Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are any An Post phones unlocked?

Options
  • 29-10-2020 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.
    Does anyone know if any of their range come unlocked?
    Battery in my current 3 phone is draining rapidly so I need a back up urgently.
    Only place that has phones where I live is the post office and I can't travel due to the restrictions.
    I don't have a card so can't order online and it probably wouldn't come quickly enough anyway.
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is Argos nearby? They're still open for click and collect, don't think you need a card to reserve but maybe someone can clarify if that's correct.

Don't think any An Post phones are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is Argos nearby? They're still open for click and collect, don't think you need a card to reserve but maybe someone can clarify if that's correct.

Don't think any An Post phones are unlocked.

Cheers. My nearest Argos is 50 miles is afraid. They're my usual go to place, I even have vouchers for them.
    I'll have to come up with a plan B so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi.
    Does anyone know if any of their range come unlocked?
    Battery in my current 3 phone is draining rapidly so I need a back up urgently.
    Only place that has phones where I live is the post office and I can't travel due to the restrictions.
    I don't have a card so can't order online and it probably wouldn't come quickly enough anyway.
    Cheers in advance.

I would have as assumed they were locked to their own network, or at least Vodafone as they piggyback off them. Not 100% though, no harm asking staff there if they have any information on this?

Advertisement