Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) How are you all? Busy Auto here and
    only one day of work left in 2020 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Oooh content-est doggo in the world fotie there BB. :)
    I went for the longest walk this afternoon, on my own, no tunes or nothing - just wanted to plod for a few hours. The number of cute puppies (and imaginary puppy-nappings I was involved in) was off the charts.

Couchside, waiting for pizza to arrive. We ordered three: my fav, his fav and a pretend share one also for me :pac:

Thinking about way back when I used to be ultra busy and professional and travel and present and hire and mentor people a lot, still manage to work out and brush my hair, organize dry cleaning and stuff and wondering how I have now gone from there to [get up, walk, hit couch, eat] being a legitimately full day :o

*hears the word pizza *

XnYzLq.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tired Graces. Home is lovely and warm so am sinking sleepwards..

Stay safe, stay strong; stay well and stay warm..

*hears the word pizza *

Whisht, I'm trying to listen to Micheal :P

Here, slice of the spare Margarita?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Favourite chair, relaxing after painting three pieces of art - one of these I’m selling to a friend. :)

Was meant to meet an old friend for a walk in the Phoenix Park today but as I had a bad tummy ache I had to take a rain check. Hopefully tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've just made the mistake of checking the news. What a nightmare.

Alcohol required stat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Drinking here anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Drinking here anyway

Cheers ... Belgian beers here...and a hibiki whiskey to follow methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've just made the mistake of checking the news. What a nightmare.

Alcohol required stat.

Mental stuff altogether Legs. You could see it coming though. Shops were packed today, so we decided against it. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.:eek: I started on a drink after the six one news! My hopes and dreams for the start of 2021 have been buried for now. Alcohol is the temporary solution.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Mental stuff altogether Legs. You could see it coming though. Shops were packed today, so we decided against it. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.:eek: I started on a drink after the six one news! My hopes and dreams for the start of 2021 have been buried for now. Alcohol is the temporary solution.:D

I had to go into my local town today with 3 shops I needed to visit.
    All 3 were closed.
    I bet a lot of places got stung, not planning on opening until say tomorrow or Friday and now they're been shut long term.
    I hope you at least got to collect your cheque, sir :)

To thine own self be true

It's nice to have so many drinkers here, apparently drinking on your own is a bad sign. :cool:

Cheers!

I had to go into my local town today with 3 shops I needed to visit.
    All 3 were closed.
    I bet a lot of places got stung, not planning on opening until say tomorrow or Friday and now they're been shut long term.
    I hope you at least got to collect your cheque, sir :)

We got the dough alright. I felt like Dick Turpin with the mask on.:D In a funny/twisted way, its great that nothing will be open so we can't spend it, but utterly sad all the same where we are at now.
    It's nice to have so many drinkers here, apparently drinking on your own is a bad sign. :cool:

Cheers!

Cheers! I'm not strictly alone, but technically I am, as in the kitchen, on the laptop and sinking a beer. Mrs G is in the sitting room watching telly and Ms G is discussing the extended school closure online in her tech den. That's alone enough as I can get right now!

Stand and deliver G, your money or your life!

There's some earworm for ye now.

Stand and deliver G, your money or your life!

There's some earworm for ye now.

Ah bollox!:D The Dandy highway man himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Too bad you didn't think about that before you ran off with my brother tedo

You leave Duvet alone, you big bully, or I'll sticky that should cats be banned thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You leave Duvet alone, you big bully, or I'll sticky that should cats be banned thread.

You no brother of mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching Oliver Callan on Rte 1.
    Very good so far.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

My hero 😘

Dragged myself off the couch and went to Tesco about an hour ago, couldn't leave it until after work tomorrow because I'd say it will be packed , in and out in about 30 mins , trolley full of proper grub,going to do a lovely dinner tomorrow evening ,loads of veg that will be done in the ham water as I'm putting that on at 7.30am. Just need to get through work and I'm going to eat and drink my way into the new year.

The silver lining to the lockdown is that the parties cannot go ahead for the younger crowd, it saves all the arguments and I can blame the government lol.
    Seriously though it had to be done, I'd say there were loads of plans for NYE , it would have been crazy.

