Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ahem123

Sophie717 wrote: »
    Hi Ahem123, I'm wondering if you could please tell us what number your friend who was given an offer was, please? Many thanks!

Top 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Im in a similar situation but I believe they might only skip the interview if you've completed a tco contract rather than if you're still on one from the 2020 panel.

Just to clarify for anyone in a similar situation. I'm in my first TCO contract at the moment, still ongoing. On the application form I indicated I had already completed a TCO contract before.
    Turns out I was incorrect to do so and after contacting them I've been given an interview time for this week.

So if you havnt actually seen through a contract to the end in the last 3 years but indicated you did on your application you might be better off contacting them to organise the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Just to clarify for anyone in a similar situation. I'm in my first TCO contract at the moment, still ongoing. On the application form I indicated I had already completed a TCO contract before.
    Turns out I was incorrect to do so and after contacting them I've been given an interview time for this week.

So if you havnt actually seen through a contract to the end in the last 3 years but indicated you did on your application you might be better off contacting them to organise the interview

Be sure to get a reference when your leaving and hopefully you'll be able to skip the interview next time around.

Some TCO's had there contracts extended in other words one finished and a new one started so that would suffice as in "finishing a contract".

Did anyone else have to upload their docs to a file sharing link? I uploaded mine but there was no button to confirm or deliver them... I sent an email to PAS to confirm delivery but they haven't got back to me. Anyone done this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

Did anyone else have to upload their docs to a file sharing link? I uploaded mine but there was no button to confirm or deliver them... I sent an email to PAS to confirm delivery but they haven't got back to me. Anyone done this?
    Yep, I had to do this even though I’d already sent them. I didn’t send the written references coz I’m still waiting on them...such a long laborious process!

Nicbuc wrote: »
    Yep, I had to do this even though I’d already sent them. I didn’t send the written references coz I’m still waiting on them...such a long laborious process!

Did you have any issues with the site? Did it do anything when you uploaded them?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

Did you have any issues with the site? Did it do anything when you uploaded them?
    I think it just had a list of my docs with a tick beside them. That was it, no confirmation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up westmeath

Hi there
    I got no confirmation of successfully uploading documents
    Did you get a response from PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Hi there

This uploading business is it only for those going to interview as I’ve gotten no such request

• Advertisement

This uploading business is it only for those going to interview as I’ve gotten no such request

I had my interview

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sophie717

From experience, how long does is typically take after uploading the docs to be offered a position, assuming references and vetting check out?

Also, I saw on the CO thread that some candidates were offered WFH positions. I wonder does anybody know if any TCOS have been offered same?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭daffodill50

From experience, how long does is typically take after uploading the docs to be offered a position, assuming references and vetting check out?

Also, I saw on the CO thread that some candidates were offered WFH positions. I wonder does anybody know if any TCOS have been offered same?

Where on the CO thread do you see people getting WFH offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sophie717

Where on the CO thread do you see people getting WFH offers?
    Oh God I would have to look through the pages now to find it - but I remember somebody saying that she was nervous to start because it was WFH, rather than being surrounded by people who could help out if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I'm on a TCO contract at the moment and only spend 2-3 days every 2 weeks in the office, every other day is WFH. In the beginning it was all in office though

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

I had my interview long since and IIRC am one behind you on the Cork OOM. Have had no request for docs/vetting/references.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

I had my interview long since and IIRC am one behind you on the Cork OOM. Have had no request for docs/vetting/references.

No but I dont have to sit an interview.

I was interviewed a few weeks ago and passed it.....OOM 12 in Co Meath. I only had to upload docs after interview..... this was part of the Garda Vetting process which was a completely different portal for submitting docs , not PAS.
    It was a bit of a pain as I don't have Microsoft Word so had to complete docs in Google Docs and convert them back to MW before submitting. No word since. I'd say Level 5 is putting job offers on hold but I could be wrong.

Hi there

Yes I just got a response from them today saying they received my docs. I also got a vetting request from e-vetting so they definitely processed my docs.

In response to another query I didn't interview because I did a TCO last year but presumably they only request docs after you passed your interview.

Fingers crossed I get offered something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BoatGirlDolly

Hi,
    I applied for a TCO role direct with the company and not through PAS ? Is this the same process? So far I have done the initial application, aptitude tests and an interview - not sure what is next ? thanks.

• Advertisement

Yes I just got a response from them today saying they received my docs. I also got a vetting request from e-vetting so they definitely processed my docs.

In response to another query I didn't interview because I did a TCO last year but presumably they only request docs after you passed your interview.

Fingers crossed I get offered something soon!
    Thank you mine was confirmed uploaded too..and garda vetting request submitted
    Best of luck with offer

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Hi,
    I applied for a TCO role direct with the company and not through PAS ? Is this the same process? So far I have done the initial application, aptitude tests and an interview - not sure what is next ? thanks.

Hi,

I have applied for a few different roles in the last few months also not directly through PAS.

They usually all have an information booklet with them if you downloaded that at the time it might tell you about any further steps in the process.

By the sounds of it you may have done all steps necessary and maybe just waiting on results from the interview although there could possibly be a 2nd interview.

No harm in emailing them for an update if you have been waiting a while.

As for this competition I have also been contacted for clearance this week. I was just under OOM 200 for Dublin if of interest to anyone reading (not sure how high they got in the OOM but seems a good few contacted for clearance this week).

Yes they have.

Hi,

I have applied for a few different roles in the last few months also not directly through PAS.

They usually all have an information booklet with them if you downloaded that at the time it might tell you about any further steps in the process.

By the sounds of it you may have done all steps necessary and maybe just waiting on results from the interview although there could possibly be a 2nd interview.

No harm in emailing them for an update if you have been waiting a while.

As for this competition I have also been contacted for clearance this week. I was just under OOM 200 for Dublin if of interest to anyone reading (not sure how high they got in the OOM but seems a good few contacted for clearance this week).

It was initial application November, Aptitude Jan and interview early last month and heard nothing. I got the percentage of my aptitude but never got any mention of order of merit. I just dont know what is next or what to do. With Covid etc is there extra delays? Im not sure if I cansay with whom I did the initial application. :S Im new to this boards bizz!!

It was initial application November, Aptitude Jan and interview early last month and heard nothing. I got the percentage of my aptitude but never got any mention of order of merit. I just dont know what is next or what to do. With Covid etc is there extra delays? Im not sure if I cansay with whom I did the initial application. :S Im new to this boards bizz!!

I have gone through one campaign in the past where they didn't disclose OOM. I got assigned quite quickly so didn't bother to ask.

Some organisations like Revenue give OOM but not until aptitude test stage, if you have already gone to interview and passed, you should have been give some idea of where you are on the panel.

There are definitely delays due to Covid especially as most staff are working from home but I would suggest you send an email to the recruitment team and ask for your place on the panel.

I have gone through one campaign in the past where they didn't disclose OOM. I got assigned quite quickly so didn't bother to ask.

Some organisations like Revenue give OOM but not until aptitude test stage, if you have alrealdy gone to interview and passed, you should have been give some idea of where you are on the panel.

There are definately delays due to Covid especially as most staff are working from home but I would suggest you send an email to the recruitment team and ask for your place on the panel.

Hey Mike Foxtrot,

thats really helpful. Its all new to me so Im following this thread with the updates very closely and I havent come across anything that sounds similar. I havent been told if I have passed interview or not. I shall follow up with HR dept and try get a handle on where things are at. You know the fine line of 'am i pestering them by asking' or 'wait and see' thats what Im threading at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

just received docs/vetting references request:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi all,

Anyone called for interview in Limerick yet? Thanks.

Hey Mike Foxtrot,

thats really helpful. Its all new to me so Im following this thread with the updates very closely and I havent come across anything that sounds similar. I havent been told if I have passed interview or not. I shall follow up with HR dept and try get a handle on where things are at. You know the fine line of 'am i pestering them by asking' or 'wait and see' thats what Im threading at the mo!

Was it a government department or local authority/agency that ran the campaign?

Theres no harm in asking for an update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

just received docs/vetting references request:)

Same here (Cork) !

Advertisement