Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one s

Options
  • 28-10-2020 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

i picked up an x box one s last week to play 4k blu-rays and it does a great job. I didnt get a controller but im tempted to pick one up and try out some games. Are there 4k hdr games for the x box one s available? ive read it does hdr for games but not 4k? son has a ps4 so im not sure if its worth starting to buy games on the xbox.. connected to 4k hdr compatible projector.

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

Xbox One S has an upper limit of 1080p for native games .. in fact most games run at somewhat below that. It will output a 4K signal but internally the games are rendering at 1080p or lower. 900p often.

There's a service called Gamepass which is basically netflix for games - 100s of titles to choose from for a small monthly fee. Might be worth looking into if you just want to test the waters. There are tricks to get it cheaper also, see the main Gamepass thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭micks_address

Xbox One S has an upper limit of 1080p for native games .. in fact most games run at somewhat below that. It will output a 4K signal but internally the games are rendering at 1080p or lower. 900p often.

There's a service called Gamepass which is basically netflix for games - 100s of titles to choose from for a small monthly fee. Might be worth looking into if you just want to test the waters. There are tricks to get it cheaper also, see the main Gamepass thread.

Thanks I'm trying to source a reasonably priced controller first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks I'm trying to source a reasonably priced controller first

Keep an eye on Argos, they have them at ,25e every now and again

Advertisement