Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70 alternatives

• 29-10-2020 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all, I upgraded my alarm system about two years ago and went for the GSD i70 system with shock sensors all over and one motion sensor upstairs and downstairs. Had no issues. App is great. Zero maintenance costs.

I'm buying a new house so will need a new alarm system installed. Was planning on going with the same setup unless anyone has a better alternative? Anything extra I should be considering this time around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

DM1983 wrote: »
    Hi all, I upgraded my alarm system about two years ago and went for the GSD i70 system with shock sensors all over and one motion sensor upstairs and downstairs. Had no issues. App is great. Zero maintenance costs.

I'm buying a new house so will need a new alarm system installed. Was planning on going with the same setup unless anyone has a better alternative? Anything extra I should be considering this time around?

Anyone? The HKC systems seem to be very popular. What do they do that the GSD doesn't? I just want a) zero ongoing running costs so need WiFi connectivity and b) a nice looking panel for the hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

The HKC system is very popular, I would not look beyond them as a manufacturer, as an installer their products tick all the boxes. They are the only manufacturer that I know of that has a Wireless equivalent to all of their Wired devices and again their standard is second to none.

If you do want to have zero running costs, then HKC is not for you.

Again and speaking as a professional, I find it crazy that our industry finds it acceptable that after developing systems that continue to operate in the event of a power cut. That it is acceptable to offer a means of notification that will fail in the event of a power cut or a child mistakenly unplugging a broadband router.

Advertisement