Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coming to end of fixed mortgage term BOI and looking to fix again - options

• 29-10-2020 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

quick query

our 3 year fixed term with BOI is up next month, we are looking to fix again with them potentially - do they have any flexibility on rates or are the ones they have offered us in their recent letter set in stone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

ergo wrote: »
    quick query

our 3 year fixed term with BOI is up next month, we are looking to fix again with them potentially - do they have any flexibility on rates or are the ones they have offered us in their recent letter set in stone?

BOI do not offer the best fixed rates.

Avant will fix for 1.95%.

You can ring BOI and see if they will prove match Avant but it's unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ergo

thanks

what I am wondering is - is it a bit like car insurance renewal? - they will default to offering you the worst fixed rate if you choose to extend - but if you call and tell them you are going to switch do they have flexibility to offer a better rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Not really like car insurance. They will normally give you all the fixed rates on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

ergo wrote: »
    quick query

How did you get on looking for better rates. I got a letter recently as my fixed rate is coming to an end and I rang them as my ltv has also changed and I was offered slightly better rates. Not sure if I should have pushed for better. I can’t switch mtg provider at the Moment.

Advertisement