If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics 3090Ci question

Options
  • 30-10-2020 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hey Guys,
    was on recently about the lg CX, but budget has put that one to bed for the moment.
    Wife is offering to get me a better centre speaker and wanted to check with yourselves to see if there would be any issues with my current setup below. 

Denon AVR 4400H setup for 7.1.2
    Fronts  Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR  with built in Atmos 
    Surrounds Gale Silver  
    rears Yamaha NS-b285.
    Centre Yamaha ns-c385
    Sub Yamaha NS-sw 280

Im looking at the Q Acoustics 3090Ci Black that you have avail as the size and price seem in my range. 
    Questions are:
    • Will these work well with the Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR Fronts? 
    • Will they give me much of an improvement over the Yamaha ns-c385s (its a small profile speaker but has done me alright the last few years)
    • If not the Q Acoustics 3090Ci any suggestions for something with a similar profile (space max would be W50cm x D30cm x H20cm)
    [*]

also whats the difference between the 3090C and the Ci?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Keoin18 wrote: »
    hey Guys,
    was on recently about the lg CX, but budget has put that one to bed for the moment.
    Wife is offering to get me a better centre speaker and wanted to check with yourselves to see if there would be any issues with my current setup below. 

Surrounds Gale Silver  
    rears Yamaha NS-b285.
    Centre Yamaha ns-c385
    Sub Yamaha NS-sw 280

Im looking at the Q Acoustics 3090Ci Black that you have avail as the size and price seem in my range. 
    Questions are:
    • Will they give me much of an improvement over the Yamaha ns-c385s (its a small profile speaker but has done me alright the last few years)
    • If not the Q Acoustics 3090Ci any suggestions for something with a similar profile (space max would be W50cm x D30cm x H20cm)

[*]

Thanks!
    [*]
    Hi Keoin18,

Thanks for the post!

The 3090Ci is a fantastic centre speaker and would integrate well with your Denon and fronts. It will offer great clarity and drive, especially when compared with a smaller profile speaker!

The main difference between the C and the Ci is the cabinet bracing which has been improved to give a tighter, more focused sound!

They would be a great addition to your set up!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Keoin18

hey Guys,

Surrounds Gale Silver  
    rears Yamaha NS-b285.
    Centre Yamaha ns-c385
    Sub Yamaha NS-sw 280

Questions are:

[*]

Thanks!

[*]
    Hi Keoin18,

Thanks for the post!

The 3090Ci is a fantastic centre speaker and would integrate well with your Denon and fronts. It will offer great clarity and drive, especially when compared with a smaller profile speaker!

The main difference between the C and the Ci is the cabinet bracing which has been improved to give a tighter, more focused sound!

Kind regards

David
    [*]
    Thanks for the quick response David.
    I cant seem to see the Black 3090Ci on the website? Is it avail, and if so whats the price? If not is the Grey Graphite one dark? Its to go into a dark tv unit so the less obvious it is visually the less crap Ill get from the wife!

Eoin

hey Guys,

Surrounds Gale Silver  
    rears Yamaha NS-b285.
    Centre Yamaha ns-c385
    Sub Yamaha NS-sw 280

Questions are:

[*]

Thanks!

[*]
    Hi Keoin18,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Thanks for the quick response David.
    I cant seem to see the Black 3090Ci on the website? Is it avail, and if so whats the price? If not is the Grey Graphite one dark? Its to go into a dark tv unit so the less obvious it is visually the less crap Ill get from the wife!

Eoin
    [*]
    i Eoin,

I only have the grey graphite one available but they're quite low in stock!

It's not as dark as the black but still pretty dark! It's like a dark grey colour! Plus they both have black grilles so face on you won't see much of a difference!

You can order one via the link below!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203274-q-acoustics-3090ci-grey-graphite-single-centre-speaker.aspx

Kind regards

David

Thanks David,
    Yeah ok Ill pull the trigger on it. Will I go through the site or can you help me here? Whichever is easiest I don't mind? Also going to 1 pair of banana plugs too

Eoin

Thanks David,
    Yeah ok Ill pull the trigger on it. Will I go through the site or can you help me here? Whichever is easiest I don't mind? Also going to 1 pair of banana plugs too

Eoin
    Hi Eoin,

It'd be quicker for you online as it's a faster process but we can do it over the phone if you prefer?

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks David,

Eoin
    Hi Eoin,

It'd be quicker for you online as it's a faster process but we can do it over the phone if you prefer?

Kind regards

David
    No thats fine can do online! 

Thanks as always!

Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Eoin and as ever keep us posted if we can assist ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.