Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

What would happen if you are still in a contract from the 2020 campaign and you do well enough in the 2021 campaign that your OOM is reached before your current TCO contract ends?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

furrybones wrote: »
    What would happen if you are still in a contract from the 2020 campaign and you do well enough in the 2021 campaign that your OOM is reached before your current TCO contract ends?

You take the job with the longer contract.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I dont believe they are "Open" in that way. I reckon they are "specific purpose" aka a contract of uncertain duration, like what they use for maternity leave etc.

The DEASP fought the Unions in court to prevent the TCO's in the public services card section becoming permanent. I would be surprised if they risked going down that road again.

I’d say DEASP are well aware of this. I know someone that spent nearly 4 years in DEASP and they were let go just shy of the 4 years. They later became permanent through the CO competition but it had nothing to do with DEASP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

furrybones wrote: »

I’d wouldn’t worry until you are offered something it could take m ok nths for them to get to that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Any idea how long it will be until stage 1 results will be out ?

• Advertisement

Any idea how long it will be until stage 1 results will be out ?

Keep breathing in the meantime lad.

I am me123 wrote: »
    Does that suggest that (in my case) that there may be a chance I could be kept on after the 8 weeks? In DEASP.

If you’ve been told eight probably none but you never know in this climate

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Was that recent, I was in a psc section last year, half the staff where on there fourth year and I heard no mention of that. There was only two full time people out of 12.

Before I left there was a reshuffling of entire Permanent staff and 1 person came from elsewhere. None of the permanents where happy about the moves

There were a number of attempts since about 2016. I think the most recent was case taken to the WRC in Dec 2019.

One point the DEASP argued: the four year rule only applies if a persons contract was renewed or extended at least twice in the four years.

As these so called "open contracts" have no specified end-date, the issue of renewal or extend doesn't occur. They can run for as long as the objective grounds exist.

I’d say DEASP are well aware of this. I know someone that spent nearly 4 years in DEASP and they were let go just shy of the 4 years. They later became permanent through the CO competition but it had nothing to do with DEASP.

Most TCO's in the DSP seem to have got "open contracts" during the pandemic. I accept some TCO, in years gone by, have gotten good lengths however they are few and far between.

I think it unreasonable to believe, or to let others believe, they will get four years or possibly become permanent, when they are only guaranteed 8 weeks. If anything, its likely some will be gone by christmas.

The fact the person you know was let go just shy of four years only reiterates my point; "TCO" and "gold" should not be used in the same sentence.

I’d wouldn’t worry until you are offered something it could take m ok nths for them to get to that stage

Oh, I'm not worrying about it, I was just curious what would happen in that situation.

I was extremely lucky to get a long contract from the 2020 campaign and it still has some months to run.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hopefully we get the stage 1 results today! 🀞ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Hopefully we get the stage 1 results today! 🀞ðŸ¼

I thought they wouldn’t be out until early December?

upinthesky wrote: »
    I thought they wouldn’t be out until early December?

They never specified on the results but they intended to start interviews in early December so its possible.

The invites to interview can only be sent out after the results are issued and they would normally give about a weeks notice for the interview itself. Even if the result are issued today, the first invite wouldn't be until next week and they would only have two weeks to conduct interviews before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Hopefully we get the stage 1 results today! ��ðŸ¼

Did anyone get results? I haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They never specified on the results but they intended to start interviews in early December so its possible.

The invites to interview can only be sent out after the results are issued and they would normally give about a weeks notice for the interview itself. Even if the result are issued today, the first invite wouldn't be until next week and they would only have two weeks to conduct interviews before christmas.

Put back a little maybe? Doesn't sound like they'll have much time to get many done before Christmas.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Put back a little maybe? Doesn't sound like they'll have much time to get many done before Christmas.

Well I mean the interviews in December will likely be for select counties/locations just to get a panel ready to start in early January, they will be interviews all the way through 2021 as normal.

Also, If they do allow those who have already been TCO to skip the interview stage, that will reduce the number of candidates that need to be interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Did anyone get results? I haven't.

Nope, not yet. I was hoping it’d be today but maybe it’ll be next week.

Nope, not yet. I was hoping it’d be today but maybe it’ll be next week.

There all on track and trace duty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow, since the window for the online testing finished. Do they ever release results mid week ? Or would this friday be a possibility ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow, since the window for the online testing finished. Do they ever release results mid week ? Or would this friday be a possibility ?

I'm betting it'll be this Friday. Seems to usually be the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

There out

Just got mine!

Got mine 77 in cork for what that’s worth

• Registered Users Posts: 12 HLK316

316 in Cork for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Got mine 77 in cork for what that’s worth

I was in the 90s for the 2020 panel and got offered a contract in June beginning in August. So I would be think it's not a bad place in the order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sophie717

189 in Dublin - it's my first time going through the process. Is that result any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

48th in Meath order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Spoke too soon. Results are out. I'm around 1000 in Dublin. Hoping something comes of it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ahem123

That's a very good result. Sophie717

• Advertisement

HLK316 wrote: »
    316 in Cork for me.

A chunk of people will pull out so it’s not a bad place.

Advertisement