Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged sofa getting it into house

Options
  • 29-10-2020 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Ordered a sofa from a well known furniture company in Dublin and it was attempted delivery today.

Initially when ordering I raised concerns about the couches fitting into the house due to lack of space at front door. However sales assistant assured me the couches we ordered come in parts and can be easily transported into any house.

So onto delivery today. They couldn’t get the 2 seater couch into the house at all. Attempted front door and side door. They dismantled the couches as much as they could and it wouldn’t fit, resulting in them actually tearing the leather on the armrest of the side of the wall and it’s all scuffed. They also aged my front door (minor) and scraped all the wall at the inner hallway.

The men advised only way is to take window glass at the front out to get couches in and they will come back next week when I organise glazier for same.

I rang customer service and I said I don’t want the sofa that they scratched when they are delivering again next week. She said they will look at it and if it’s ok will still deliver same one? Can I request a new one? As I witnessed the scrape on the armrest that won’t come out? Also would I be entitled to my door being fixed and wall?

Thanks

Advertisement