Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS 1 2nd generation

• 29-10-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

I know this is strange to be going back in history with all the buzz around the PS 5 but I'm trying to get a PS 1 working. It's the small version.

I've connected it to an analogue cable on an oldish Sony (12 years old maybe) and while the PS powers on OK I can't get the TV to tune it in so I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing or should be trying? I've run Autostore a good few times after checking connections which all seem fairly good but still no joy.

Any help or tips would be appreciated on a wet windy mid-term break day!

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know this is strange to be going back in history with all the buzz around the PS 5 but I'm trying to get a PS 1 working. It's the small version.

I've connected it to an analogue cable on an oldish Sony (12 years old maybe) and while the PS powers on OK I can't get the TV to tune it in so I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing or should be trying? I've run Autostore a good few times after checking connections which all seem fairly good but still no joy.

Any help or tips would be appreciated on a wet windy mid-term break day!

Thanks.

Firstly don't tune it in with an RF cable. The picture will be complete junk.

Best to get a PS1 RGB Scart cable if the TV has the socket. No messing around with tuning it in and you'll know right away if the system is working.

You could use AV composite cables as well which means know messing with tuning in but the picture quality is terrible as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It'll definitely look better through scart.
    The RF output should be channel 68, if I'm remembering right! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Lightscribe

I was hoping it was something I was doing wrong as opposed to having to look for new cables etc. and have it working today.

Those cables appear to be cheap enough, one on ebay from a limerick user for around €5,worth a punt for that much i suppose.

Advertisement