Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother and 2 children dead - Ballinteer (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

WTF is going on lately ,were seeing more senseless death's than ever before .

Rip to the young family

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gatling wrote: »
    WTF is going on lately ,were seeing more senseless death's than ever before .

Rip to the young family

Heard on the radio coming into work that domestic issue calls were up exponentially on this time last year. A staggering amount. Obviously people are spending more time confined to their homes this year and haven’t got their usual outlets. Couple that with financial despair. People will blame the government on this, on top of any other factors.

RIP to those children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Omackeral wrote: »
    Heard on the radio coming into work that domestic issue calls were up exponentially on this time last year. A staggering amount. Obviously people are spending more time confined to their homes this year and haven’t got their usual outlets. Couple that with financial despair. People will blame the government on this, on top of any other factors.

RIP to those children.

Nobody is blaming the government for crimes.

I’d like to see some proper sentencing for domestic violence and crimes and attacks for a change. It’s also tipping over into the public and streets and parks - you see it more and more - yet the garda shrug their shoulders and most never get to court I’d say. There are virtually no consequences anymore - and everyone knows it.

God help those poor people.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Absolutely tragic situation heart goes out to them and all those that know them personally. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

There’s no doubt depression , suicides , mental health issues are going out of control since covid kicked off . The lockdowns are having massive impacts on many many people .
    I have never seen as many donations to Pieta House lines in the RIP webpage , young people all over ireland .

• Advertisement

LuasSimon wrote: »
    There’s no doubt depression , suicides , mental health issues are going out of control since covid kicked off . The lockdowns are having massive impacts on many many people .
    I have never seen as many donations to Pieta House lines in the RIP webpage , young people all over ireland .

It's disgusting to try to push any anti lockdown agendas on a horrific incident Luke this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

For another thread I would say otherwise it's speculation.

Nobody is blaming the government for crimes.

I beg to differ. It’s the prevalent viewpoint on social media at the moment which, like it or not, is opinion of the people. Not saying I agree with it either fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's disgusting to try to push any anti lockdown agendas on a horrific incident Luke this.

I’ve no anti lockdown agenda , just stating a fact a huge amount of suicides in recent times and there’s a lot of people struggling with not been able to live their lives like normal . You’d want to be blind not to accept that . Doesn’t bother me but lack of social interactions affect people in different ways .

I’ve no anti lockdown agenda , just stating a fact a huge amount of suicides in recent times and there’s a lot of people struggling with not been able to live their lives like normal . You’d want to be blind not to accept that . Doesn’t bother me but lack of social interactions affect people in different ways .

And what does that have to do with this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Hope this doesn’t get classed as speculation but interesting line from IT. (Interesting is the wrong word here)

“ The woman had been the victim of an alleged assault by a person known to her in recent months, though it was not clear if that was in any way connected to her death”

Domestic issues are up massively. It’s not a leap to say the lockdown and it’s factors have contributed. Doesn’t mean there’s an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Relax, I don't see that poster pushing an "anti lockdown agenda" by that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

That is just so awful it's unbelievable. There really is nothing else to say. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Jesus, another heart sinking headline - another young family wiped out. There's no words for a tragedy like this.

May they all RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

So sad to hear of another tragedy. Lucan, Kanturk and Ballinteer. Heartfelt condolences to family, friends and all who knew them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Head in the hands heart-breaking sort of stuff. Cannot believe it. Was in ashop this morning chatting to the shop lady and she showed me the Kanturk story - I literally cannot believe it. And now this. It is beyond awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

If this was any other country he would be named and his photo would be everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What kind of a effin animal would do that. Awful

jpfahy wrote: »
    If this was any other country he would be named and his photo would be everywhere

If Gardai need the public assistance, they will ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Balagan1

Heartbreaking for all their family and friends and neighbours. DOE will need to put counsellors in place when those poor kids' school/s reopen on Monday. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There could be a winter of this type of thing unfortunately

RIP to them all

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Have you any reliable source for that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Have you any reliable source for that please?

It was said on Virgin media news @ 5:30

It was said on Virgin media news @ 5:30

No it wasn't , when the Garda was asked he said he didn't want to comment on that for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No it wasn't , when the Garda was asked he said he didn't want to comment on that for the time being.

Guard on RTE just now said the deaths are unexplained

I really wish people would stop posting links from the work of absolute fiction that is The Liberal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It was later when they were talking to the reporter a second time when they went back to it. Looking for a man. I will try when I get on the computer to find a clip.

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1321506770947366912

Right at the end looking for a man known to the family

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Guard on RTE just now said the deaths are unexplained

I really wish people would stop posting links from the work of absolute fiction that is The Liberal

If it turns out to be a false report, I will apologise unreservedly. I don't read the liberal myself, was just sharing a report I saw on the front page of my Google feed.

I would genuinely never post anything I believed to be untrue in any way.

Would the Independent be more a more apt publication?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-looking-for-man-in-connection-with-discovery-of-bodies-of-woman-and-two-children-in-south-dublin-house-39677967.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement