Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fastway couriers

Options
  • 28-10-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Having another frustrating Fastway Courier experience

Does anyone have the number for their Little Island Depot, or is it actually possible to contact them there. Have emailed already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

Sonrisa wrote: »
    Having another frustrating Fastway Courier experience

Does anyone have the number for their Little Island Depot, or is it actually possible to contact them there. Have emailed already.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If you have any issue with Fastway contact the sender, as a customer of theirs they have excellent response times to the customers but they will not have contact with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I used them to make a delivery last year (at the request of the buyer). A nightmare, strongly recommend never using them for the sake of your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

AS a business customer of Fastway i can confirm that they provide a very good service. Yes occasionally a parcel will be mis directed or delivered late but overall they provide a very good service. Also, they can be difficult to reach, but as an earlier poster alluded, as their customer to reach out to them.
    Also bear in mind, since lockdown started their parcels have gone up 2X to 3X.Their staff are under pressure and you would have seen their ads looking for new hires.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

AS a business customer of Fastway i can confirm that they provide a very good service. Yes occasionally a parcel will be mis directed or delivered late but overall they provide a very good service. Also, they can be difficult to reach, but as an earlier poster alluded, as their customer to reach out to them.
    Also bear in mind, since lockdown started their parcels have gone up 2X to 3X.Their staff are under pressure and you would have seen their ads looking for new hires.

I totally disagree, the perception that Fastway are a load of incompetent eejits, with zero customer service, well precedes any Covid existence.
    There are many many many anecdotal threads on this forum alone.

Personally, I will not order from any customer that uses this courier service - I know I am not alone.
    A courier business' core primary goal is to deliver parcels - they can't even do that to any reasonable standard, in my experience.

• Advertisement

They are grand to send small low value items with, but I can't understand the likes of Littlewoods sending laptops with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

We us an post, and they have effectively broken down in Cork
    national delivery time now 3 days for signed parcels, In Cork City and County at least 5 working days according to letter received yesterday
    Thats what you get when you only take out 50 parcels to deliver for your days work

Dbu wrote: »
    national delivery time now 3 days for signed parcels, In Cork City and County at least 5 working days according to letter received yesterday
    Thats what you get when you only take out 50 parcels to deliver for your days work

Ya there's a culture in An Post which means they could never compete with the courier companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I've been in the An Post Delays thread giving out about my parcel - useful info, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I've been in the An Post Delays thread giving out about my parcel - useful info, thanks.

Do you have a link/

Also , we are convinced that An Post prioritise Amazon deliveries before any Irish based business. They deny of course.

example below

City to Douglas 8 working days

Amazon to Douglas 2 days (rare part so nowhere to buy locally) but 2 frigging days

• Advertisement

Do you have a link/

Also , we are convinced that An Post prioritise Amazon deliveries before any Irish based business. They deny of course.

example below

City to Douglas 8 working days

Amazon to Douglas 2 days (rare part so nowhere to buy locally) but 2 frigging days

Sure - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115157471

My parcel happens to be an Amazon one.

I set it out in the thread but;
    Wed, 21 October - order placed with Amazon.
    Thurs, 22 October - order ships.
    Fri, 23 October - order arrives into Ireland.
    (weekend)
    Thurs, 29 October - attempted delivery (which in reality was the postman having to go back to depot).
    (weekend)
    Mon, 2 November - attempted delivery (which in reality was the postman having to go back to depot).
    Tues, 3 November - no scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Do you have a link/

Fingers crossed your right. I've an amazon package that was dispatched today.
    I dont like Amazon but pricing compared to Ireland can be close to half price sometimes.

An Post are horribly inefficient. I had 3 parcels from amazon last Monday, they came by 3 different drivers, makes no sense. They're sending lads out in small vans when they could get the lot done in a 1 big van.

rob316 wrote: »
    An Post are horribly inefficient. I had 3 parcels from amazon last Monday, they came by 3 different drivers, makes no sense. They're sending lads out in small vans when they could get the lot done in a 1 big van.

Echoing this - I had one guy call in the morning, and one in the afternoon. In both instances, they had small parcels so I don't see why it couldn't be consolidated.

Separately, I just had An Post call with separate deliveries. So I'm at a loss as to why this Amazon one is MIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Probably have a heap of lads kicking around they can't dismiss or transfer anywhere else like most state owned entities. Gives them something to do.
    The courier companies are the opposite extreme.

Probably have a heap of lads kicking around they can't dismiss or transfer anywhere else like most state owned entities. Gives them something to do.
    The courier companies are the opposite extreme.

Its taxpayer money running it so it can be run badly and we'll plug the losses. It has to be run for profit if you want to compete with the private operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I’m not saying An Post are perfect but it’s very possible that as parcels arrive in they are zoned. Just say your house is in zone 1. Once they scan it and add it too the pile for zone 1 they carry on scanning the rest of the items. The lads loading the vans for zone 1 can only fit so much into vans (not arguing on the big van/little van thing) and once a van is full, off it goes and the next van pulls up too be loaded to head off too zone 1once it’s full.
    I’d imagine it would be very inefficient too check every single parcel for the exact address and the estate parcels are going too and then divide the parcels into the vans too reduce the drivers calling too the same houses. What it would save on over lapping drivers it would most likely lose on time in the depot sorting through looking for individual items

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

I’m not saying An Post are perfect but it’s very possible that as parcels arrive in they are zoned. Just say your house is in zone 1. Once they scan it and add it too the pile for zone 1 they carry on scanning the rest of the items. The lads loading the vans for zone 1 can only fit so much into vans (not arguing on the big van/little van thing) and once a van is full, off it goes and the next van pulls up too be loaded to head off too zone 1once it’s full.
    I’d imagine it would be very inefficient too check every single parcel for the exact address and the estate parcels are going too and then divide the parcels into the vans too reduce the drivers calling too the same houses. What it would save on over lapping drivers it would most likely lose on time in the depot sorting through looking for individual items

I'm in the suburbs so service is good - the address is easy to find and there will always be enough of a load to make the journey worthwhile.

I've noticed that An Post seem to do two van runs in my area - morning and mid-morning. UPS seem to be less efficient than usual - my last delivery was stuck in Cork for two days and the one before that was registered as being returned (that was part of a bulk shipment from Dublin to people all across Ireland and a large number of the items were accidentally shipped to Germany). Surprisingly the couple of deliveries I had via GLS arrived bright and early. DPD is generally reliable - only had two delayed deliveries. Fastway have always turned up on the day they were supposed to. No issues with DHL either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is there anywhere that you can make a complaint to Fastway for damaging goods in your parcel that they delivered? They done that to me today well yesterday Friday the 7th at this stage but very angry and annoyed about it as had been waiting two weeks for them to come and what does the courier do but fecks delicate goods over my side gate

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Only in the last month Fastway have dropped items of mine to a house in a town 10 miles over the road and to a neighbours house two doors down. And I had to run after him and stop him from delivering a package of mine to the wrong house on another occasion. They're not even bothered about looking at the number on the door, never mind a bloody eircode. They also failed to collect an item I was returning from the drop off point. Crap company. Too many of them are away with the faries.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Has anyone got an 'Unable to Attempt' on their tracking before? What do I do now? They don't tell you what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Hi I am finding it impossible to find a number tothe little island depot. They have a package there for me which I need today as I fly out of Ireland tomorrow. Does any one have a number? I’m pretty desperate At this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 satgirl22

021 5001010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

fastway use the ryanair method of getting you close enough but not quite where you think youre going

Advertisement