If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55BX6LB

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

thanks for the posts and we do not generally price beat against SSAV as they generally do not offer TV delivery to Ireland - at the moment on the OLED 55BX it is only available to purchase instore at one of their branches and I don't think you can actually purchase it for delivery.

JLP are similar - they charge a minimum of £60 for NI delivery and they do not offer ROI delivery - again we would not price match that offer as they do not deliver to Ireland at the advertised price.

Our current offer is 1349€ including delivery or £1199 £1099+ £6.99 delivery with £100 in RS vouchers.

On the 65CX we are at £2299 £1999+ £6.99 delivery with £100 in RS vouchers or 2549€ including delivery - we can tweak this for you to £2099 + £6.99 delivery net ( ie no vouchers) or 2369€ including delivery - all pricing includes our 6 year guarantee.

Hope that's helpful but as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

thanks for the posts and we do not generally price beat against SSAV as they generally do not offer TV delivery to Ireland - at the moment on the OLED 55BX it is only available to purchase instore at one of their branches and I don't think you can actually purchase it for delivery.

JLP are similar - they charge a minimum of £60 for NI delivery and they do not offer ROI delivery - again we would not price match that offer as they do not deliver to Ireland at the advertised price.

Our current offer is 1349€ including delivery or £1199 £1099+ £6.99 delivery with £100 in RS vouchers.

On the 65CX we are at £2299 £1999+ £6.99 delivery with £100 in RS vouchers or 2549€ including delivery - we can tweak this for you to £2099 + £6.99 delivery net ( ie no vouchers) or 2369€ including delivery - all pricing includes our 6 year guarantee.

Hope that's helpful but as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    In the past the price beat promise applied to competitors that will deliver to the island of Ireland, regardless of whether they deliver to the Republic or Northern Ireland. That's how it was last year, that so long as the deliver to this island, even to Northern Ireland, the price beat will also apply to customers in the South as Richersounds Northern Ireland treats both sides of the border equally. If they offer free delivery to Northern Ireland or have a store within 50 miles of Richersounds store the price beat should apply to Republic customers too. That has always been the way in the past with Richersounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    thanks john!

Loughrey,

I have been with RS in Ireland since day one and that has never been the case - whenever possible we will agree on pricing but the offer regarding guarantee / currency / delivery has to be comparable.

If you find a cheaper deal on a product we will happily beat it if it is the same as our offering - but having to drive to England to collect a 55" TV from a store is not the same as having it delivered to your door in Ireland with a 6 year at home guarantee included.

You can check out our simple pricebeat T's and C's here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Loughrey,

I have been with RS in Ireland since day one and that has never been the case - whenever possible we will agree on pricing but the offer regarding guarantee / currency / delivery has to be comparable.

If you find a cheaper deal on a product we will happily beat it if it is the same as our offering - but having to drive to England to collect a 55" TV from a store is not the same as having it delivered to your door in Ireland with a 6 year at home guarantee included.

You can check out our simple pricebeat T's and C's here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    It even says on that link: "[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]We only pricebeat retailers that ship to the island of Ireland". It doesn't mention the Republic of Ireland, but the island of Ireland, nor does it mention comparable delivery in the Terms and conditions, only that it must ship to the island of Ireland. So it means if they will offer free shipping to Northern Ireland and that it satisfies the conditions for a customer in the North, customers in the South should be able to avail of that too as it meets the criteria of the 'island of Ireland'. I have had price beats in the past this way from UK retailers with Richersounds. [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the prompt response John. I am going to go ahead with the £1,099 purchase.

Loughrey,

thanks again for that - again, we do always will try to match or beat any offer - but we do not guarantee to price beat a UK price for delivery into NI or ROI unless the offer from the other retailer is comparable to our offering - ie if a retailer only delivers to NI with a additional £60 delivery charge - we do not guarantee to price beat the offer excluding the delivery charge.

As I am sure you are aware delivery to NI or ROI does have a significant cost especially when it comes to large screen TV. 

We do also look after that product locally in NI or ROI for our Customers for the next 6 years if it is a TV - Again we do try our best to get the pips squeaking on price if we have a pricebeat that does not strictly qualify - but currency, spec, offer and guarantee do have to be broadly like for like. 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Loughrey,

thanks again for that - again, we do always will try to match or beat any offer - but we do not guarantee to price beat a UK price for delivery into NI or ROI unless the offer from the other retailer is comparable to our offering - ie if a retailer only delivers to NI with a additional £60 delivery charge - we do not guarantee to price beat the offer excluding the delivery charge.

