Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

Just had my interview, didn't feel like it went that well. Interviewers were asking hard questions and wanted specifics but I think just ended up giving them fluff and buzzwords. Wouldn't be expecting to go up in the OOM based off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Got a notification that there was a message, expected it to be an interview notification...it is a survey - asking me to rate the application process so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Got a notification that there was a message, expected it to be an interview notification...it is a survey - asking me to rate the application process so far.

Hopefully, the new year might bring us all new opportunities !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

mulligja wrote: »
    Just had my interview, didn't feel like it went that well. Interviewers were asking hard questions and wanted specifics but I think just ended up giving them fluff and buzzwords. Wouldn't be expecting to go up in the OOM based off that.

dont think the OOM changes anyway even after interview

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Could I just enquire what OOM they have reached for interviews in Dublin? Would love to hear something soon. Thanks.

• Advertisement

abbeybella wrote: »
    Could I just enquire what OOM they have reached for interviews in Dublin? Would love to hear something soon. Thanks.

It was mentioned a few pages ago that someone 500+ was called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

It was mentioned a few pages ago that someone 500+ was called for interview.

In the top 100 for Dublin but as of yet have not received any notification regarding interview. Fingers crossed I'm one of the lucky ones who will be able to skip interviews based on previous TCO experience. However, starting to get a little concerned. Anyone in a similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

In the top 100 for Dublin but as of yet have not received any notification regarding interview. Fingers crossed I'm one of the lucky ones who will be able to skip interviews based on previous TCO experience. However, starting to get a little concerned. Anyone in a similar situation?

Yes but I’m in cork 77. This disadvantage of being called for a role early means it less likely to be a longer contract. I don’t know are the filling roles or just interviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DarraghFogarty

Did anyone on the Tipperary panel get called for an interview yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭I am me123

Anyone know when the 2021 permanent campaign will start?

Thank you

• Advertisement

Anybody know if they have started interviews for TCO 2021 in Clare please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sophie717

Happy New Year to all! Just wondering has anybody received results of their interview yet? I did my interview on Dec 17th and they advised that it would be 2 weeks. It has now been 19 days and of course I understand that the holidays probably had a direct effect on the timeframe.....just checking out if everyone is in the same boat though. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Emsfeafaz

Sophie717 wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all! Just wondering has anybody received results of their interview yet? I did my interview on Dec 17th and they advised that it would be 2 weeks. It has now been 19 days and of course I understand that the holidays probably had a direct effect on the timeframe.....just checking out if everyone is in the same boat though. Thanks!

I was told I wouldn't find out until January. They gave no date though so I am not sure when in January.

Emsfeafaz wrote: »
    I was told I wouldn't find out until January. They gave no date though so I am not sure when in January.

The say January so in public jobs they mean February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I am me123 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the 2021 permanent campaign will start?

Thank you

It was March last year so possibly around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Did anyone on the Tipperary panel get called for an interview yet?

They reached my OOM mid Dec but didn't have to interview due to previous TCO experience. I'm below 30.

They reached my OOM mid Dec but didn't have to interview due to previous TCO experience. I'm below 30.

My OOM for Meath is 10. Yet I still have to do an interview next week which is a pain. My last contract only finished in October :(

My OOM for Meath is 10. Yet I still have to do an interview next week which is a pain. My last contract only finished in October :(

im at 47/48 in Meath - haven't heard anything - but a job that I sent a CV into yesterday, emailed me today and said they would be doing up a shortlist and let me know next week.

Did you get notified of this on public jobs? My order of merit is 5 and ive had 2 TCO contracts in the past and i dont have any messages since the results for stage 1.

Did you get notified of this on public jobs? My order of merit is 5 and ive had 2 TCO contracts in the past and i dont have any messages since the results for stage 1.

• Advertisement

I’m not the person whom your questioning but this is what I got from them a few weeks back, 01/12/20

Further to your application for Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2021, we have reached your place on the Stage 1 Order of Merit for Stage 2 – Interview.

I “don’t have” to do an interview so they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

im at 47/48 in Meath - haven't heard anything - but a job that I sent a CV into yesterday, emailed me today and said they would be doing up a shortlist and let me know next week.

Hi Irishphotodesk, I'm OOM 32 for Meath and have an interview next Tuesday so I'd say they're near enough to getting to you:)

Has anyone whose taken up a contract recently come from a temporary redundancy situation? If I'm lucky enough to get offered a contract, I'm not sure how much notice I'd need to give my old employer (if any?). Thanks!

síofra wrote: »
    Hi Irishphotodesk, I'm OOM 32 for Meath and have an interview next Tuesday so I'd say they're near enough to getting to you:)

Has anyone whose taken up a contract recently come from a temporary redundancy situation? If I'm lucky enough to get offered a contract, I'm not sure how much notice I'd need to give my old employer (if any?). Thanks!

Just bear in mind that the contract you get would for a fixed period, ie, weeks and up until now at least once the time is up your out. Consider maintaining your other role is it on hiatus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Just bear in mind that the contract you get would for a fixed period, ie, weeks and up until now at least once the time is up your out. Consider maintaining your other role is it on hiatus anyway.

Are some of the positions only for weeks of Employment ?is there not a minimum term ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ahem123

Generally the minimum is 8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Daz_ wrote: »
    Are some of the positions only for weeks of Employment ?is there not a minimum term ?

Yes. Many will be for only 8 or 10 weeks. Only a few are ever extended.

Do not leave a permanent job for one of these.

But if you're on temporary lay-off from another job, these are fine to take - and if your permanent job wants you back, you can just quit this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Yes. Mid December I got notification on public jobs message board.
    Could it possibly be dependent on previous depts or sections worked for? I was in a weird position previously where I answered directly to HEO/AP and they have those references from last years interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

Found out I passed my interview today, place in OOM remains the same though (297). Any ideas on when I can expect to get offered something off the back of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Other half did stage 2 interview and got email today advising position on OOM remains the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Mame18

mulligja wrote: »
    Found out I passed my interview today, place in OOM remains the same though (297). Any ideas on when I can expect to get offered something off the back of this?

I also found out today I passed interview and my
    Order of merit is 298˜‚ which county have you applied for?

Advertisement