Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxed on cash back

Options
  • 29-10-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I took out a mortgage with Boi last year and availed of the 2% cashback offer. I was taxed about 40% on this and wondering if there is a way to claim this back through revenue at all?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

ricko187 wrote: »
    Hi,

I took out a mortgage with Boi last year and availed of the 2% cashback offer. I was taxed about 40% on this and wondering if there is a way to claim this back through revenue at all?

Many thanks
    Hi ricko187, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We would be happy to check this out with the relevant team for you. Please be assured that we will come back to you here as soon as we have an update on this for you. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

Hi ricko187, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We would be happy to check this out with the relevant team for you. Please be assured that we will come back to you here as soon as we have an update on this for you. 

Thanks Jen

Many thanks Jen. I appreciate the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

ricko187 wrote: »
    Hi ricko187, 

Thanks Jen

Many thanks Jen. I appreciate the help
    Hi ricko187,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. We have checked this with our Mortgage Team who advised DIRT does not apply to Mortgage Cashback. Is it possible that it was the Bonus Interest on a Mortgage Saver Account? As this is an interest payment it would be subject to DIRT.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement