Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

Wine here , back to work in the morning , distraught. I did a euromillions quick pick today, this is an emergency situation. 😥

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I need something to relax here too & unwind.

Was it that stressful playing with us?

Edit: nooooo before some smart arse says something I honestly didn't mean it that way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Was it that stressful playing with us?

Edit: nooooo before some smart arse says something I honestly didn't mean it that way!!!

Now I really need one to recover from the shock of you being down to gutter level.

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:(

Don't mind tedo he's just upset he got burnt in his own game :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Wine here , back to work in the morning , distraught. I did a euromillions quick pick today, this is an emergency situation. ��

I went into town to stake my claim to five grand today. Feckin Post Office wasn't open.:rolleyes: Gonna get in tomorrow. Fook their Christmas holiday. I want the money.:D

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Money money money , must be funny , in a rich man's world :D
    Straight home with it G , no shopping sprees :D
    Only joking , delighted for you .

Am I hallucinating or did a post disappear from the thread ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

I was thinking the same thing. Suspected the glass of Jameson I had, but looks like it wasn't the drink after all...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »

That's just your eyes playing tricks on you again mam

tenor.gif

:pac::D

• Advertisement

Deskside.....I think its time for a cupan tae!
    thomil wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. Suspected the glass of Jameson I had, but looks like it wasn't the drink after all...

Ya that's what it was alright

:D:D :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Money money money , must be funny , in a rich man's world :D
    Straight home with it G , no shopping sprees :D
    Only joking , delighted for you .

I believe I get a cheque Mam. Lodge to bank and wait to clear. Mrs G wants to go to Pennys anyway! So be it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I believe I get a cheque Mam. Lodge to bank and wait to clear. Mrs G wants to go to Pennys anyway! So be it.:D

Happy shopping :)
    It's great to see something good happen for nice genuine people in the midst of what we're in , enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside.. broke the spell and went back to work today. Very quiet as not everyone is back. Little or no sympathy from others as they had to work right through Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just watching the last The Crown episode now. I'll have withdrawn symptoms now.
    G, I noticed the post office was closed today but I wasn't collecting a 5k cheque, just posting a letter so I can wait.
    Supposedly the snow is due to start around now, I wonder if we'll wake to a white blanket.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, horizontal, watching the Australian film Swimming Upstream. Powerful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, thinking what my goals/plans are for 2021..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Aaaaaah. Wide awake-side. Which is kinda good because I’m leaving for Egypt in less than four hours. \o/

Christmas has been - how to put it politely- a bit of a shîtshow, so I booked yesterday, and I’m going somewhere warm because feck this whole lot of everything. Covid test in the Airport, which is grand. Apartment by the Red Sea booked. Visa I’ll get when I arrive. Packing is almost ready to be started. Posting on boards instead of getting ready - check! :)

Wish me luck. It’s a long enough journey ‘cause of a layover in Turkey, but I cannot wait to get there!! Will land around 00.40 tomorrow.

Flying from Germany, so don’t worry - I wouldn’t be bringing anything back to Ireland even if worst came to worst. Unless anybody wants a souvenir of a camel or something.

Slightly stressed until I get on the plane.

Can't sleep:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

This reminds me of that skit; an inept pair fumbling a raid. " Hold hands this is a stick up!"

If anyone has this it is hilarious.. It was the "carry on" lot I think

• Advertisement

Just watching the last The Crown episode now. I'll have withdrawn symptoms now.
    G, I noticed the post office was closed today but I wasn't collecting a 5k cheque, just posting a letter so I can wait.
    Supposedly the snow is due to start around now, I wonder if we'll wake to a white blanket.

or a wet blanket! Been watching the weather thread!

Can't sleep:(

That's OK. it is worrying about it does the harm :eek: I quite enjoy the night hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@snowymay, which part of Egypt? Sharm or mainland ?

That time of day, balcony with the mutt and a Nespresso, wife rewarded us with cake :):)

3 mornings left then back to work, vaccination scheduled for 15th, so hope that changes the length of these rotations as 90 days is just toooooo much.

Deskside thinking there must be an easier way. Have porridge and blueberries for break, that will be a shock to my system after a week of rubbish. Is it wine time yet? ☺️

Is it wine time yet? ☺️
    isn’t that sunrise at this time of the year ?

smurfjed wrote: »
    isn’t that sunrise at this time of the year ?

