Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

I've just been sent an "expression of interest" email for a 6 month post that starts on 1 June in my county. However I live in a huge county and this post is 50km away which would mean a round trip of 100km a day....... on a TCO salary. My diesel would be about €60 a week which would bring my weekly income down to about €337 (based on €397 I was paid last year as a TCO ) At the moment I am on PUP.
    My last TCO position last year was only 15 minutes away and my travelling expenses were lower so it made sense but even then the money isn't great for a full time position.

If I don't reply to this "expression of interest" email am I off the panel? It doesn't make it clear. It just says if I wish to be considered for this post I need to reply by Friday.

PUP ends in June unless we have a 4th wave so you will drop to 203 I'd take the role

I just got an expression of interest email for the HSE covid vaccination clinics in Dublin. I need to respond by Friday but it doesn't specify where it's going to be. I don't have access to a car so I'd be relying on the bus. Anyone know anything about this position?

It will more than likely be for the vaccine hubs so on the plus side you will be vaccinated early. Here is a list of the vaccine hubs in Dublin: Aviva Stadium, Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge; Citywest Convention Centre, Garters Lane, Saggart; the Helix Theatre, Dublin City University, Santry; TU Dublin Campus, Grangegorman

Weighing up my options about the vaccination centre job before the deadline tomorrow noon. It would be nice if I knew which centre it was though as there's a slight difference between Citywest and DCU... Might hold out for another role because it does mention in the spec that it'll be at least a 3 month contract which feels like it might be only a 3 month contract...

To answer a previous question the expression of interest came through PAS not directly from the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Weighing up my options about the vaccination centre job before the deadline tomorrow noon. It would be nice if I knew which centre it was though as there's a slight difference between Citywest and DCU... Might hold out for another role because it does mention in the spec that it'll be at least a 3 month contract which feels like it might be only a 3 month contract...

To answer a previous question the expression of interest came through PAS not directly from the HSE.

I would imagine if its at least 3 months, you'd likely do extended until the vaccine programme is finished which (given they are suggestions that a booster shot needed at a later stage) could be awhile.

In contrast if you do hold out for a different position, you should know that you might get less. The normal TCO contracts are a minimum of 8 weeks.

PUP ends in June unless we have a 4th wave so you will drop to 203 I'd take the role

yeah I'm aware of that....... you still need to weigh up 100km round trip every day and the time that takes/travelling costs for such low pay.

My last TCO contract was much closer to home and my travelling costs/time a lot less. Everyone's circumstances are different I guess. I'm on a short list for 2 agency jobs that are local to me too so I'll get something.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, did anyone else get an email today with an expression of interest for the vaccination hubs with the HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Hi guys, did anyone else get an email today with an expression of interest for the vaccination hubs with the HSE?

Hi,

I got one yesterday (for Dublin) and had a deadline of midday today to send back. Was there more sent out today out of interest?

I decided to go for it in the end and sent off this morning, hoping I made the right call!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marcineves

Hi,
    Glad to hear you got called for it I'm on the same panel for Dublin in 80s. Do you mind if I ask what number they are at approximately.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marcineves

Hi,
    Glad to hear you got called for it I'm on the same panel for Dublin in 80s. Do you mind if I ask what number they are at approximately.
    Thanks

Hi,

I got one yesterday (for Dublin) and had a deadline of midday today to send back. Was there more sent out today out of interest?

I decided to go for it in the end and sent off this morning, hoping I made the right call!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Marcineves wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks

Hi,

I was closer to 200 for Dublin.

By expressing interest for the HSE jobs, you are removed from the TCO panel altogether.

I’m not sure how far they are with the placements for the TCO positions, I had been getting my information of this thread and it’s been quiet the last while regarding any placements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Raedownes

Hi I am OOM 86 on the TCO Panel and got an offer for a 6 month contract for Dublin City Council. Just wondering if anyone knows how this works: I got offered a permanent position with the HSE last week and accepted, however I do know they take awhile to proceed with contracting etc. If I take the 6 month contract for TCO can I defer my permanent position start date? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭daffodill50

Raedownes wrote: »
    Hi I am OOM 86 on the TCO Panel and got an offer for a 6 month contract for Dublin City Council. Just wondering if anyone knows how this works: I got offered a permanent position with the HSE last week and accepted, however I do know they take awhile to proceed with contracting etc. If I take the 6 month contract for TCO can I defer my permanent position start date? Thanks

Take the TCO job and when you get a start date with the HSE just ask them is there any wiggle room in deferring. If there isnt just resign from your Tco position giving correct notice. People take TCO jobs all the time as a bridging job, at the end of the day you have to work and so long as you give them the required notice there should be no issues. Ps if you can get a reference from your TCO then do . Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Raedownes wrote: »
    Hi I am OOM 86 on the TCO Panel and got an offer for a 6 month contract for Dublin City Council.

PAS recruiting for the HSE and now the councils this is a complete flipflop on other years no wonder the covid vaccinations are going badly nobody knows what their doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sophie717

Shocked with the news that OOM 86 was only placed today. I spoke with PAS on March 4th and was advised that they had called up to number 134 in Dublin.

Sophie717 wrote: »
    Shocked with the news that OOM 86 was only placed today. I spoke with PAS on March 4th and was advised that they had called up to number 134 in Dublin.

I called Dublin City Council and it seems they were given a batch of candidates and have sent out the offers only today! So insure if I’m the only person with an offer from them! I also have a few friends who are OOM below 50 who have been placed but not heard anything since...I think they are all over the place atm.

PAS recruiting for the HSE and now the councils this is a complete flipflop on other years no wonder the covid vaccinations are going badly nobody knows what their doing.

Yes I’m actually with social welfare on a TCO contract which started last March (mad I know) but I thought I would be placed there again! It seems they are all over the place this year with placements/recruiting for councils and the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 comrade_cal

Hi folks,

I'm in the 35-40 OOM bracket in Mayo, still haven't heard a thing since the interview back in January (other than to say I'd reached the qualifying standard). Just wondering had anyone heard anything or if they've managed to make some progress yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

spoke to someone today said they were in the 20s in Cork-heard nothing

spoke to someone today said they were in the 20s in Cork-heard nothing

Do you know where these positions are going, others have said that in Dublin theres postings to the hse, city council etc.

well this person has heard nothing so far, bit of a body-blow for me, had hoped things were further along. Have they even started in Cork?

• Advertisement

Sorry I see my message was ambiguous. This person's OOM was in the 20s-not that there have been 20 postings. Apologies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Apparently there won’t be as many tco gigs this as normal due to covid and people not taken leave. Heard it from friend is pas

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Any one here anything for Kerry panel? Just seems odd if they could recruit off the panel in Dublin for the HSE vaccine hub posts why not do it in other counties? 2 recruiters were advertising for the Kerry hub positions in last week looking for immediate starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

well this person has heard nothing so far, bit of a body-blow for me, had hoped things were further along. Have they even started in Cork?

They have, one person I know who's a single digit OOM got an offer

Called for dsp today for 15 week contract in cork

bangors85 wrote: »

what was your oom

what was your oom

My oom was 26.

I've heard its a great place to work

Hope so never worker there , hope I like it now . Is it busy there ?

• Advertisement

Hope so never worker there , hope I like it now . Is it busy there ?

That I dont know, but a colleague who did a stint there has only great things to say about it

Advertisement