Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Well I more than survived and think I found the "one". The 2nd dress I tried on and I felt all goosebumply. When I saw it on the hanger I said to the lovely woman helping me that no way would it fit. It did!! I was like Princess Persepoly!!

Delighted for you. You go Princess Persepoly! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Or a cigarette and a taxi?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

NewRed2 wrote: »
    :D
    Good shout, I had thought about it but there's only 70 people living there and they don't have broadband so the online dating would be a killer.

Non locals may qualify for free accommodation in Carrick-on-Shannon nick

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/leitrim-sligo-gardai-launch-new-plan-protect-coastlines-waterways-criminals/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

The Barnacle geese are back. Love the sound of their chattering. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At home celebrating a friends wedding remotely but need to iron the shirt for a funeral next week.
    Matches and dispatches...all that's missing are some hatches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thank you for the nice posts :)

Well I more than survived and think I found the "one". The 2nd dress I tried on and I felt all goosebumply. When I saw it on the hanger I said to the lovely woman helping me that no way would it fit. It did!! I was like Princess Persepoly!!
    :pac:

And to celebrate we must have wine/cappuccino and cake :)

I haven’t heard about the chef and the elf either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I thought people would be smart this year and isolate the elf for two weeks before shenanigans

NewRed2 wrote: »
    :D
    Good shout, I had thought about it but there's only 70 people living there and they don't have broadband so the online dating would be a killer.

Actually, the broadband is not bad at all in leitrim. If you wanna get away from it all, I highly recommend it 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Is anyone else getting curious about this famous Irish chef and her elf? I'm clearly not in the loop on that one.
    I can't bare to see Dublin in another All Ireland final.

What's this? Consider my interest piqued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Not having a good one. Listening to Riscoe by Midlake, I always find the rising and falling vocals very soothing. I've no true idea what the song is actually about but it moves me.

What is the story with the chef and the elf? I feel left out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, shattered from my trip into the city today. But hey, at least I got all the key ingredients for my traditional Christmas dinner. All of the rest can be acquired locally.

It felt good to be able to sit down in a café again.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside, shattered from my trip into the city today. But hey, at least I got all the key ingredients for my traditional Christmas dinner. All of the rest can be acquired locally.

It felt good to be able to sit down in a café again.

Ooh, what's your traditional Christmas dinner?

And for love of jaysis, would someone tell us the story with the chef and elf??????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couch, horizontal, chilled out. Very lazy day today ... much needed.

And for love of jaysis, would someone tell us the story with the chef and elf??????

Do you reckon it's a crossover between elf on a shelf and ratatouille the movie?

Do you reckon it's a crossover between elf on a shelf and ratatouille the movie?

I think the movie might be more of a blue shade! :pac:

Ooh, what's your traditional Christmas dinner?

It's a Polish recipe, basically a sauce/stew hybrid made with gingerbread, dark beer as well as several root vegetables, which is served with Kohlwurst, a type of smoked pork sausage, potatoes and sauerkraut. It's not the kind of meal you have when you're on a diet, but hey, it's Christmas!

My grandfather brought that recipe with him when he moved from Silesia to Hamburg in the late 1920s, so it's been in the family for a while!

It's a Polish recipe, basically a sauce/stew hybrid made with gingerbread, dark beer as well as several root vegetables, which is served with Kohlwurst, a type of smoked pork sausage, potatoes and sauerkraut. It's not the kind of meal you have when you're on a diet, but hey, it's Christmas!

My grandfather brought that recipe with him when he moved from Silesia to Hamburg in the late 1920s, so it's been in the family for a while!

That sounds interesting, the gingerbread element though threw me a bit.

That sounds interesting, the gingerbread element though threw me a bit.

It's not really that noticeable in the final dish as the spices in there actually blend very well with the beer, but it does help thicken up the sauce quite a bit. We actually use ontbijtkoek, a Dutch breakfast loaf, instead of the more traditional gingerbread. It's easier to handle, has all the spices you need, and anything you don't need can be eaten for breakfast ;) Just slice it up and spread some butter on it.

Ah i see, for somre reason i got it in my head that the gingerbread would be dumplings :o Sounds tasty alright

• Advertisement

I think its lovely you're keeping some of that culture going.

I think its more like aThe Elf on the M***(acronym for more mature lady of an appealing nature). But that's probably my filthy mind.

