Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prisons & Sentencing in Ireland

Options
1234568»

Comments

Currently on my third degree at the moment, General Science.

Out of curiosity, what discipline you hoping to follow?

Micro?
    Biochem?
    Chem?
    Ag?
    Geology?

A lot of scientific disciplines could bring you into the orbit of law - regulation, enforcement, policy, standards, R&D....

You might even enjoy it , if you don't be so dismissive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I did ..... life is much more fun at college, why would I ruin it with responsibility, tax, bosses and making promotion? I am doing fine. Stress is a killer. Avoid it and be cool. No point working yourself into an early grave. A few of my friends have had breakdowns, the brother in law had a banger and two of my much older friends have died from cancer last year. Aint worth it man. Focus on being happy.

Surely during college you have seen things like people smoking weed or other things that people end up in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Out of curiosity, what discipline you hoping to follow?

Micro?
    Biochem?
    Chem?
    Ag?
    Geology?

A lot of scientific disciplines could bring you into the orbit of law - regulation, enforcement, policy, standards, R&D....

You might even enjoy it , if you don't be so dismissive?

Dont care, Biotechnology/BioMed and onto immunology.
    I am not a guy who is going to work. I just want to continue as I am until I get called by the Great Architect. That is the life I want to lead

Dont care, Biotechnology/BioMed and onto immunology.
    I am not a guy who is going to work. I just want to continue as I am until I get called by the Great Architect. That is the life I want to lead

You don't want to work in your field?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Surely during college you have seen things like people smoking weed or other things that people end up in court.

Seen? Nope. I knew lads who were at it and they tapped out. I just knew I didnt want anything to do with it. I knew my own crowd and was happy. I have a nephew I inherited when I got married and he embodies everything I hate. Independent pharmaceutical salesman. He has ambition and no brain, two of his childhood friends are in Ballyboden. I am guessing he is a few years behind them.

• Advertisement

You don't want to work in your field?

In the concept you understand "work" not a chance. I love my field I love my uni, I love my hobbies and I love my interests but working like a dog until you are dead not for me. You will twig it eventually when you work out "all the pieces in the Jigsaw dont fit"

In the concept you understand "work" not a chance. I love my field I love my uni, I love my hobbies and I love my interests but working like a dog until you are dead not for me. You will twig it eventually when you work out "all the pieces in the Jigsaw dont fit"

You've a funny perspective of "work", among many things , and very quick to judge others for their choices. Your views seem to be informed, not by experience, but hearsay.

Best of luck on your path in life though.

Your views seem to be informed, not by experience, but hearsay.

Best of luck on your path in life though.

Thank you. Its a system that works perfectly for me so far. Half way through life and never been in a court room, crossed a guard or a neighbour. Been called three times and dodged it every time for different reasons (all genuine).

Advertisement