Having a Rockshore, just the one as early start, I think this lockdown is hitting people hard , seems to be an air of defeat around, not that we don't accept it has to be done just that there seems no end in sight. Onwards and upwards lads.

You no brother of mine!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd disown my mother if we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Cheers!

You're never on your own when you post in here :D

• Advertisement

The only thing annoying me in the world right now is the bastard cat. The useless lump of furry crap has decided to keep her own timetable lately. The other pair don't get up at stupid o'clock to feed her and let her out for a piss or poo while waiting for her to come back in because "she's afraid of other cats and might get battered.":rolleyes: I DO! She may get a harsh lesson in life tonight, as I'm sick and tired of the middle of the night baloney over the last few weeks. Ms G just lets her out of her room and fecks off back to sleep. Mrs G insists on keeping our bedroom door open with the landing lamp on so the cat can come in and let us know she requires service. FFS! I love her to bits, but yet again she's acting the bollox tonight. It's a dumb cat at the end of the day. I need my sleep!

RMAOK wrote: »
    You're never on your own when you post in here :D

Ah, you're knocking them back too I see!

G, get up and look after the cat or Seph will ban you.

The only thing annoying me in the world right now is the bastard cat.

It's a dumb cat at the end of the day.

Someones getting baaannnneeedd!!!

:pac: :pac:

Could you put a nappy on her Grandee?😛

Someones getting baaannnneeedd!!!

:pac: :pac:

I don't care.:D

Watching Life Stinks (and it does) by Mel Brooks. The Cat hasn't pissed or done a poo or eaten and has fecked off upstairs somewhere until a servant looks after her in the morning or whenever. I REFUSE TO DO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Couchside. Had to eat the French Fancies as they go out of date tomorrow.
    Littlest minion turns 8 tomorrow so back to clean living after that.

Edit to say there were Frosty Fancies

Could you put a nappy on her Grandee?��

I'd be expected to change her at 3am!

Do you have a secure shed you can put her in at night with a bed and a litter tray?
    That's what we do with our one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I don't care.:D

Watching Life Stinks (and it does) by Mel Brooks. The Cat hasn't pissed or done a poo or eaten and has fecked off upstairs somewhere until a servant looks after her in the morning or whenever. I REFUSE TO DO IT!

Lol I feel your pain , except it's the dog here !
    Wrapping up in the early morning hours to wait until they're finished becomes annoying very quickly !

Do you have a secure shed you can put her in at night with a bed and a litter tray?
    That's what we do with our one.

She's a bone fide house cat. Can't survive outdoors. Local cats hate her because all they see is her sleeping in the window. (indoors).:D

• Advertisement

Is this is a new thing she might need to be checked by a vet.

I'm laughing at the idea of all the streetwise cats sneering in at her as she lazes on the window sill. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

She's a bone fide house cat. Can't survive outdoors. Local cats hate her because all they see is her sleeping in the window. (indoors).:D

Our cat has learned how to open the downstairs door, come up and open our bedroom door. Goes to Mr Sam's
    side and meows till he gets up. He gets brought downstairs and given some dreamies.

So from now on, door is locked. He has everything he needs downstairs.

Is this is a new thing she might need to be checked by a vet.

I'm laughing at the idea of all the streetwise cats sneering in at her as she lazes on the window sill. :D

She does this all the time during a holiday period. Gets out of our usual routine and invents her own. Yep she lounges in the window all winter and the streetwise cats try to batter her when she has to go out!

She does this all the time during a holiday period. Gets out of our usual routine and invents her own. Yep she lounges in the window all winter and the streetwise cats try to batter her when she has to go out!

They probably all just want to court her!

Your cat sounds like a prick tease! :pac:

I hope she has a resting bitch face.

This time tomorrow, this sh*t show year will be behind us.
    I don't usually go out anymore anyway on NYE because I think it's totally overrated but it's so hard to imagine that nobody will be going anywhere!

I don't usually go out anymore anyway on NYE because I think it's totally overrated but it's so hard to imagine that nobody will be going anywhere!

Most of next year won't be any better but let's concentrate on the light at the end of the tunnel.

*Exorcist voice*

"Come to the light."

I hope all your heads are spinning 360°. Someone needs to puke, another glass of wine and I'll take one for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It will be a relief to see the back of this year all right. I might stay in a drunken blur to see it out.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Our cat has learned how to open the downstairs door, come up and open our bedroom door. Goes to Mr Sam's
    side and meows till he gets up. He gets brought downstairs and given some dreamies.

So from now on, door is locked. He has everything he needs downstairs.

Dreamies are kitty crack! I was given some once; most are safe in a cupboard after the reaction.. Highly addictive. I will use them only if needing to eg get them into crates

My six cats come and go as they please. Each has a knock at the door that is all their own.
    They have great freedom out here ; no neighbours etc. A perfect place. And only one other cat on the island.

Just now I have a couple abed with me; wonderful on such a bitter night as this. They think I am keeping them warm! They have a higher body temp than I do

• Advertisement

I wrote elsewhere that we need to remember all the good and strong and kind folk of this year. All the help and support that has been given so readily and with so much caring in quiet ways..

Emergencies and hardship can bring out so much goodness. Light in the darkness

The beautiful generous hamper that arrived here and the message it contained is one example of this.. they were given to many old folk on their own. From llocal groups and the gaeltacht.

"2020 has been a very tough year so we want to give you this hamper so that you know you are not forgotten. We wish you a very happy Christmas and happy new year. Enjoy"

And I have been able to reach out to folk from this blessedly covid free oasis I am privileged to be in.

An old saying is that it takes only one small candle to destroy darkness and we have seen more than small candles! And I know many here have been a very real light to others

So let us honour 2020 for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It will be a relief to see the back of this year all right. I might stay in a drunken blur to see it out.

I don't know about 2020
    A lot of finding out about myself lockdown wasn't all bad at all for me

Deskside in the kitchen watching a gorgeous snow shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Deskside in the kitchen watching a gorgeous snow shower.

Must......resist...urge.....to...say....something........durty.....lol lol

gifted wrote: »

You're not the real gifted.

Return him at once !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Graces7 wrote: »
    I wrote elsewhere that we need to remember all the good and strong and kind folk of this year. All the help and support that has been given so readily and with so much caring in quiet ways..

Emergencies and hardship can bring out so much goodness. Light in the darkness

The beautiful generous hamper that arrived here and the message it contained is one example of this.. they were given to many old folk on their own. From llocal groups and the gaeltacht.

"2020 has been a very tough year so we want to give you this hamper so that you know you are not forgotten. We wish you a very happy Christmas and happy new year. Enjoy"

And I have been able to reach out to folk from this blessedly covid free oasis I am privileged to be in.

An old saying is that it takes only one small candle to destroy darkness and we have seen more than small candles! And I know many here have been a very real light to others

So let us honour 2020 for that.

Well said Graces.

So Egypt didn’t happen. Saw it coming. It was very last minute in fairness and maybe I’d have caught SuperCovid there, but that was an expensive trip to nowhere. But, I’m back home and won’t have an 15 hour trip on the 5th, so, could be worse. Kinda grrrrrr though. It will be still there next year though, and I’ll be travelling as soon as I can.

I’m an hour ahead here. When can we start drinking??

• Advertisement

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Well said Graces.

So Egypt didn’t happen. Saw it coming. It was very last minute in fairness and maybe I’d have caught SuperCovid there, but that was an expensive trip to nowhere. But, I’m back home and won’t have an 15 hour trip on the 5th, so, could be worse. Kinda grrrrrr though. It will be still there next year though, and I’ll be travelling as soon as I can.

I’m an hour ahead here. When can we start drinking??

Weissbeer, you need one after that experience!

I'm deskside with a cup of the sweet stuff

gifted wrote: »

Lol, you were up early. 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Lol, you were up early. 😛

Oh good god will you stop Duvet.....filthy you are lol lol

I'm always up..........

Early lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

I see conversations in here are as classy as always :pac:

Anyway, deskside here, working as normal today.

Has anyone else noticed time seemingly slow down as we get closer to the end of the day?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duvet , I'm surprised Gifted didn't offer you a sausage roll tbh ..

Coffee and toast time , toast made on the top of the cooker , nostalgia at its finest !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement