Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I’m just over 1000 in Dublin and received expression of interest last night. If I turn it down/don’t respond do I get removed from the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I’m just over 1000 in Dublin and received expression of interest last night. If I turn it down/don’t respond do I get removed from the panel?

If you don't respond by the deadline nothing happens. PAS will move onto the next person with the same offer and you will remain on the panel.

Was this for the HSE vaccination position?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

LazyClouds wrote: »
    If you don't respond by the deadline nothing happens. PAS will move onto the next person with the same offer and you will remain on the panel.

Was this for the HSE vaccination position?

It was. I’m reluctant to touch it as I’m on a six month contract currently, the pay is a bit better than what I’d get as a TCO, location is convenient, have a chance of extension etc.

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    It was. I’m reluctant to touch it as I’m on a six month contract currently, the pay is a bit better than what I’d get as a TCO, location is convenient, have a chance of extension etc.

Stay put ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hi all. I submitted my documents for TCO a couple of weeks ago. Clearance have just emailed me to say they’ve received them but to please upload another work or character reference from within the last 3 years. Did anyone else need to submit more than 2 references?

I’ve worked in the same place for over 5 years and have already submitted a reference from my current employer. Kinda frustrating. I’ve emailed them to ask how to proceed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Hi all. I submitted my documents for TCO a couple of weeks ago. Clearance have just emailed me to say they’ve received them but to please upload another work or character reference from within the last 3 years. Did anyone else need to submit more than 2 references?

I’ve worked in the same place for over 5 years and have already submitted a reference from my current employer. Kinda frustrating. I’ve emailed them to ask how to proceed with it.

Just get one from another person in the same workplace. Ideally another manager or team leader, maybe even a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Got an interview for the Vaccine site in Wicklow. Haven't a clue if it is the one in Greystones, which I could get to easy enough, or Arklow which is out of the question for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

cian68 wrote: »
    Got an interview for the Vaccine site in Wicklow. Haven't a clue if it is the one in Greystones, which I could get to easy enough, or Arklow which is out of the question for me.

Interview! What was the pas interview for, are you off the list then if the HSE turn you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 L.jane

Hi all. I have been offered a position in DSP for 4 months. I don't think it would really suit me, if I do not accept am I taken off the panel? How does it work? Thanks

If anyone got place in DSP, how are the hours working with Covid?

• Advertisement

L.jane wrote: »
    Hi all. I have been offered a position in DSP for 4 months. I don't think it would really suit me, if I do not accept am I taken off the panel? How does it work? Thanks

Yes you are taken off, unless you live more than 45km away.

Why don't you think it would suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marty35

Any one know what numbers roughly are placed to date in Donegal for 2021 campaign.

Yes you are taken off, unless you live more than 45km away.

Why don't you think it would suit you?
    Spilt shifts wouldn't work for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got the message yesterday, the express of interest for the Vaccination Clerical Officer posts in Wicklow. I was raging because if it was somewhere a bit closer (I'm based in Kildare) I would have went for it as I will be finished my current TCO 4 month contract at the end of April. But Wicklow would be to hard to commute to (with no car)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Makhnovist

I got the message yesterday, the express of interest for the Vaccination Clerical Officer posts in Wicklow. I was raging because if it was somewhere a bit closer (I'm based in Kildare) I would have went for it as I will be finished my current TCO 4 month contract at the end of April. But Wicklow would be to hard to commute to (with no car)

Got the same message yesterday but I'm based in Wexford, Arklow wouldn't be too bad a commute (also no car) Greystones is less appealing but maybe doable. First time I've looked at the rental market in a while too 3 properties on daft for Arklow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

easier to join the CIA at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭daffodill50

Marty35 wrote: »
    Any one know what numbers roughly are placed to date in Donegal for 2021 campaign.

Not sure about placement but I got a request for my previous references this week, I'm in for the summer panel.

L.jane wrote: »
    Spilt shifts wouldn't work for me.

Did they say it's split shifts? That's not usual for DSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Beckett99

In case anyone is wondering, there have been no assignments made so far from the Monaghan panel. I'm all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Did you apply directly for a position with one of the recruitment agencies who were advertising?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

piskins72 wrote: »
    Did you apply directly for a position with one of the recruitment agencies who were advertising?

No I was 37 in the order of merit on Public Jobs for a tco in November, then in the last week or two got an expression of interest for the vaccine center

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rainyday2020

Hi all,

Just posting for a mate. How far down the Dublin (all year long)panel are PAS?

Thanks,
    RD

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

No I was 37 in the order of merit on Public Jobs for a tco in November, then in the last week or two got an expression of interest for the vaccine center

So that's the other existing panel not this one as interviews for this were only December?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

I was working in DEASP cork as TCO for 11 months up until feb. I uploaded my references and other details about 3 weeks ago havnt heard nothing yet..have people got offered posts in Cork yet such. Im around 80 on the panel.
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Think Im on around 50 OOM on this years panel in Cork and havnt heard anything since uploading the documents. Could be waiting a little while Id say.

ok thanks..hopefully things will speed up

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

I was working in DEASP cork as TCO for 11 months up until feb. I uploaded my references and other details about 3 weeks ago havnt heard nothing yet..have people got offered posts in Cork yet such. Im around 80 on the panel.
    thanks in advance

I Started in deasp last week as a tco in cork. Got 10 months . So far I’m only 1 that’s started in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

bangors85 wrote: »
    I Started in deasp last week as a tco in cork. Got 10 months . So far I’m only 1 that’s started in my area

What building are you in, abbey street or hanover?

Well done! Do you mind me asking where you were on the panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Well done! Do you mind me asking where you were on the panel

I was number 38

Advertisement