As I am sure you are aware delivery to NI or ROI does have a significant cost especially when it comes to large screen TV. 

We do also look after that product locally in NI or ROI for our Customers for the next 6 years if it is a TV - Again we do try our best to get the pips squeaking on price if we have a pricebeat that does not strictly qualify - but currency, spec, offer and guarantee do have to be broadly like for like. 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply John. Yes, I understand that in cases where delivery is charged to Northern Ireland customers that the price beat doesn't apply. It has to include free delivery to Northern Ireland for customers on both sides of the border to take advantage of the price best offer.

..almost!

If a retailer offers free or chargeable delivery with a comparable offer to NI no problem doing a price beat to NI - we are happy to price beat including their delivery charge.

If the retailer does not deliver to ROI that does not qualify automatically for our price beat for ROI delivery but as ever we will do our best to sharpen our price especially for Boardies,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

..almost!

If a retailer offers free or chargeable delivery with a comparable offer to NI no problem doing a price beat to NI - we are happy to price beat including their delivery charge.

If the retailer does not deliver to ROI that does not qualify automatically for our price beat for ROI delivery but as ever we will do our best to sharpen our price especially for Boardies,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

That's the issue I'm having as nowhere in the link you have me does it mention anything about ROI or comparable delivery. The only thing it stipulates is that it must ship to the island of Ireland, it doesn't specify that it must deliver directly to your home. It only mentions a comparable warranty etc.

These are the terms, I don't see what you mention about comparable delivery or that they must specifically deliver to ROI. It should be clearly stated in the terms but it isn't, it specifies 'island of Ireland' which implies that the bosses of Richersounds only require that they deliver to the island of Ireland:

We only pricebeat retailers that ship to the island of Ireland

• Products must be brand new, boxed, carry a comparable warranty and be in stock at time of purchase.

• If a product is not available to mail order then the retailer must have an outlet within 50 miles of the Richer Sounds store you are purchasing from.

• If a product can’t be collected locally the Price Beat must include P&P.

• We must be able to verify stocks.

• Price Beat only valid against products from authorised UK/ ROI stores/websites including costco and other members only retailers - we specifically exclude retailers that only accept BACS payments.

• Price Beat excludes special orders.

• Accessories under £50 we will Price MATCH only.

• On all 'Pre-order' products if the price is reduced, up to and including 14 days after delivery has taken place, we will honour the reduction in price. If the price increases we will honour the original pre-order price.

• In order to qualify, products must be like for like with regards to currency, offer, specification, colour & condition. E&OE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlanCasseb

..almost!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

just sent a PM re. a price match since the forum won't allow me to post links yet.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

AlanCasseb wrote: »
    ..almost!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

just sent a PM re. a price match since the forum won't allow me to post links yet.

Thanks.
    We'll look at that ASAP AlanCasseb

loughrey wrote: »
    ..almost!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

That's the issue I'm having as nowhere in the link you have me does it mention anything about ROI or comparable delivery. The only thing it stipulates is that it must ship to the island of Ireland, it doesn't specify that it must deliver directly to your home. It only mentions a comparable warranty etc.
    Hi again Loughrey,

the offer has to be the same - ie if a retailer delivers to NI but not to ROI - that is a different offer:

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]• In order to qualify, products must be like for like with regards to currency, offer, specification, colour & condition. E&OE.[/font] 

To be fair to us - I don't think many retailers will automatically guarantee to price beat a product that includes a delivery and service agreement to one jurisdiction in another jurisdiction and we have never guaranteed to do this since I have been with the company.

...again we will do our best, and we do price-beats locally in Ireland 10's of times daily - but we do try not to guarantee something that we can't stand over and it is not something that is going to change at the moment.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi again Loughrey,

the offer has to be the same - ie if a retailer delivers to NI but not to ROI - that is a different offer:

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]• In order to qualify, products must be like for like with regards to currency, offer, specification, colour & condition. E&OE.[/font] 

To be fair to us - I don't think many retailers will automatically guarantee to price beat a product that includes a delivery and service agreement to one jurisdiction in another jurisdiction and we have never guaranteed to do this since I have been with the company.