It's a beautiful night. I was super wrapped up when i went out though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It’s morning time, working in a few hours so time to go walking, beautiful blue sky here. Nice to see a steady stream of airliners approaching the international airport, signs of life getting back to normal.

Have a good walk, deskside here for another few hours. All peaceful enough thankfully, will stretch my legs on the way home..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

That’s my morning 5km done, even had a chat with hotel chef about changing our menus :)

I am such a productive soul in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

In a warm bed in East Clare eating porridge, watching a half marathon race live from Valencia..
    Think I'll leave my run til later !!

Yup I'm getting off the bus early and walking today I think. No rain on the horizon plus Sunday so it'll be quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Moring all, getting ready to go to mass.
    Misty and cold outside
    Have a good one and all:)

Off to work....... I may, may get to slip into a shop in town.....hope it's not too busy!

And relax. Let the aches settle after a stroll.. Of course stopped in shop and bought junk food.. :o

• Advertisement

It's all so quiet ... shhh ... shhh

Bedside, another cold morning here and my knees are aching with it. Not a good sign!

Washed the windows inside and out and sprayed the fireplace black. Now reading yesterday's paper with a hot whiskey.

Washed the windows inside and out and sprayed the fireplace black. Now reading yesterday's paper with a hot whiskey.

Are your poor hands not frozen solid? :eek:

Are your poor hands not frozen solid? :eek:

Truth be told it was so cold that it was painful to hold the aluminium pole thing that I use for the upper windows. Hence the hot drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Truth be told it was so cold that it was painful to hold the aluminium pole thing that I use for the upper windows. Hence the hot drink!

The karcher window vacuums are the business.....best thing I ever bought....I haven't used it once as himself loves it.

Though need a ladder for upstairs ones obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm lying on the sofa in a ball. The cat is on here too, headbutting my ass ferociously. She has a strong header on her. I think she's trying to nudge me off to have the sofa for herself.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

...Though need a ladder for upstairs ones obviously.

*** resists very strong temptation to exercise my hobby horse on how windows should open inwards ***

Miserable foggy day, temp maxed out at + half a degree :(

Got sucked down a 'grow your own avocado' rabbit hole and ended up here

I'm lying on the sofa in a ball. The cat is on here too, headbutting my ass ferociously. She has a strong header on her. I think she's trying to nudge me off to have the sofa for herself.

Thank you, that made me belly laugh.

Was going to post my usual work trundle spiel but instead I'm giggling at the cat giving butt boops!

Was going to post my usual work trundle spiel but instead I'm giggling at the cat giving butt boops!

Shes gonna nut the butt till she gets the sofa to herself!

• Advertisement

Just for context..I could give the KardASSians a run for their money, so my feline friend had a challenge on her hand. We have a truce now. She is on the single chair and I claimed victory to the sofa.

Just for context..I could give the KardASSians a run for their money, so my feline friend had a challenge on her hand. We have a truce now. She is on the single chair and I claimed victory to the sofa.

Single chair eh?. Consider that an uneasy truce! :P

Deskside feeling dozy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

As an oldie here. As a happy person here. As one who does ones best amid all the crap that life throws at you. Despite a crap year. Despite hardship. Despite all the moany negativity that goes with life.

Yup, As and despite. I can honestly find so much happiness in simple food and simple music from years previous that provide simple memories. Chilled out here listening to Classic Simple Minds live in the mid 80's. That's the 1980's.:D The memories from an old and rattling Croke Park in the Summer of 1986 will never be forgotten. After Chris de Burgh and after Self Aid. Lightening and lots of thunder that night too. What a year for live gigs. I did Depeche Mode in the RDS Simmonscourt that year too. I miss my live music. My acts and me aren't getting any younger. Every year counts.:D

Scanner-Side again, I'm down to five boxes of unscanned photos, so hopefully, I'll be able to get them all done tonight. If you thought snapping everything in sight was a new phenomenon, I can assure you it's been around at least since 2001 :eek:

Eighties on the radio there, Bronski Beat, absolute classic, like yourself G i don't know where i'd be without music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Aw Bronski Beat , used to love them , still do , their music just makes you feel brighter and more energetic somehow!

Tis bitterly cold here , even though I'm wrapped up and fire lighting.
    Think its time to put the hot water bottles to use !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Think its time to put the hot water bottles to use !

Only now :o

Great minds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lol , I just try to delay it for as long as possible PM , bit stupid really !

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , I just try to delay it for as long as possible PM , bit stupid really !

I have 2 duvets and the hot water bottle :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement