Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge House Donabate

Options
  • 30-10-2020 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

Out for a walk yesterday, anyone know why or what the light show they seem to be setting up is about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Out for a walk yesterday, anyone know why or what the light show they seem to be setting up is about?

Swords castle has a nice light show on it for Halloween so may be something similar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's for Halloween, Fingal have done it.Lights on Rush library, Lusk Round Tower, Swords and Newbridge.Lovely idea and really simple.ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Apparently they turned off the Swords Castle one because it was causing people to congregate. It looked amazing too.
    Damn you 2020 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Apparently they turned off the Swords Castle one because it was causing people to congregate. It looked amazing too.
    Damn you 2020 :(

Yep I saw some pictures on facebook, it looked really good, is it closed permanently now, or was that just a temporary action because there were crowds? Do you happen to know? Was going to take the kids down to have a look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Darragh Butler posted on the Rivervalley FB page:

Really sorry but due to large crowds and social distancing concerns, FCC had to make the decision to pull the plug on the Halloween �� display this evening. It had been hoped with the lights on all weekend from 4pm that crowds would be spaced out more over the weekend but everyone had the same plan at the same time unfortunately. Totally understandable and I'll let you know if any updates for the weekend.

Apparently it was mayhem down there this evening and the Guards shut it down for tonight. Hopefully they'll get organised for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Yep I saw some pictures on facebook, it looked really good, is it closed permanently now, or was that just a temporary action because there were crowds? Do you happen to know? Was going to take the kids down to have a look.

The light show will be on tonight, Sunday from 5 to 10. The props (skeletons etc) are removed.

The reason so many people were there on Friday was because the Gardai told them to turn the lights off but that wasn't communicated to anyone. I spoke to a family who were there for an hour waiting on it to come on. If it had been left on, people would have a look and head off.

The light show will be on tonight, Sunday from 5 to 10. The props (skeletons etc) are removed.

The reason so many people were there on Friday was because the Gardai told them to turn the lights off but that wasn't communicated to anyone. I spoke to a family who were there for an hour waiting on it to come on. If it had been left on, people would have a look and head off.

I drove past it Sunday evening to take a look and it seemed like most of it had been removed and nothing was doing, no light show, no Skeletons :(

Inquitus wrote: »
    I drove past it Sunday evening to take a look and it seemed like most of it had been removed and nothing was doing, no light show, no Skeletons :(

The light show was on Sunday (or I was imagining things)!

The skeletons etc were removed on Saturday morning.

I heard they took the props away for the light show on Sunday night so people wouldn't congregate up close. Maybe they didn't have the light show after all?

I heard they took the props away for the light show on Sunday night so people wouldn't congregate up close. Maybe they didn't have the light show after all?

The light show was on Sunday as I was at it!

Pity it wasn't better thought out, but at least something was tried.

• Advertisement

The light show was on Sunday as I was at it!

Pity it wasn't better thought out, but at least something was tried.

There was nothing doing when I drove past, maybe I missed it or they were between light shows, absolute shame it got largely canned due to the crowds. At least you got to see something :)

Advertisement