...again we will do our best, and we do price-beats locally in Ireland 10's of times daily - but we do try not to guarantee something that we can't stand over and it is not something that is going to change at the moment.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

To be fair John, that should be clearly stated in the terms and conditions but it's not. Anyone would assume that 'must ship to the island of Ireland' without any qualifier that it must include delivery specifically to your home to mean that so long as they ship to this Island then thar qualifies customers from both sides of the border, as you have an Irish domain and have both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland customers so these differences should be specified in the terms, as 'Island of Ireland' implies just that, the entire geographical island rather than either of the two countries on the island. I'm not talking about what other retailers do, you're the guys who created the confusing price beat terms that without specifying what you're telling me here. So it would do well got both you and your customers to make that clarification in the terms as using 'Island of Ireland' will naturally lead to a lot of confusion and misunderstandings for customers. It should say something like, 'for Republic of Ireland customers our UK competitor must ship to the Republic of Ireland'.

No problem Loughrey,

we are happy to clarify this in our terms and conditions for you. 

...However an offer from a retailer to deliver to NI is not the same as an offer to deliver to ROI and again our pricebeat T's and C' do state that the 'offer' must be like for like and I'm sure that you realise this from a cost and ongoing guarantee implication.

-  contrary to your earlier post we have never guaranteed to price beat under these terms as long as I have been with the company, we have always treated each price beat individually depending on price, availability, delivery, guarantee, currency and specification.

..again if you are looking for a specific product we will do our best for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

No problem Loughrey,

we are happy to clarify this in our terms and conditions for you. 

...However an offer from a retailer to deliver to NI is not the same as an offer to deliver to ROI and again our pricebeat T's and C' do state that the 'offer' must be like for like and I'm sure that you realise this from a cost and ongoing guarantee implication.

-  contrary to your earlier post we have never guaranteed to price beat under these terms as long as I have been with the company, we have always treated each price beat individually depending on price, availability, delivery, guarantee, currency and specification.

..again if you are looking for a specific product we will do our best for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John for the reply. My point is why does it mention the Island of Ireland and why not simply say that it must offer delivery specifically to your address? There is only one mention of delivery in those terms and it only specifies 'Island of Ireland'. In the list of like-for-like delivery isn't one of the things mentioned and there is no distinction at all made between delivery to the Republic of Ireland and delivery to Northern Ireland. It's a very confusing page and would lead to a lot of frustration and disappointment for potential customers when it seems as if Richersounds is moving the goal posts with regards to their terms. I doubt I will get cheaper for the CX than Richersounds so I'm not too worried but I'm speaking for the sale of others who might find a retailer who will deliver to Northern Ireland and assume they can avail of the same offer as Northern Ireland customers because of the 'Island of Ireland' stipulation. I'm a little disappointed about the confusion with those terms and the lack of clarity on that page. In general it would mean that at least for ROI customers the price beat if a bit of a gimmick as most if not all UK retailers don't ship anything directly to ROI and there's no way any retailer in the ROI can compete with a larger market UK retailer like Richersounds on price as we have a much small market than the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi John
    Thats a great deal, would the bx be a big upgrade to the B8 i got from you?  Nervous about upgrading as the B8 is a great tv and has perfect panel but if its a big upgrade would definitely consider it.  Used mainly for tv/movies no gaming.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

Watching the OLED55CX price drops for a while now, they seem to be following the same pattern as per the C8, C9 models in recent years.
    Got a raft of Pricespy price drop notifications today showing a £100 drop on the CX models, are Richer expecting a drop in your CX prices this week too - dropping the OLED55CX to £1299?
    Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Loughrey,

TBH I'm not going to spend the rest of the evening answering more posts regarding our price beat - across several specific product threads that you have raised your issue in - it is not fair to hijack other Boardies threads which relate to specific product queries - by all means open a fresh thread or you are always free to email me directly at johnmc@richersounds.ie or our Customer services department in the UK.

I will answer here finally again tho' :) 

1: This has never been an issue, to be fair to our Customers, generally they do understand that what is outlined in our Price Beat page includes all aspects of a retail offer - it's not just about who is the cheapest: 

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]2: [/font]You stated in an earlier post that we used to pricebeat irrespective of delivery address - this is incorrect.

