Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite begineer set-up

Options
  • 28-10-2020 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question but I've searched the form and cannot see a thread on it.

I'm not a gamer and have never played but we got our son a Switch for his birthday. I'm trying to set up Fortnite on it for him and really struggling. What are the basic steps needed? What I've done is:

1. Set up a Nintendo account in my name and add son in family group
    2. Created users on switch for me and him and linked them to the relevant Nintendo accounts
    3. Downloaded Fortnite from store

Do I then need to create 2 Epic games accounts for both of us, i'm going to try play it as well so as I get an idea of what he is at!! The user names that will appear in the game are whatever our Epic Games usernames are rather than our Nintendo account? He is only 10 so doesn't have his own email so can I set up 2 epic games accounts using my email address? Anything else I need to do to get him started? There are loads of videos on how to play the game etc but I can't find anything about how to set it up!

Sorry for what must seem like really basic questions!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Accounts are tied to email address so you'll need two separate emails unfortunately.

Advertisement