Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with EBS internet banking

• 30-10-2020 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

I was considering moving my Bank of Ireland current account to the free EBS current account to save on bank charges. However, several times I have had problems with the mediocre EBS internet banking service. For instance several times a message appears " there was an error with your authentication" when trying to log in eventhough all correct PINs etc were entered. Also on several occassions when I tried unscessfuly to add a payee a message appeared "sorry, we are unable to process at this time due to unforeseen technical issues" when I phoned the internet support the problem was not resolved and the EBS representative appeared to indicate there were similar problems experienced by other customers but the banking service was free. It is a pity EBS do not just subsume their internet banking with their parent company AIB internet service. EBS do not even have a banking app in this day and age. I'm now having reservations about permanently relocating my current account with EBS. Just wondering if others had similar issues. If so, perhaps KBC would be a better option. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I was considering moving my Bank of Ireland current account to the free EBS current account to save on bank charges. However, several times I have had problems with the mediocre EBS internet banking service. For instance several times a message appears " there was an error with your authentication" when trying to log in eventhough all correct PINs etc were entered.

As a frequent user of the EBS Money Manager account, I can confirm that this is a big letdown. My record of signin attempts is six and today and yesterday, I had to enter my userid and PIN three times before it let me in. Sometines the 'confirm or deny' challenge fails to reach my phone, sometimes I click on Confirm and then 'there's a problem with your authentication' or you get past that stage, see the big green tick and then there's an error. So you can stumble at any one of multiple stages in the login process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

coylemj wrote: »
    As a frequent user of the EBS Money Manager account, I can confirm that this is a big letdown. My record of signin attempts is six and today and yesterday, I had to enter my userid and PIN three times before it let me in. Sometines the 'confirm or deny' challenge fails to reach my phone, sometimes I click on Confirm and then 'there's a problem with your authentication' or you get past that stage, see the big green tick and then there's an error. So you can stumble at any one of multiple stages in the login process.

Thanks for the info. I think I will now seriously consider KBC bank for my current account.

Advertisement