3. We have not moved the 'goalposts' we have always had the same policy since I joined the company - if Customers have suffered 'a lot of frustration and disappointment' as a result of your reading of the price beat- I'm pretty sure I'd know about it - I'm not that removed from the coal-face and as you can see I'm pretty easy to get access to..

4. I have already acted on your feedback and changed our price beat page to read:
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]In order to qualify, products must be like-for-like with regards to currency, offer, specification, delivery, colour & condition. E&OE.[/font]

(My highlight on 'delivery') - Thanks for your feedback and hopefully you are happy with the amendment and clarification

5. On the specific price beat on this thread - one retailer does not deliver large screen TV to Ireland NI or ROI.

The second retailer delivers only to NI with a £60 additional charge on that product - we are happy to price beat that retailer when their additional charge for NI delivery is taken into account. 

For ROI delivery - that retailer does not deliver the product to the ROI and they do not offer an 'at home' 6 year TV guarantee to the ROI - we do offer a 6 year 'at home 'guarantee - I understand that you are unhappy with us but the two offers are just not the same offer and we have never agreed to price-beat on that basis - I do understand your issue is with us, but I'm certain no other retailer in our industry would guarantee to price-beat on such a basis.   

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]6. [/font]Finally, I'll repeat again, we DO always try to price beat whenever possible, irrespective of all the T's and C's - we are here to do business and we normally can wrangle a deal to most Customers satisfaction but we won't knowingly guarantee to something that we may not be able to follow through on - hopefully our immediate update to our pricebeat page is an indication that we do take your disappointment and feedback seriously.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

PCDub wrote: »
    Hi John
    Thats a great deal, would the bx be a big upgrade to the B8 i got from you?  Nervous about upgrading as the B8 is a great tv and has perfect panel but if its a big upgrade would definitely consider it.  Used mainly for tv/movies no gaming.
    cheers
    PC,

Long Time - how are you keeping?

The BX is an upgrade but TBH I don't think it is a MASSIVE upgrade - you could check with David our manager as he has a B8 and we have a BX on display so he could give you a better opinion - however, personally if you are happy with the B8 I would hold fire and see where the CX goes over the next few weeks / months as that would be a really significant upgrade to justify breaking the piggy bank!

Great to hear from you PC and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Loughrey,

TBH I'm not going to spend the rest of the evening answering more posts regarding our price beat - across several specific product threads that you have raised your issue in - it is not fair to hijack other Boardies threads which relate to specific product queries - by all means open a fresh thread or you are always free to email me directly at johnmc@richersounds.ie or our Customer services department in the UK.

I will answer here finally again tho' :) 

1: This has never been an issue, to be fair to our Customers, generally they do understand that what is outlined in our Price Beat page includes all aspects of a retail offer - it's not just about who is the cheapest: 

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]2: [/font]You stated in an earlier post that we used to pricebeat irrespective of delivery address - this is incorrect.

3. We have not moved the 'goalposts' we have always had the same policy since I joined the company - if Customers have suffered 'a lot of frustration and disappointment' as a result of your reading of the price beat- I'm pretty sure I'd know about it - I'm not that removed from the coal-face and as you can see I'm pretty easy to get access to..

4. I have already acted on your feedback and changed our price beat page to read:
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]In order to qualify, products must be like-for-like with regards to currency, offer, specification, delivery, colour & condition. E&OE.[/font]

(My highlight on 'delivery') - Thanks for your feedback and hopefully you are happy with the amendment and clarification

5. On the specific price beat on this thread - one retailer does not deliver large screen TV to Ireland NI or ROI.

The second retailer delivers only to NI with a £60 additional charge on that product - we are happy to price beat that retailer when their additional charge for NI delivery is taken into account. 

For ROI delivery - that retailer does not deliver the product to the ROI and they do not offer an 'at home' 6 year TV guarantee to the ROI - we do offer a 6 year 'at home 'guarantee - I understand that you are unhappy with us but the two offers are just not the same offer and we have never agreed to price-beat on that basis - I do understand your issue is with us, but I'm certain no other retailer in our industry would guarantee to price-beat on such a basis.   

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]6. [/font]Finally, I'll repeat again, we DO always try to price beat whenever possible, irrespective of all the T's and C's - we are here to do business and we normally can wrangle a deal to most Customers satisfaction but we won't knowingly guarantee to something that we may not be able to follow through on - hopefully our immediate update to our pricebeat page is an indication that we do take your disappointment and feedback seriously.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

In all this time you have failed to specify where it specifically states that is must that the delivery must be comparable.

"In order to qualify, products must be like for like with regards to currency, offer, specification, colour & condition. E&OE".

This reference does not mention delivery.

I'm not hijacking a post, I'm a serious customer interested in handing you people over a thousand pounds very soon so it's very important to me and I'm sure the issue I raise is important to the OP and others board members will have made price beat requests and naturally want to understand how a very confusing terms and conditions works, specifically as Black Friday is on tut horizon and these requests here will become more common. If you had simply specified exactly where in the link you shared that the terms you mention here such as comparable delivery and delivery specifically to the ROI rather than the island of Ireland more generally I'd be happy to concede that I misunderstood things but you haven't and there is no such reference in the official price beat page so that's the point I'm pressing. The reference you did make regarding like-for-like as quoted above gives many stipulations but there is no reference to delivery in the like-for-like stipulation. So I think it would be fair to request clarification from the bosses about the point I raise as it's not so clear.

Loughrey,

I really am happy to work with Customers but our pricebeat page is clear - the offer has to be ' like for like' - delivery to NI is not the same as delivery to ROI - the specifics are two companies that do not deliver into the ROI and do not offer an extended 'at home' warranty into the ROI.

the terms 'offer' and 'like-for-like' encompass not just price but all aspects of a retail transaction.

..As per my previous post I have already clarified and published the T's and C's on our price beat page, for you, to include specifically, 'delivery

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Loughrey,

I really am happy to work with Customers but our pricebeat page is clear - the offer has to be ' like for like' - delivery to NI is not the same as delivery to ROI - the specifics are two companies that do not deliver into the ROI and do not offer an extended 'at home' warranty into the ROI.

the terms 'offer' and 'like-for-like' encompass not just price but all aspects of a retail transaction.

..As per my previous post I have already clarified and published the T's and C's on our price beat page, for you, to include specifically, 'delivery

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

The reference you have kindly shared with me specifies the limits to the link-for-like with the words 'with regards to', laying out exactly what must be a like-for-like. If delivery had to be a like-for-like, especially considering your customers come from two different regions where it cannot be assumed every potential buyer is from the same region, surely delivery would be specified along with currency, condition etc. but it's not as you can read here:

"In order to qualify, products must be like for like with regards to currency, offer, specification, colour & condition."

Thanks Loughrey,

We will have to agree to disagree, - We took your feedback on board - the word delivery is now included for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks Loughrey,

We will have to agree to disagree, - We took your feedback on board - the word delivery is now included for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I appreciate that John. I'm not trying to be a troll as I'm looking forward to buying a CX from your in two weeks. I didn't bank on a price beat anyway as you guys generally give the best offers to begin with and we in the Republic are very grateful to have you guys offering us such great service and pricing, I just wanted to press it in tut interest of other customers because it was naturally a little confusing when it simply said 'Island of Ireland'. I had assumed from that that as long as you are in the island of Ireland and they ship to Ireland, you guys extend the same price beat to everyone on tut island of Ireland without specific difference on delivery policies. Naturally, I wouldn't expect that this should be the way but I assumed it was just one more way Richer Sounds puts customers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, so I ordered this today for £1,099 + £6.99 but no mention of the voucher, will that just be delivered as standard with the tv?

sibersha wrote: »
    Hi @Pete and @Sibersha,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, so I ordered this today for £1,099 + £6.99 but no mention of the voucher, will that just be delivered as standard with the tv?
    Sibersha,

apologies this is not set up on our system..

Just drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie with your name/ product etc and the guys will add it your account for you no problem :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi AppleMacBoy,

of course it depends on where you are based - those advertised prices don't include delivery prices - our delivery is included in our Euro price or just £6.99 if you purchase in GBP.

C & M for instance charge an additional £99 for NI delivery:
    https://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/shipping-information

LE Concepts - really difficult to check their shipping but it looks like £80 for NI and £179 for ROI:
    https://www.leconcepts.com/delivery-information

If you include the shipping to your destination - we are happy to price-beat no problem but we are at £1399 - Plus we are offering £100 of Richer Sounds vouchers against any future purchase, and again our delivery is just £6.99...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.