Not quite Smurf, about 11am imo. ðŸ·

Done the outside jobs etc; cat tray, fuel in, then found a small dead brown crab at the door.

My guess is that a seabird dropped it and cat decided I would like it. I once found a large number of tiny fishes caught in the fruit cage netting etc. A passing seagull dropped its catch .

Life is never dull out here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

How about a Bailey's coffee at 11 Duvet :pac:

• Advertisement

Or an espresso martini :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

bubblypop wrote: »
    Or an espresso martini :)

Oh god yeah...my fave! .. along with a proper mojito....I want a drink now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got a present of a bottle of prosecco from my manager. Very tempted to have it for breakfast this morning.

Agh, looks like my truck engine needs a replacement or rebuild, or scrapping :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Agh, looks like my truck engine needs a replacement or rebuild, or scrapping :(

Oh noes that's spendy and inconvenient did it not just pass a test?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am not even sure what day it is at this stage.
    I should be swanning it up in a nice hotel in galway now but having to make do with a walk in the dublin mountains.
    Dr Zhivago and hot whiskey later.

• Advertisement

Oh noes that's spendy and inconvenient did it not just pass a test?.

Funny thing is that it easily passed the vehicle inspection test and then started misbehaving as i drove home. A week of shop visits has revealed the prognosis. This is what happens when you get emotionally attached to a vehicle.

Does anyone else ever see the thread called "should cat ownership be banned" pop up on the main page and worry about Sephs poor little heart??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Does anyone else ever see the thread called "should cat ownership be banned" pop up on the main page and worry about Sephs poor little heart??

I would think he's fine, as any cat person knows, you don't own them!.

I would think he's fine, as any cat person knows, you don't own them!.

Ha yes good point! :pac:

Sephs little heart is broken 💔 having read it

:pac:

• Advertisement

What heart? He's been openly flirting with BB amongst others recently right in front of my eyes ..heartless carry on.😥

Couchside, the only benefit to WFH is no commute, desk to couch. The huge downside is the amount I eat when I'm in the kitchen and there's boxes of sweets within easy reach, even the ones I don't like get eaten.

Nearly wine time lads tf.

Jammies and couch, exhausted after a wee few errands, i'm an amateur :(

Mrs G and I were in town earlier on an important mission.:D

There was a panic about the place in clothing/footwear shops. Looks like people are fearful of those shops closing. Long lines outside Pennys and Dunnes. They were empty yesterday. We didn't bother with either of them.

Home now cooking dinner. If Duvet has a jar, I'll have one too.:D

What heart? He's been openly flirting with BB amongst others recently right in front of my eyes ..heartless carry on.��

Couchside, the only benefit to WFH is no commute, desk to couch. The huge downside is the amount I eat when I'm in the kitchen and there's boxes of sweets within easy reach, even the ones I don't like get eaten.

Nearly wine time lads tf.

Too bad you didn't think about that before you ran off with my brother tedo

:pac:

Ooooh scandal!!!

I'll attempt to smooth past that with a sunset and a happy doggo.. but it probably won't attach.

537662.jpg

OMG what a photo!

OMG what a photo!

Thanks Grem! I'm delighted it came out so well. It was a very cold but very beautiful evening at the beach.

Oooh content-est doggo in the world fotie there BB. :)
    I went for the longest walk this afternoon, on my own, no tunes or nothing - just wanted to plod for a few hours. The number of cute puppies (and imaginary puppy-nappings I was involved in) was off the charts.

Couchside, waiting for pizza to arrive. We ordered three: my fav, his fav and a pretend share one also for me :pac:

Thinking about way back when I used to be ultra busy and professional and travel and present and hire and mentor people a lot, still manage to work out and brush my hair, organize dry cleaning and stuff and wondering how I have now gone from there to [get up, walk, hit couch, eat] being a legitimately full day :o

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Thinking about way back when I used to be ultra busy and professional and travel and present and hire and mentor people a lot, still manage to work out and brush my hair, organize dry cleaning and stuff and wondering how I have now gone from there to [get up, walk, hit couch, eat] being a legitimately full day :o

I'm in the same boat Cali.

Thanks Cali Girl!!

Your post has me laughing. I like your style with the spare pizza (and also the dog nappings :pac: )

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement