Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic calming measures requests

Options
  • 29-10-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I'll keep this short, I recently requested traffic calming measures to be placed on my road. Markings have been placed on the road for ramps. A few people have been giving out saying it's ridiculous etc. Are the council likely to give out my information as the person who requested it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No. Someone can FoI the request, so your email (I presume) can be discoverable, but all your personal details would be redacted from any FoI version of it released. Can someone determine who sent it from the content and tone? Only you know the answer to that.

But, I happen to know that the Councils have no funding for ramps on public roads in isolation, they haven't had for many years. Why? Because they are no longer best practice design for traffic calming. Also, the Councils have massively long lists of streets and neighbourhoods that have been requesting these things for years and for the above reason of no funding, they aren't getting through the requests.

So, are you sure what you are seeing on your street are location markings for the ramps that you requested and not some other road works? Because for all the above reasons I think its unlikely you're getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No. Someone can FoI the request, so your email (I presume) can be discoverable, but all your personal details would be redacted from any FoI version of it released. Can someone determine who sent it from the content and tone? Only you know the answer to that.

But, I happen to know that the Councils have no funding for ramps on public roads in isolation, they haven't had for many years. Why? Because they are no longer best practice design for traffic calming. Also, the Councils have massively long lists of streets and neighbourhoods that have been requesting these things for years and for the above reason of no funding, they aren't getting through the requests.

So, are you sure what you are seeing on your street are location markings for the ramps that you requested and not some other road works? Because for all the above reasons I think its unlikely you're getting them.

I wasn't necessarily requesting ramps, just something to slow traffic down. It's definitely marked for ramps though. The words RAMP painted on the road.

I just wouldn't want anyone getting my information as I've a generally good relationship with the neighbours but this appears to have caused some uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭vrusinov

I wonder if it's there could be any luck with request to replace ramps with alternatives. Ramps drive me nuts - both as pedestrian and as a driver.

Advertisement