Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using a splitter - coaxial connections advice

• 28-10-2020 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

I put a saorview aerial in my attic and added a splitter with my LNB cable to get to my TV. At my receiver end I have a another splitter, the signal works fine.

I have the receiver sitting on a small floating table so there's not a lot of extra room. In the picture below you will see that I tried doing with short coax lengths but this has lead to I being a bit jammed at the back of the receiver and causing space issues. Using longer lengths would mean I leave the splitter sitting on top of the box. Any ideas appreciated.

The screw in coaxials the end where the connecter attaches is loose enough and can all pop out easily - see marked red rectangles. What's the best way to connect these so they are tight? By contrast for the non screw in one there is a little screwing the connector that keeps the coaxial tight - red circle.

luk1Sj.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

At the single cable side of the splitter I would use a right-angle f-connector, it would remove that cable bend.

To secure the f-connectors to their cables just use a piece of black insulating tape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Can't you just screw that diplexer unit to the wall using the holes provided on it and use longer cables?

My guess is the F connector is too loose on the combined incoming cable. The inside threaded hole is too big for the cable diameter from the photo. The others look better and should be tight enough but they aren't designed to be pulled and have limited mechanical strength.

The way I did it was to have a combiner in the loft and the diplexer of the combined SAT/DTT signal as a face plate on the wall. Then I have both cables running from the wall to the reciever.

Advertisement