Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can get Sky fibre connection to my house but not Vodafone fibre connection. Why?

• 29-10-2020 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have to upgrade my internet connection to enable me to WFH more frequently, as a result of covid, to help stop the spread! I current have Sky Broadband Superfast connection which is not fibre. Sky can provide TV and fibre broadband, however Vodafone TV and fibre broadband package would be less than half the cost. The problem is that Vodafone say that they cannot provide it. All the other houses around me can get Vodafone fibre connection when I check their eircode on the Vodafone website. Anyone know why this is? Sky is so much more expensive :( Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Is it via the Siro or openEir network that Sky will be providing the fibre?

If Sky can offer it, then Vodafone should be able to as they both offer it via both networks.

Double-check your Eircode on Airwire's website which should tell you which is available to you as well - https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail/main/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Delphinus001

Thanks so much for your reply. I am really learning from scratch with all this.

When I checked via the link you sent: Siro Urban fibre is Not Available, but FTTH 150-1000Mbit/s is Available, with openEir then presumably.

At that rate as you say I should really be able to go with Vodafone, but unless their website shows that I have the availability they can't help me it seems from talking with them.

I will ring openEir tomorrow, just found a number for them, and see if they can help with this issue. The openEir fibrerollout.ie website just keeps hanging for me every time I try it today with my phone number and eircode details, so I have given up on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

OpenEir won’t talk to you, they only do wholesale to ISP .
    Clearly it is Vodafone issue.
    ps. Sky and Vodafone not the only providers in Ireland.

Advertisement