Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card refund

• 29-10-2020 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I need to return a purchase and get a refund.

I bought it with my debit card but actually need the refund in cash. It has been a long time since claiming a refund in a shop and I’ve always just let it be put back into the card so I don’t even know if the cashier is allowed to give cash as a refund.

The shop is Homebase - anybody know their policy?

Does a refund to a debit card in a shop take as long as it does online?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Go ask them.

They'll refund to the card I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I think because you bought the item on the card they will need to refund to the card - don't think they will give you cash back
    last time I had to return an item and get my debit card refunded took 7 working days - but I don't know if that was just relevant to store I went to. They did inform me that refunds could take up to 10 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Go ask them.

They'll refund to the card I'd imagine.

In what way is “go ask them” a helpful response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

becuase individual stores may have a different policy
    and you wont know that particcular stores policy until you ask them?

but majority of places wont refund cash for card purchases in my experience

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Because you'll get a better and more accurate response from the card provider.

Mind your tone btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 eddiervp20

When I worked in retail we gave them a choice of cash or card.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Because you'll get a better and more accurate response from the card provider.

Mind your tone btw.

Card provider dues not dictate the policy of a shop.

I came to boards.ie and named the shop - there a clue in that. That was a reason I could not ask the shop directly.

What tone?

If anyone was being rude here it was yourself.

I came to boards.ie and named the shop - there a clue in that. That was a reason I could not ask the shop directly.

What tone?

No interest in arguing with you.

p.s. Reply to this on thread and you risk further infraction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What tone?

You asked about a shop refund, if there is a reason that you cannot ask at the shop, then it is beyond me how you expect to get a refund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement