Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España stage 9: Castrillo del Val to Aguilar de Campoo (157.7km)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

The first that I heard about the relegation was on the Cycling Podcast. They were talking about Sam using his head and agreed with the decision.

Watching the incident back, I can't see how they think it was a headbutt-like movement. Comparing it to Sagan's relegation isn't fair. This was just 2 hefty shoulders. If shouldering isn't allowed, then fair enough with the relegation.

But I agree with Sam's interview this morning, where he said that it's unfair with just the use of this angle to relegate him. You can't properly see the angle of the approaching barriers and if he had a legitimate claim that he was protecting himself.

Advertisement