Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fixed that embed Smurf for you, I deserve the coffee for that.

Bedside, nice & toasty here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thread is corporate sponsored shocker! :eek:

Thread is corporate sponsored shocker! :eek:

Do we all get free donuts?

I'm awake early this morning. Might manage to secure a place on Ted's lap. (If you don't get that you're missing out)

Oohh I know how cold it is outside and how warm it is in here. I'm kinda scared to get up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weirdly I didn't find it too bad outside earlier, might be that the fog seems like a blanket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Brrrrrrrrrr

I'm sick of this cold now, my feet are like ice. Tableside with coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Good Morning everyone :)

Deskside with a coffee and a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. 'tis a bit chilly...

@Grem - Apologies for dropping off the radar last night...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

You were right Grem, surprisingly not that cold. I mean it was -1 and no fog but it was grand. As you can see from Khalis face, we were happy out on our walk! :D

535437.jpg

This tree was covered in dew drops and they were twinkling in the light and they really looked like fairy lights set to blink. Course I had to cut the quality of the photo down so much to post that you can't see it but I'm sharing anyway.

535438.jpg

Poxy errands, every last one took longer than it had to.. Late home and cranky..

Poxy errands, every last one took longer than it had to.. Late home and cranky..

:( Leccy blankie might help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. -9 days to time off. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I've started the two week countdown. Can't wait. Going to try and have everything ready by the 18th so can just enjoy the holiday. Roll on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've started the two week countdown. Can't wait. Going to try and have everything ready by the 18th so can just enjoy the holiday. Roll on!!

I hear ya! I have 2 spare days I might stick on at the start and bail out on the 16th. I'll take to the gaffer today and see what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Same for me too. It will be a hectic couple of weeks up to the 18th for me but the christmas break will be all the more pleasant because of it.

Deskside, entering the home stretch. Is anyone else absolutely freezing at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside, entering the home stretch. Is anyone else absolutely freezing at the moment?

Well yes and no. Yes when I pottered out this morning and no once I got back home to the heat. Delighted I filled the oil tank back in April when prices collapsed.

• Advertisement

Tae before trundle, sad old sort of day.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well yes and no. Yes when I pottered out this morning and no once I got back home to the heat. Delighted I filled the oil tank back in April when prices collapsed.

Will the tank last until spring? It looks like it's going to be an expensive winter.

I'm couchside about to get some dinner, I'm hungry and not hungry at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Tae before trundle, sad old sort of day.

Awww - how come Grem?

Homeside here. Only one full work-week left this year now. Just flip-loads of admin stuff to do.

I know. I should procrastinate for a while!!

Love the pics Buile. Khalis is a babe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

I'm couchside about to get some dinner, I'm hungry and not hungry at the same time!

Uh - know that feeling. Seem to have a 30 minute window of hunger, and then it's gone, which makes food less fun - unless it's like the food equivalent of a danger ... thing that some lads talk about. :pac:

Have something tasty!!

SnowyMay wrote: »

Love the pics Buile. Khalis is a babe!!

:D:D Thanks Snowy May!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

:D:D Thanks Snowy May!!!

I missed the photos of her during the hard weather. She is the epitome of a bundle of happiness.

To thine own self be true

I missed the photos of her during the hard weather. She is the epitome of a bundle of happiness.

Thanks PM. Happiest girl in ireland for sure! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Bumped into a couple of colleagues during my evening walk, so my daily total distance was 16kms. I love this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale & a blazing fire, can't bate it :)

Will the tank last until spring? It looks like it's going to be an expensive winter.

I've a 1400 litre tank. I filled it to the top in April and hardly used it until well into October. I also filled ten 20 litre drums at the same time as he couldn't fit it all into the tank. All in the shed. Gonna dip in the morning. Oil is still cheap enough. 400 litres to be had for around 200 quid. I'll never forget winter 2010. Actually cancelled a holiday the oil cost so much.:eek:

Freezing fog over here, weirdly sparkly walk up to work :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sounds enchanting. I dont think I've ever seen it. Hope you can keep snug tonight, Grem.

The power is back on. Light and heat have returned. Hotspot off. Real broadband on. Little house on the prairie is over.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I picked the coldest day of the year to do the dirtiest job but now I have a totally frost free freezer but red raw hands :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) It’s beginning to get a bit too cold for my liking now. I wouldn’t be surprised if it snows.

A friends mother died over the weekend so it’s being a sombre weekend, I went from celebrating a wedding and then a death. Rollercoaster of emotions.

Couchside

• Advertisement

There was lots of frozen cobwebs this morning, stunningly beautiful and amazing how visible they become. Nature is breathtaking.

A still and frosty morning is always a wonder

Seems like it's a really slow day today...

Verrrrrrrrrrry slow.. Did you finish scanning your photos?.

All scanned, dated, geotagged and edited. Looking back, it's obvious just how crazy that time was...

Good to have them, i was very good at avoiding photos which i kind of regret now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I have been freezing all day even being near the ovens at work. Home now in my PJ's and robe and still cold. Where is global warming when you need it?

Brandy is what you need :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm listening to Now 70s on TV. Bed soon though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Brandy is what you need :P

All out of brandy at the moment and the wine just isn't working in warming things up.

Good to have them, i was very good at avoiding photos which i kind of regret now.

Yeah, it's good to have those memories, though seeing all those photos again and realising that those times are almost twenty years gone now was quite a shock to the system, let me tell ya :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, watching the excellent Famine documentary on RTE.
    Wanton, callous cruelty and indifference visited on us as a people, and some of the worst culprits were the better off merchant class of Irish.

Another super busy week, but at least I am coping better than last week when the workload gave me a panic attack.

thomil wrote: »
    Yeah, it's good to have those memories, though seeing all those photos again and realising that those times are almost twenty years gone now was quite a shock to the system, let me tell ya :eek:

Saw a lynx africa set in the shop the other day. Nowt unusual says you, not until you realise it's q 25th anniversary edition :pac::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Saw a lynx africa set in the shop the other day. Nowt unusual says you, not until you realise it's q 25th anniversary edition :pac::eek:

Lynx Africa and apollo wasn't it....then joop aftershave ....I don't think I could handle any of those smells now .

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside, watching the excellent Famine documentary on RTE.
    Wanton, callous cruelty and indifference visited on us as a people, and some of the worst culprits were the better off merchant class of Irish.

Another super busy week, but at least I am coping better than last week when the workload gave me a panic attack.

Have you read Plunkett City? Obviously not about the famine but interesting about Dublin in the early 1900's ...we've come along way.

• Advertisement

Lynx Africa and apollo wasn't it....then joop aftershave ....I don't think I could handle any of those smells now .

There was fahrenheit and cool water i think? Frightful overdoses of all back then :pac:

There was fahrenheit and cool water i think? Frightful overdoses of all back then :pac:

Yup. Though I think cool water wasn't too bad, it was a lighter fragrance I think.

Lost in the mists of time to me!. I do remember a bottle in the shape of a torso, gaultier maybe?

Lost in the mists of time to me!. I do remember a bottle in the shape of a torso, gaultier maybe?

Yeah, blue stripe.

A gazillion yrs ago

The feckin things i remember :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement