Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

Happy New Years Eve everyone. (I can't say that without sarcasm creeping in!)

I'd like to echo something a wise man said to me recently ...

I f*cking hate January!!!!

and this is gonna be the worst one yet. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happy 2021 New Zealand.....and Australia....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

You mean January comes next!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside looking at a tic tac toe program I wrote last year buttttt.......it don't work properly but I fierce chuffed with it at the time :D:D

Amen to that! a wise fella indeed!
    SnowyMay wrote: »
    You mean January comes next!?

No! no January this year, were skipping to May! :D :pac:

Deskside looking at a tic tac toe program I wrote last year buttttt.......it don't work properly but I fierce chuffed with it at the time :D:D

Amen to that! a wise fella indeed!

No! no January this year, were skipping to May! :D :pac:

Whoop. May it is. Deal. :)

What’s a tic tac toe program?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Refinding my love of bloody marys :D

Refinding my love of bloody marys :D

Thinking of margaritas for this year myself. Must buy limes. Posting may be a bit discombobulated later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Still in bed. Flaked out with a cold. Grunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I was just about to post saying it's a rotten horrible rainy day , but I've just looked out the window and it's turning to sleet .
    Dinner organised for tomorrow, Chinese takeaway tonight , our tradition sons treat , few games of cards and something to toast in the New Year , probably a can of Bulmers , sophisticated or what :pac:

Let's hope the coming year is a better one for us all :)
    (Can't really get much worse can it ?!)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I was just about to post saying it's a rotten horrible rainy day , but I've just looked out the window and it's turning to sleet .
    Dinner organised for tomorrow, Chinese takeaway tonight , our tradition sons treat , few games of cards and something to toast in the New Year , probably a can of Bulmers , sophisticated or what :pac:

Let's hope the coming year is a better one for us all :)
    (Can't really get much worse can it ?!)

Don't jinx it mam!

• Advertisement

Don't jinx it mam!

The only thing I'd jinx is myself Buile , believe me ...

The plan was to have a dozen people over to sit around our fire pit and enjoy some beverages, well we just had a torrential thunderstorm so the wood is soaking wet and the garden is a quagmire.

Time for plan “B”. . . Anyone see the plan list ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Gs nightclub has opened early! The tunes are playing and the doors are open. All welcome. The booze is on me!

IMG-20201231-172025.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sinking slowly in the west here. A year older is taking a huge toll... Listening to wind and rain and blessedly soon will turn the light out, assemble my cats, find a few chocolates, and sleep the New Year in …

Made my usual New Year trifle and it is wonderful....

Stay Safe! Stay well...

Tomorrow is another.... year...( can only say that once a year ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, chilling for a while after a very busy day getting household chores and some important admin/paperwork stuff done.

Some friends are organizing a Zoom session for 10.30pm this evening to ring in 2021 and bid good riddance to the sh*tshow that was 2020. I will probably join in at some stage, toasting 2021 with a doobie and a glass of bubbly Schloer. :o Will also have Jools Holland’s Hootenany show on the TV in the background also.

I haven’t gone out partying for New Years in any case in years - too much hassle and stress!

Wishing you all a very Happy, safe and peaceful 2021! :)��������

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Happy New year to everyone. Let's hope it's a great year with lots of hope, humility and compassion for each other. Down with the judgement and up with the empathy. That's my wish for the new year. Have a good night wherever you are. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year, surely it will get better in 2021 !!!

I got my wish from this time last year, that is that my Dad stays alive and kicking for another year...that's all I ask for every year !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sinking slowly in the west here. A year older is taking a huge toll... Listening to wind and rain and blessedly soon will turn the light out, assemble my cats, find a few chocolates, and sleep the New Year in …

Made my usual New Year trifle and it is wonderful....

Stay Safe! Stay well...

Tomorrow is another.... year...( can only say that once a year ;)

Stay safe (and warm) Graces...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Everyone sounds like they have something nice planned to mark the evening.
    I just spent an hour on the phone to two friends in other parts of the country, who because of Covid I haven't seen in 2020.
    That was my New Year celebrations in a way because I'm never one to do the whole midnight ring in the New Year stuff. I find it a bit naff, I'm a grumpy soul :)
    I'm going to finish the book I'm reading, find something new to watch on Netflix because I finished The Crown and maybe open the box of sweets I I promised I wouldn't eat.
    Happy New Year, internet friends :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Glitch....
    Unglitched ..

Happy New Year PM :)
    Enjoy your evening .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Happy New Year wherers, glad to see the back of 2020 and looking forward to brighter days at some point in 2021.
    I’m binge watching Spiral and in keeping with the French theme, drinking champagne ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy New Year my lovelies :). Finished work for 2020 and here’s to 2021 :)

I’ll be ringing in the new year with a glass of club orange and some Toffee fingers :)

Happy New Year ladies and gentlemen (and the rest of ye :p).

Just to wrap up the year, my mum called me as I was watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air and I answered just at the moment that Ashley shouts about that she wants to learn about sex. I nearly put the remote through the screen! :pac:

Anyhow, here’s to a better 2021. It’s there waiting for us. Have a good evening all.

Bouncers refusing people at the door here. The Chinese takeaway delivery got lost in the melee.:D Another beer and bangin tunes!

5 minutes to go, sitting by the fire pit, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. May we finally get out of this ****e

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In the cot after a giant bowl of crunchy nut corn flakes.. I'm not one for marking occasions but this time I hope all of you have health and peace.

In the cot after a giant bowl of crunchy nut corn flakes.. I'm not one for marking occasions but this time I hope all of you have health and peace.

Great you have a night off all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only came into my head now the Olympics is next year

Viewing figures will be high no doubt, its nice to have new sports to be look forward too. A bit sick of the usual sport nostalgia that's always on

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only came into my head now the Olympics is next year

Viewing figures will be high no doubt, its nice to have new sports to be look forward too. A bit sick of the usual sport nostalgia that's always on
    There will be no Olympics/Eurovision etc this year unless behind closed doors with zero spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Hello All
    Hope everyone is happy :)
    It has been surprisingly fun and healing talking to total strangers online especially in early 2020 ðŸ˜႒
    Just to say Happy 2021 to everyone. Most of all the poster Guy Person if he’s still here. I lost all my WhatsApp contacts and my old boards login so I can’t say it directly.

2020 for me was a ferocious year, I was lost back in January, full of loss and grief which I sometimes gurgled on about here as it’s anonymous.The kindness of strangers etc.

It only picked up from there on out, and for anyone suffering or struggling now, know that things will pick up for you, too.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIjsa85UVk&feature=share

• Advertisement

There will be no Olympics/Eurovision etc this year unless behind closed doors with zero spectators.

We can be positive :)

We can be positive :)

We have a wedding to plan :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae
    SnowyMay wrote: »
    Whoop. May it is. Deal. :)

What’s a tic tac toe program?

You know O AND X?

I rarely mark New Years, but enjoy the Eve build up with beers and food. I may not even be awake in 70 odd minutes. Mrs G gone to the pit to warm it up. Ms G staying up to mark it online with friends. I still have the lights on and the tunes playing though!

^^^oooh a day out to look forward to :D

Happy New Year all, I've decided it's gonna be a grower/slow burn kind of year, but it will get there... I hope it's good for all of you.
    Fingers crossed I'll be asleep as 2020 goes out and starting 2021 with 8 hours of beauty sleep behind me. :)

Deskside with a cupan tae

You know O AND X?

Oh. Gotcha. That's cool!!

Fireworks are kicking off here. 5 minutes to midnight. Allllllmost there!

Cali_girl wrote: »
    ^^^oooh a day out to look forward to :D

Happy New Year all, I've decided it's gonna be a grower/slow burn kind of year, but it will get there... I hope it's good for all of you.
    Fingers crossed I'll be asleep as 2020 goes out and starting 2021 with 8 hours of beauty sleep behind me. :)

I'm aiming for a slow burn year too. Step by step up to May/June and then hopefully lift off. Like you, I reckon I'll be crashed out before midnight. That said we had a great feckin night here and Ms G is still rockin online with friends. Mrs G has crashed.:D

Evening all, couchside with wine for a change. ☺️ I had a lovely evening, lovely dinner with my gang ( because they can't go anywhere else lol), watching The Eagles on TG4, slightly maudlin but in good form. I normally don't like NYE and never go out for it but tonight I just think I'm going with the flow, what will be will be.
    There's gonna be a heartache tonight a heartache tonight I know..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Couchside with minions and Mr Sam.
    Littlest minion turned 8 today so had a fun day at home. All tired now..
    Happy New Year wherers, may 2021 be kind and generous to all xx

20 minutes left, has Mam opened the cider yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

What's another year? :pac:

Gonna heat the grub and wish you all a Happy New Year and a half Happy 2021 because lets be real, the first half looks bleak, but we'll get there folks! I reckon we should do another NYE in July.:eek: Stay cool folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

20 minutes left, has Mam opened the cider yet ?

Given how 2020 has been I'd be surprised if she has any cider left :pac:

My own alcohol reserves are effectively depleted ad this point, and this is coming from someone who rarely drinks at home :eek:

Anyway, counting down the minutes here, bubbly stuff at the ready :)

Happy New Year, Wherers past & present!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....watching some creepy singer on rte singing....anyone got some spare crystal meth?

Happy New Year!!!!

gifted wrote: »
    Couch....watching some creepy singer on rte singing....anyone got some spare crystal meth?

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year wherers!

Happy New Year everyone, stay happy and smiling and we'll all get there in the end :)

Duvet , yep , opened it , one glass , that was enough , need to find a drink I actually like :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Marking the new year with a glass of Baileys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Happy New Year wherers!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement