If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the differences between these TVs?

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Blisterman,

there is a great site called 'Displayspecifications' that lots of guys in the trade use - you can check the comparison out here:
    https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/e3c4147b8b

(Just one small note of caution - Sometimes on the site there are small regional differences in TV specs ie colour or pedestal types)

On the 55Bx / 55CX differences - the main difference for picture quality is the BX series uses the LG Alpha 7 picture processor whilst the CX series uses the new Alpha 9 processor - this does have a significant effect on picture quality.

There are other small difference in HDMI and USB inputs between the two series, but the processor is the main difference.

Both are stunning! 

Hope that's all okay but as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the LG OLED55BX6LB.

It says it has Freesat. Does that mean I don't need a set top box, and can just connect a cable straight into the TV and receive Freesat and Saorview?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Blisterman wrote: »
    Thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the LG OLED55BX6LB.

It says it has Freesat. Does that mean I don't need a set top box, and can just connect a cable straight into the TV and receive Freesat and Saorview?
    Blisterman,

yep most LG's do include a Free-to-air satellite receiver and on the OLEDS it looks really stunning..

..the theory is that you can also use it to do recordings using external USB drive- in reality if you don't want to end pulling all your hair out ( maybe that's what happened to me..) I'd still advise using an external STB for recordings..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.