Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break fund fee

• 28-10-2020 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I’m looking to leave a fixed 10 year mortgage with KBC. I’ve 7 years left on it. It was on 2.99% . And I’m looking to take out a new mortgage with them on a new gaff that I’m moving to on a rate of 2.25%. Now I figured there maybe a penalty. But they are looking to recoup 28k from me for the privilege of breaking the agreement. This is obviously an astronomical sum of money. I expected it to be a grand or three. But nothing near this. Anyone else ever get hit with a figure like this? Or explain how this is okay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Timing belt

I’m looking to leave a fixed 10 year mortgage with KBC. I’ve 7 years left on it. It was on 2.99% . And I’m looking to take out a new mortgage with them on a new gaff that I’m moving to on a rate of 2.25%. Now I figured there maybe a penalty. But they are looking to recoup 28k from me for the privilege of breaking the agreement. This is obviously an astronomical sum of money. I expected it to be a grand or three. But nothing near this. Anyone else ever get hit with a figure like this? Or explain how this is okay?

The bank will have arranged funding for the 2.99% mortgage. If you break your mortgage the will break the funding deal and pass on the cost to you plus a fee say 500 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The people on AAM are good on these calculations, if you want to check.

Advertisement