Waddy and songs from Grease I was pogoing around the house to The Pistols because I heard them at home (until my mother smashed the record!) In my case, I just never grew out of the phase. I love introducing people to music they haven't heard before and discovering new gems. Was introduced to a band I now love and hadn't heard before on here and passed that on to Mr. Sardi. I hate musical snobbery more than I hate certain types of music. One thing I love about music is how much people enjoy it, even the stuff that makes my toes curl. Its one of the greatest and simplest joys in life, it's a universal and eternal language. Listen to whatever you enjoy and listen often.

Sardi says it better than I could :) Like what you like, feck the opinions of others

I just think I'm more of a book person. Would love to know and appreciate music more but my brain isnt wired that way :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My usual chair, living room, on my iPad doing nothing in particular.

Which suits me just fine as I had a very very busy week work wise. Posted off my first batch of Xmas cards (yep, I still write & send cards :)) - absolutely bitter cold out there this evening!

Have a good weekend Wherers!

On the work trundle, listening to the wireless :pac:

Sardonicat wrote:
    Was introduced to a band I now love and hadn't heard before on here and passed that on to Mr. Sardi. I hate musical snobbery more than I hate certain types of music. One thing I love about music is how much people enjoy it, even the stuff that makes my toes curl. Its one of the greatest and simplest joys in life, it's a universal and eternal language. Listen to whatever you enjoy and listen often.

I think I know what band you're talking about....love yourself! :D nice post Sardi. Music is huge in my life too and being the second youngest of six I get what you mean with regard to eclectic taste.

Muttonchops on the couch beside me, just let out that contented hmm hmm sound he makes. It's because the kids have gone to bed :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed listening to unknown FM, deep in thought

How did Moses make his tea?

Hebrews it :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh my god, that pun was terrible...

...just how I like it :pac:

Get your coat Sephers..😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Get your coat Sephers..😂

He's pulled?!? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I just think I'm more of a book person. Would love to know and appreciate music more but my brain isnt wired that way :p

I love books, not the ones on tablets. But the smell and texture of real pages. My taste in music really is all over the place. From ABBA,Queen,Bowie,etc.We like what we like, there is no set rules. So enjoy whatever makes you happy.

He's pulled?!? :P

Its yourself :p

I hope it's tea made by a non-prophet company.

Seph and I are now leaving with our heads hung in shame.

• Advertisement

Am i in the same thread??

:D

Am i in the same thread??

You're off tonight I think? In that case you're in an alternate universe.

Nah i'm working, least i think so?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Bed for me as I have an early morning for work. So goodnight my dears.

Bed for me as I have an early morning for work. So goodnight my dears.

Night, i'll probably still be here when you get up!! :pac:

Lads, it's wild out there. The letterbox is rattling here. I hope you're all inside safe. I'm hoping the power doesn't cut out.

Lads, it's wild out there. The letterbox is rattling here. I hope you're all inside safe. I'm hoping the power doesn't cut out.

The wind isn't too bad here but it's freezing, it's an early night for me I think.

It's almost directly from north so things are making noise here that don't usually too :eek:

It's almost directly from north so things are making noise here that don't usually too :eek:

Yes it's definitely a northern blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The wind is howling around the gaff here. Poor Mrs G started well today and then crashed by mid afternoon. That fatigue lark is such a downbeat experience. I feel so sorry for her. But she went to bed earlier with a nice dinner.

For the first time ever Ms G had a Chinese takeaway chicken curry, fried rice and chips. After little tastes she has graduated to the full monty. My half is still there after a few beers. I'm chilled out here listening to the wind, but happy in the knowledge that we are warm and snug, My Christmas decorations are still shining through the sitting room window for any busy body who wants to look because I can't be arsed pulling the curtains.:D

Upon the bed. The wind is blowing down the house here aswell. My turn for a sleep in tomorrow so looking forward to a grand kip. Listening to Bent - So long without you. Sweet dreams y'all :)

No mention of the late late show tonight, usually someone here is watching it..

No mention of the late late show tonight, usually someone here is watching it..

It's on here, half watching it.
    Sharon Shannon tribute, I'm not into her type of music so I'm not paying heed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement