Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother and 2 children dead - Ballinteer (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options
  • 28-10-2020 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

This type of story is becoming alarmingly present.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1028/1174455-bodies-found-in-dublin/

Shocking stuff again. Poor family.

We're not having another debacle like the last thread where repeated mod warnings not to speculate were ignored to the point that thread had to be closed and 20 cards were handed out

Don't speculate

If you do you will receive a forum ban

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ah jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's absolutely shocking stuff, the poor little kids, they should be looking forward to the rest of their lives. I don't want to speculate about what happened, but may all 3 R.I.P.

Becoming all too common these tragedies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Be right back

Awful news. The poor family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

This type of story is becoming alarmingly present.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1028/1174455-bodies-found-in-dublin/

Shocking stuff again. Poor family.

God, there has a been a few awful ones recent. That woman and child from Lucan was only last week. And almost forgot the nurse and children in Newcastle.

RIP to the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh no! R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It's hard not to get overwhelmed by all these tragic incidences lately.

Between the Lucan tragedy last week, the Kanturk shootings the other day and now this dreadful situation, you would despair at how the country has gone.

RIP to all concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Poor kids. May they rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is it too much to have a bit of respect for the deceased and their loved ones and not speculate?

We don’t know what happened, it could be any number of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

RIP, A thought also for all the emergency services who are dealing with the incident now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

There is nothing sadder that a child's death. Rip to them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Awful for their family, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, and being honest few actually care, we’re all shocked, speculating etc, but how many of us would actually help someone else? We don’t know what happened in this case, just that a family have lost 3 members and their world turned upside down. RIP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

We're not having another debacle like the last thread where repeated mod warnings not to speculate were ignored to the point that thread had to be closed and 20 cards were handed out

Don't speculate

If you do you will receive a forum ban

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is it too much to have a bit of respect for the deceased and their loved ones and not speculate?

We don’t know what happened, it could be any number of things.

This. As we speak there are people related to and closely connected to the deceased completely unaware their loved ones are gone forever. These people are about to have their lives turned upside down forever. Show some decorum and respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

justshane wrote: »
    RIP, A thought also for all the emergency services who are dealing with the incident now.

Well said. Must be horrifying to have to deal with something like that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

E36Ross wrote: »
    Give it a few minutes and we'll have all the Detective Columbos here with there brief synopsis on what they believe happened just like the other thread.

RIP to all involved.

There's absolutely nothing strange or uncommon about what's about to unfold in this thread. It would be much MUCH more strange if nobody speculated, guessed, wondered or even cared what actually happened!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This is terrible. Those poor kids.

A tragedy of unfathomable proportion. Two of them now in quick succession. I have nothing more to say except RIP to the deceased and god help their loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Mod actions can be discussed via PM with a mod, or in feedback / help desk as appropriate. Discussion of forum policy is off topic and doesnt belong in this thread.

Posts deleted in line with this.

Further breaches will be deleted and cards / bans issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Tough.
    Poor family.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

It's hard not to get overwhelmed by all these tragic incidences lately.

Between the Lucan tragedy last week, the Kanturk shootings the other day and now this dreadful situation, you would despair at how the country has gone.

RIP to all concerned.

I stopped watching the news a few months ago because I was sick of Brexit and Covid. Looks like I've missed a few shocking weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

_Brian wrote: »
    Tough.
    Poor family.

Those left behind must be so confused and feel abandoned that Somebody thought this was the only way out.

RIP

No speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

McCrack wrote: »
    No speculation

Mod

Stay out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Too many tragic incidents recently. Makes you think how much of a tough job the Emergency Services have. It's Just awful. Rest In Peace to them all and strength to their loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What kind of animal would do this, is my only thought. Awful.

Hopefully the police can solve this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Borgo wrote: »
    Too many tragic incidents recently. Makes you think how much of a tough job the Emergency Services have. It's Just awful. Rest In Peace to them all and strength to their loved ones.

Wasnt there a female Garda who was the first to respond to something similar to this a few years back? Her head just wasnt right afterwards, slipped into depression or PTSD and never returned to work. You would want to have a head of rocks to be dealing with this stuff on a day to day basis and not have it affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

You also have to wonder why the Armed Support Gardai called and broke into the couse when it was a note by neighbours to say they hadn’t seen the family out in a few days - during a lockdown when schools are shut.

I’ve had burglarers IN my house and break-in’s when the people have ‘escaped’ into the garden - and I am still waiting for the gaurds to show up.

God help their poor families.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You also have to wonder why the Armed Support Gardai called and broke into the couse when it was a note by neighbours to say they hadn’t seen the family out in a few days - during a lockdown when schools are shut.

I’ve had burglarers IN my house and break-in’s when the people have ‘escaped’ into the garden - and I am still waiting for the gaurds to show up.

God help their poor families.

Because they carry a door breacher in their car and no contact could be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Good grief. This has become a very depressing week when we are hearing about these incidents.

My heart goes out to those who have died in this incident & from the other tragedies that happened in Lucan & Kanturk. May they all RIP. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

The house at Llewellyn Court in Ballinteer has been sealed off, and gardaí are investigating if foul play was a factor in the deaths, as suspected.
    It is understood all of the resources of a murder inquiry have been committed to the case pending the outcome of postmortem results.
    Gardaí were trying to contact the woman’s husband, and father to the children, on Wednesday afternoon but had been unable to locate him.
    Neighbours become concerned for the welfare of the woman and her children late on Wednesday morning and they went to investigate at the semi-detached house in an estate close to Marlay Park.

Some local people said there were reports locally of noise coming from the house, including screaming, on Tuesday night.

Late on Wednesday morning , when concerned neighbours were unable to contact the woman and their calls to the house were not answered, the Garda was contacted.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/mother-and-two-children-found-dead-at-south-dublin-house-1.4393290

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement