Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm issue

Options
  • 29-10-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My broadband has been dropping out for a week or 2 for a couple hours at a time, eir called out today and said it was my alarm system shorting it? Currently the alarm is beeping constantly with error saying DMC line fault and driving me and kids mad as it won't unset

Not sure if any of the below info is relevant or not but will list it

Changed from Sky to Eir broadband last week and new phone package is different (VOIP??) as phone line has to go into back of modem now

Alarm system has a text dialler that doesn't really work anymore since eircom discontinued this service. Is it possibly this dialler causing an issue and would getting it removed sort it?
    Not sure what model alarm it is, photo attached

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

coco0981 wrote: »
    Hi
    My broadband has been dropping out for a week or 2 for a couple hours at a time, eir called out today and said it was my alarm system shorting it? Currently the alarm is beeping constantly with error saying DMC line fault and driving me and kids mad as it won't unset

Not sure if any of the below info is relevant or not but will list it

Changed from Sky to Eir broadband last week and new phone package is different (VOIP??) as phone line has to go into back of modem now

Alarm system has a text dialler that doesn't really work anymore since eircom discontinued this service. Is it possibly this dialler causing an issue and would getting it removed sort it?
    Not sure what model alarm it is, photo attached

Any help appreciated

The system cant see the voltage on the line and this is causing the line fault.
    If the alarm seizes the line it will cut out the line for the modem so it could be that causing the issue.

Best advise is to get installer to remove the modem from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

altor wrote: »
    The system cant see the voltage on the line and this is causing the line fault.
    If the alarm seizes the line it will cut out the line for the modem so it could be that causing the issue.

Best advise is to get installer to remove the modem from the system.

When you say remove the modem from the system, what does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

coco0981 wrote: »
    When you say remove the modem from the system, what does this mean?

Its is the dialer in the control panel itself.

If you open the control panel you can join the phone cable, A TO C. B TO D.
    This will stop the alarm from seizing the line and you will just have a line fault on the alarm system. It should still arm once you acknowledge the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rlady

The same problem happened to a friend of mine. I wish I had seen this topic before. He had it done by calling a technician.

Advertisement